Event & Venue Information
Dates: Friday, April 6 - Sunday, April 8
City: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Prize Pool: Starting $150,000
Pro Points: 25,000 Series
Friday, April 6: Registration begins at 9:00 AM PST. Doors open for teams at 10:00 AM PST Doors open to spectators at 12:00 PM PST for open bracket viewing. Teams must arrive by 11:00 AM PST for a tournament start at 12:00 PM noon PST. Main stage matches begin at 2:00 PM PST.
Saturday, April 7: Doors open to spectators at 9:30 AM PST. Teams should arrive by 9:00 AM PST, tournament and main stage matches resume at 10:00 AM PST.
Sunday, April 8: Doors open to spectators at 9:30 AM PST. Teams should arrive by 9:00 AM PST, tournament and main stage matches resume at 10:00 AM PST.
Stream Schedule: Starts Friday at 2:00 PM PST, Saturday at 10:00 AM PST, Sunday at 10:00 AM PST on https://live.gearsofwar.com
Venue: Caesars Entertainment Studios
Address: 4165 Korval Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89109
General Team Pass Sales ($200 USD): Friday, February 16th at 3PM PST
All team passes include 5 players and a coach/manager (6 individual passes total). Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable. All teams are required to purchase passes, including pool play, travel coverage and open bracket teams. Each player must submit their Gamertag, MLG username, and contact info during registration.
Pool Play Teams: Rosters must be completed on smash.gg by March 19th at 3:00 PM PST (Pool Play roster lock). Official roster submissions will not be accepted by email. Teams will be required to invite all team members via email or smash.gg usernames at the time of pass purchase. After passes are purchased, rosters can be changed up to the Pool Play roster lock time and date. Pool play roster changes may be made AFTER the Roster Lock date (March 19th at 3:00 PM PST) until the open bracket roster lock date, however these teams will be removed from pool play and seeded into the open bracket. Any teams that make roster changes following the open bracket roster lock date will be placed at the bottom of the open bracket unseeded. Pool play teams will be seeded by Pro Points as of March 19th at 12:00 AM PST. All pool play teams must arrive (latest) on Wednesday, April 4th and depart (earliest) on Monday, April 9th due to media day requirements.
Travel Assistance: Travel assistance is available to the Top 3 Latin American teams, Top 8 North American teams, and the Top 3 European teams via Gears Pro Points at the seeding point deadline. Teams submitting for travel assistance must have submitted their roster & pass purchased via smash.gg by March 19th at 3:00 PM PST (official travel assistance deadline). Assistance is paid out at a total amount for average travel costs based on your region. This gives the teams or organizations flexibility to book travel as desired. Travel coverage teams are required to book their own flights (hotel will be covered by the tournament organizer). Travel assistance may be paid out after the event has completed. Teams (and org owners) must sign a form releasing the funds to either individual players OR to be paid to the organization (one or the other). In an emergency financial situation, where a team cannot book their own travel, they may request it be booked by the tournament organizer (by Friday, March 23rd at 12:00 AM PST). Emergency Travel Assistance covers only players (coaches and/or org owners will not receive assistance). Teams that submit for Emergency Travel Coverage will not receive any additional assistance. Roster changes made after the travel assistance deadline may result in partial or zero team travel funding. All pool play teams must arrive (latest) on Wednesday, April 4th and depart (earliest) on Monday, April 9th due to media day requirements. For travel assistance questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Bracket Teams: Full rosters must be completed on smash.gg by April 2nd at 3:00 PM PST (official open bracket roster lock). Official roster submissions will not be accepted by email. Teams will be required to invite all team members via email or smash.gg usernames at the time of pass purchase (smash.gg usernames are highly recommended). Rosters can be changed up to the roster lock time and date, however roster changes made after this date must be submitted via email@example.com and are subject to approval by Gears Esports. These teams will be placed at the bottom of the open bracket unseeded. Open Bracket teams will be seeded by Pro Points as of April 2nd at 12:00 AM PST.
General Rules: Teams may not sell or transfer passes. Each Team Pass includes 6 individual passes (5 players + coach). Teams are required to invite all team members via email or smash.gg usernames. Rosters can be changed up to the open bracket roster lock date (April 2nd at 3:00 PM PST), however Pool Play teams changing their roster after the Pool Play roster lock date (March 19th at 3:00 PM PST) will forfeit their Pool Play spot and be placed in the Open Bracket.
How to register for a Team Pass on smash.gg:
- All team members must register an account on smash.gg.
- Team Captain or Manager goes to the Event Page (https://smash.gg/tournament/gears-pro-circuit-las-vegas-open) and clicks the "Register" button in the top right (under the header) to access the Registration form.
- Team Captain or Manager fills out first page of form with personal details, advances to Registration form.
- Team Captain or Manager selects team pass from the drop down menu.
- Team Captain or Manager creates a new team by entering a team name in the prompted field, and invites teammates by entering their smash.gg usernames or email addresses.
- Team Captain or Manager fills out the remainder of the form, advances to Payment form.
- Team Captain or Manager fills out Payment form to pay for pass.
- Team Captain or Manager receives a registration confirmation email, and can make any changes to their roster (prior to roster lock) on smash.gg.
- Team Players accept invite.
Note: All players will be required to provide certain information upon registering for the tournament.
Spectator Ticket Sales Begin: Friday, February 16th at 3PM PST. 25 USD for all regions on smash.gg (See instructions below).
Spectator passes include full access to the main stage area, featured station area, and the exciting open bracket for the entire weekend.
Meet Gears of War developers and the professional Gears teams! Signings and photographs will be available throughout the weekend.
Non-refundable and non-transferable.
Parental Supervision and a signed Parental Consent form (available here) will be required for all spectators or participants under the age of 18. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Purchasing Spectator Passes on smash.gg:
- Register an account on smash.gg.
- Go to the Event Page (https://smash.gg/tournament/gears-pro-circuit-las-vegas-open) and click the "Register" button.
- Enter your details and continue to the Registration form.
- Select "Spectator Pass" under "Team Pass".
- Select the amount of passes you wish to purchase
- Fill out the remainder of the form (Note: Xbox Gamertags will be used to grant all Watch and Win skins given away on stream)
- Proceed to Payment form and pay for your passes.
- Confirm that the confirmation and receipt has been sent to your account.