Hear from Ultimate Edition’s Art Director, Chris Matthews and Lead Character Artist, Heber Alvarado about how RAAM was remastered.
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Beta Recap
From June 15 to June 23, The Coalition invited players to participate in a Beta for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. Hundreds of thousands of you answered the call, logging over a million matches in a week. The most dedicated players played dozens of matches - one of you even finished over 500 games! From everyone here at The Coalition, thank you!
While we certainly hope you enjoyed your time in the Beta (and hopefully scored the multiplayer characters or one of the 7 different weapon skins we awarded), we’d like to share some details on how you've helped improve Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for its launch next month.
Thanks to your feedback, the development team at The Coalition will implement the following fixes and improvements. Please note that this is just a summary, not an exhaustive list:
- Multiple fixes and tuning for the Gnasher Shotgun
- Multiple fixes for Frag Grenades, Boomshot, and Torque Bow
- Tuning for footstep audio and other sounds around a player
- King of the Hill improvements, including ability for The Coalition to adjust more settings for competitive play
- Removed active down from Active Reloaded Longshot sniper rifle and added/tuned active bonus for sniper bloom/aim
- Bug fixes and tuning for skill-based matchmaking
- Tuned red/blue colours for team shaders (Locust/COG)
- Improved look of blood and gore in gameplay
- Improved game performance to reduce screen tearing
- Bug fixes and tuning for Controller Sensitivity Settings
- Various bug fixes on maps, weapons, matchmaking, audio, and controls
We want you to know that we take your feedback seriously and we are looking forward to you trying out these new changes in August when the retail game launches. As always, we want to hear your feedback -- join us on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, or YouTube.
During the Beta we also ran several contests such as the E3 Video Reaction Contest and chose some random draw winners from those of you who submitted gameplay videos from the Beta to the forums. Prizes included limited edition Ultimate Edition t-shirts, signed copies of the game, and a special community weapon skin. We also awarded this skin to three of you during the Beta – the player who got the most kills (6821), the most downs (3418), and the most matches (597).
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition launches August 25 (August 28 in some markets) and you can look forward to all 19 maps (plus special community map “Boxes”), all the original game modes in Gears of War, plus Team Deathmatch and King of the Hill, split-screen support, party support, LAN support, private matches on dedicated servers, two spectator slots in private and LAN matches (does not take up player slots), and 17 additional playable multiplayer characters unlocked with level progression in Versus.
Thank you again from all of us at The Coalition and we can’t wait to play Gears of War: Ultimate Edition with you in August!