Welcome to another What’s Up Gears fans! Every Thursday, we’re here to bring you the latest and greatest news, community content and more from the Gearsiverse.
Here’s What’s Up this week in Gears:
- Columbus Charity Invitational kicks off this weekend!
- Thanksgibbing returns next Thursday
- Blitz and Boss Rush continue in Gears 4
Columbus Charity Invitational
This weekend marks a very special moment in the Gears Pro Circuit.
12 incredible teams have been invited to the MLG Studios in Columbus, Ohio to battle it out for yet another title and the lion’s share of a $100,000 prize pool. What makes this event special, and has us really excited, is the fact that $100,000 will also be going to charity!
Each team has picked a charity of their choice – and whatever they earn as a team, the same amount will go directly to that charity. Not only are teams fighting for their own glory this weekend, but the glory of those in need.
We are massively excited to showcase yet another weekend of incredible Gears Esports and support some incredible causes at the same time. Join us this weekend at live.gearsofwar.com to watch another action-packed couple of days.
Don’t forget that, as with every Esports event, there’s also a ton of giveaways throughout the stream. The stars of the show are the Weapon Skins and they are a TREAT for this event. Not only are more Team Animal weapon skins up for grabs, but we’ll also be debuting the first opportunity to claim the brand new Overgrown Weapon Skins during the weekend’s stream. Of course, we’ve also got other prizes like Xbox One Elite controllers to digital goodies like Black Steel Packs.
Stay up to date with all the information and times at Gears.GG. We’ll also be hosting a special Community Stream this Friday at 4pm PST packed with special guests and the latest Gears news. See you there.
Coming Up in Gears of War 4
We’ve had a ton of fun watching Gears Squads take on the insanity of Boss Rush this week. Thank you for all your feedback and hilarious clips you’ve shared with us so far.
If you haven’t already dived in to Boss Rush, it’s 10 waves of Boss filled mayhem with multiple bosses (sometimes as many as 5 or 6!) spawning in a wave as you progress. It’s tough but a whole load of fun. You can also pick up the Heartbeat Torque Skin (Lower Difficulty Playlist) and Boomshot (Higher Difficulty Playlist) if you can conquer all 10 waves.
For the best of the best, we clearly underestimated just how good you are by playing it safe with Hardcore. We've now fixed that. The harder difficulty Boss Rush has now been bumped up to Insane with the most defensible maps in the game removed. Good luck! (We think you’re going to need it).
More pain also means more gain though - both difficulty levels now offer more XP based on your initial reports. We’ll continue to listen to your feedback as we iterate on this new Horde variant to make it the best it can be.
It’s time to give thanks to the mighty Cluckshot.
Beginning next Thursday, Thanksgibbing will make its triumphant return to Gears of War 4. Grab a Cluckshot and watch the feathers fly as your opponent’s explode.
Cluckshot KOTH will be available beginning Thursday 22nd November for when you don’t want to move from your couch after Thanksgiving dinner.
other gears 4 goodness
- Blitz continues throughout this weekend – jump in before it’s gone!
- The Kantus Collective Pack will be replaced with the NCOG Marine Pack on Friday
- Check our Season 5 Ranked Challenge progress in the Xbox Guide or at My Rewards!
- Don’t forget there’s 500G of new achievements waiting for you right now in Gears 4
This Week In Esports
This week saw the debut of Episode 18 of the Mixer-exclusive Gears Pro Circuit All Access series, which went behind the scenes with two of Gears Esports biggest orgs - OpTic Gaming and Ghost Gaming. The episode showed how players prepare from their org headquarters in Dallas and Los Angeles. OpTic’s coach Nick “Ashes” Ridgeway and Ghost’s coach Joe “Fatalstryke” Laquinto also caught up with Gears esports caster Colin Clarke to talk about the strategies they use to make their teams champions and how their teams have performed so far this season.
You can check out this week’s episode, along with the rest of the Gears Pro Circuit All Access series on the Gears of War YouTube playlist:
Museum of Community Glory
Greetings Gears, Vectes here, back with our Gears Creator Spotlight.
This week, to celebrate the Gears Pro Circuit Charity Invitational at Columbus, OH and the launch of our @GearsLATAM Twitter account for everything Gears delivered in Spanish (Latin American Gears fans, make sure to follow!), we thought we would highlight a Spanish speaking Pro Gears player.
Please meet Alex "SuMuNs" Ascencion, whom we believe needs no introduction. SuMuNs has been playing for OpTic Gaming since August 2016 and started to be a Gears fan with Gears of War 2. He quickly got addicted to the game and started getting into the competitive scene – by the time of Gears of War 3, he had played over 2,000 Gamebattles matches.
His channels mainly focus on Esports gameplay featuring the best players out there, as well as some great tips and tricks videos.
Without further ado, here are our recommended videos:
ESPANOL SINGLES (TIPS & TRICKS)
OpTic SuMuNs BEST SNIPER IN GEARS 4
Are you a Gears Video Creator in the community? Tweet a link to your channel to @CoalitionGears with #WhatsUpGears for a chance to be featured in What’s Up next week! Everyone featured will receive the TCA Commendation Lancer.
What’s the latest on the re-launch of The Coalition Army?
An important part of The Coalition Army is in our ability to deliver professional grade resources and high quality assets directly to Creators. We’ve been working hard to reinvent our delivery system to vastly improve the way we get that content to members in the best way possible.
In the 11th hour, testing has uncovered a hitch that we need to address which means, right now, we don’t have a firm date to share today as we had hoped.
The team are working hard to get this resolved and bring you the new TCA as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience – we can’t wait to tell you more.
Come In, Control
- You wanted tougher? You get tougher. Boss Rush Hardcore is now Boss Rush Insane
- Attention Latin American Gears fans. Make sure to follow the new @GearsLATAM account for everything Gears delivered in Spanish!
- Our latest Gears 4 Game Update just went live today. Please click here to read the Update Notes
- Looking to acquire some new Heartbeat skins? Beat Horde Rush to earn the Heartbeat Torque Bow and Boomshot skins
- My Stats on http://GearsofWar.com has now been updated with Season 4 placement stats. Season 4 Rewards can now be claimed.
- We have deployed a server-side fix to address users impacted by Error 0x00000d1c. If you were previously impacted by this issue, you can now attempt to play Horde again
- The Ranked Escalation Map Rotation has now been updated to more closely reflect the new Esports Map Rotation
- My Rewards page is now updated with all Season 5 Weapon Skin Rewards and the two new Stay Frosty challenges Rewards
- Screenshots can now be submitted again in Gears 2, which is the required step to unlock the Photojournalist achievement
- Season 5 stats including 2v2 Gnashers are now accessible on GearsofWar.com stats page
Join us tomorrow, Friday November 16 at 1PM PT/ 4PM ET for our Gears Weekly Stream, live from the Gears Pro Circuit Charity Invitational at Columbus, OH!
Claim the Canadian Omen Boltok skin, watch some 2v2 action with special guests, including @GuyBlazeLive and @Benson_EU and get your questions answered. As always, we hope to see you there. https://live.gearsofwar.com