Dates: Friday, Januray 26 - Sunday, January 28
City: Mexico City, Mexico
Venue: World Trade Center Mexico City
Prize Pool: $150,000
Pro Points: 25,000 Series
Friday, January 26: Doors open to spectators at 12:00 PM CST for open bracket viewing. Teams must arrive by 11:00 AM CST for a tournament start at 12:00 PM noon CST. Main stage matches begin at 4:00 PM CST.
Saturday, January 27: Doors open to spectators at 9:30 AM CST. Teams must arrive by 9:00 AM CST, tournament and main stage matches resume at 10:00 AM CST.
Sunday, January 28: Doors open to spectators at 9:30 AM CST. Teams must arrive by 9:00 AM CST, tournament and main stage matches resume at 10:00 AM CST.
Stream Schedule: Starts Friday at 4:00 PM CST, Saturday at 10:00 AM CST, Sunday at 10:00 AM CST on http://live.gearsofwar.com
All team passes include 5 players and a coach/manager. Full team rosters must be submitted at time of purchase and are non-refundable and non-transferable. The team pass purchase page requires information about each player (Xbox Gamertag, MLG username, contact info, etc) so please make sure you have that information handy before you register for a team pass.
Latin American Team Pass Pre-Sale (2000 MX Pesos): Immediately following Gears Pro Circuit All Access, Wednesday December 6th at 5:30 PM CT (3:30 PM PT/6:30 PM ET)
All 5 players must reside in Latin America. Any international teams attempting to purchase team passes during the Latin American pre-sale will not be registered or refunded. Please note our team pass sale page is only available in English but will be used for both Latin America and General team pass sales.
The Latin American pre-sale special pricing will have limited availability for 2 days only.
Purchase Passes Here
General Team Pass Sales ($200 USD): Friday December 8th at 5 PM CT (3 PM PT/6 PM ET)
Teams from around the world may purchase the General Team Pass after this date. Latin American teams may purchase the General Team Pass if they missed the pre-sale. Pool play, travel coverage and open bracket teams all purchase and use the same team pass purchase process.
Purchase Passes Here
Spectator Ticket Sales Begin: Friday, September 5th at 5 PM CT (3 PM PT/6 PM ET). 400 pesos for Latin American residents on TicketMaster, and $25 USD for all regions on smash.gg (See instructions below).
Spectator passes include full access to the main stage area, featured station pro team area, and the exciting open bracket for the entire weekend.
Meet Gears of War developers and the professional Gears teams! Signings and photographs will be available throughout the weekend.
Non-refundable and non-transferable.
Purchasing Spectator Passes on smash.gg (English):
- Register an account on smash.gg.
- Go to the Event Page (http://smash.gg/GearsMexicoCity) and click the "Register" button.
- Enter your details and continue to the Registration form.
- Select "Spectator Pass" under "Team Pass".
- Select the amount of passes you wish to purchase
- Fill out the remainder of the form (Note: Xbox Gamertags will be used to grant all Watch and Win skins given away on stream)
- Proceed to Payment form and pay for your passes.
- Confirm that the confirmation and receipt has been sent to your account.
Pool Play Teams: Rosters must be completed on smash.gg by January 8th at 5:00 PM EDT (Pool Play roster lock). Official roster submissions will not be accepted by email. Teams will be required to invite all team members via email or smash.gg usernames at the time of pass purchase. After passes are purchased, rosters can be changed up to the Pool Play roster lock time and date. Pool play roster changes may be made AFTER the Roster Lock date (January 8th at 5:00 PM EDT) until the open bracket roster lock date, however these teams will be removed from pool play and seeded into the open bracket. Any roster changes made after the open bracket roster lock date will be placed at the bottom of the open bracket unseeded. Pool play teams will be seeded by Pro Points as of January 8th at 6:00 AM EDT. All pool play teams must arrive (latest) on Thursday, January 25 and depart (earliest) on Monday, January 29 due to media day requirements.
Travel Assistance: Travel assistance are available to the Top 8 Latin American teams, Top 8 North American teams, and the Top 3 European teams via Gears Pro Points at the seeding point deadline. Teams submitting for travel assistance must have submitted their roster & purchased a pass via smash.gg by January 8th at 5:00 PM EDT (official travel assistance deadline). Assistance is paid out at a total amount for average travel costs based on your region. This gives the teams or organizations flexibility to book travel as desired. Teams are required to book their own travel (flights, accommodations, etc). Travel assistance is paid out after the event has completed and teams (and org owners) must sign a form releasing the funds to either individual players OR to be paid to the organization (one or the other). In an emergency financial situation where a team cannot book their own travel, they may request it be booked by the tournament organizer (by Jan 9th), but they will not receive any assistance. Roster changes made after the travel assistance deadline may result in partial or zero team travel funding. All teams submitting for travel funding must arrive (latest) on Thursday, January 25 and depart (earliest) on Monday, January 29 due to media day requirements. For travel assistance questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Bracket Teams: Full rosters must be completed on smash.gg by January 22nd at 5:00 PM EDT (official open bracket roster lock). Official roster submissions will not be accepted by email. Teams will be required to invite all team members via email or smash.gg usernames at the time of pass purchase. Rosters can be then changed up to the roster lock time and date, however roster changes made after this date must be submitted via email@example.com and are subject to approval by Gears Esports. These teams will be placed at the bottom of the open bracket unseeded Open Bracket teams will be seeded by Pro Points as of January 22nd at 6:00 AM EDT.
General Rules: Teams may not sell or transfer passes. Each Team Pass includes 6 passes (5 players + coach). Teams are required to invite all team members via email or smash.gg usernames at the time of pass purchase. Rosters can be changed up to the open bracket roster lock date (January 22nd at 5:00 PM EDT), however Pool Play teams changing their roster after the Pool Play roster lock date (January 8th at 5:00 PM EDT) will forfeit their Pool Play spot and be placed in the Open Bracket.
How to register for a Team Pass on smash.gg:
- All team members must register an account on smash.gg.
- Team Captain or Manager goes to the Event Page (http://smash.gg/GearsMexicoCity) and clicks the "Register" button in the top right (under the header) to access the Registration form.
- Team Captain or Manager fills out first page of form with personal details, advances to Registration form.
- Team Captain or Manager selects correct team pass from the drop down menu (Note: All 5 players must reside in Latin America for Pre-Sale passes. Any international teams attempting to purchase team passes during the Latin American pre-sale will not be registered or refunded.)
- Team Captain or Manager creates a new team by entering a team name in the prompted field, and invites teammates by entering their smash.gg usernames or email addresses.
Note: All team members must be invited at the time of pass purchase
- Team Captain or Manager fills out the remainder of the form, advances to Payment form.
- Team Captain or Manager fills out Payment form to pay for pass.
- Team Captain or Manager receives a registration confirmation email, and can make any changes to their roster (prior to roster lock) on smash.gg.
- Team Players accept invite.
Note: All players will be required to provide certain information upon registering for the tournament.