Hot-Fix Update: Streaming Install

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hi everyone, 

We detected an issue with our Streaming Install system for Gears of War 4 following the release of Rise of the Horde that would cause a crash when opening the game during installation (shown as 'Ready to Play'). Usually, opening at Ready to Play allows you to prioritize what to install and allows access to some features. 

We want to make sure that anyone downloading future Updates or downloading the Trial can use our Streaming Install system to play as they download. As such, we've released a small update today for all users that fixes this issue. There are no other bug fixes or changes in this Hot-Fix. 

Additionally, we are targeting the release of another Hot-Fix Update soon to address some community reported issues, including the Rust Lung audio bug. We'll provide Update Notes on our second Hot-Fix once it's passed Certification. 

Have a great weekend taking on the Rise of the Horde! 

TC
Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears 
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio. 
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
This is only for consoles or also for PC? 
Windows store always restart my download when im close to finish the update...
When are you going to fix the BIGELOWE problem?
Hello, I posted this in March. My placement is still stuck to this day and i cant get any rank for PC. I really want to grind to get diamond in order to get the gnasher skin. Please Help! Thank you. 

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/a35773093fe74d3d9970e0a896b16d6d/threads/cant-get-placed-in-a-rank-on-pc-stuck-on-last-placement-match/a95c24f7-f1a4-4c60-b620-c1f096e5a06b/posts?page=1 

If you could just reset my placements all together that would be fine. I would not mind having to get all 5 placements again. I just want to get into a rank
Had the same issue and have been stuck as well
Hey I got that stupid Bigelowe error crap again please fix it and why does this error still Even persists!
Is the Coalition even going to respond to the BIGELOWE problem? How about the fact that it's affecting more and more gamers every day? Hell I can't even get a response on the forums. Here is the Coalition phone number 604-693-7000. Anyone who takes the time to read this please take the time to call and complain. The Coalition as yet to address this issue. it's been going on since at least November, with Gears players from all over the world. Some of them haven't been able to play since then either.
NeoIvAn X wrote:

Windows store always restart my download when im close to finish the update...
I have the same problem, but not sure of this is related to TC devs or windows store devs. Really annoying bug. If TC could answer would be great.
Spongeboys from hell - A vulgar display of sponge - Far beyond sponge - The great southern spongekill - Reinventing the sponge - Vulgar display of sponge
I want my "I am Jeter lancer weapo skin" I completed all the quest that Saturday watching thetournament. TC help me out.
Wowwwwwwwwwww this kicked my friend out during a horde match on wave 40 inconceivable. now got start all way back over because he wont get the achievement. why can't you guys do this at the lowest peak hours??? or don't require to kick ppl out of a match when theres an update??
Is anyone else having the issue of the update freezing? I know it's not my connection because all my other updates a are working.

This post has been hidden.

I hope we Can play at the same time were playing, thats will make the time passing by so much fast
Will this next hot fix address the issue where the longshot magically loses a bullet when a player drops it? 
for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, if somebody picks up the longshot and dies before they have a chance to shoot any bullets, it will only have 7 rounds when somebody else picks it up instead of 8. 

You can easily observe this glitch in a private match. When the round starts go pick up the longshot. Then pick your lancer back up. Then pick the longshot back up. The longshot will only have 7 rounds instead of 8.
So I just purchased the Ultimate Edition and after the lengthy install, I WAS excited to play. Boot the game up and I get greeted with a message referring me to this forum with instruction to search BIGELOWE.  
So I just spent $100 on a game I can't play. 
It seems from digging into your forum this has been an issue for some time with zero response of BIGELOW from your team. 

I'm pretty disappointed in my purchase right now.
Same my rank placement in Escalation is still stuck at 3 and I can't place any rank in that game mode and it's annoying. You really need to to fix that TC. A lot people are complaining and even some of my friends can't place either.
So I just purchased the Ultimate Edition and after the lengthy install, I WAS excited to play. Boot the game up and I get greeted with a message referring me to this forum with instruction to search BIGELOWE.  
So I just spent $100 on a game I can't play.  
It seems from digging into your forum this has been an issue for some time with zero response of BIGELOW from your team.  

I'm pretty disappointed in my purchase right now.
Missing Forum Badge 

Watch This Laggy ****** Grenade  

https://twitch.tv/capnjacksparo: <==== He Streams Gears 4 on Twitch 

"Well, we're not here to sell cookies... So they know something's up."
Something completely pointless that doesn't need fixed, but now my update is stuck at 83% and I can't play the game. Nice job.
I have a problem connecting to the servers, it just keeps loading infinitely, I check my internet speed before and after, I have 50mb of download, 5mb upload and 60ms, this just happens with this game, any other game I can play online without problems.  

i reseted console, game, uninstalled and installed it. idk what to do. 

This problem started 3 days ago.
I clicked update and it said it was about 1000 mb or whatever and as soon as did that it changed to a 78.62 GB update??? It like uninstalled the entire game why?!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3