Multi-GPU Support for Gears of War 4

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
We are excited to announce that Multi-GPU support arrives with the May Update on May 2nd 2017 for our Windows 10 players! Our Windows 10 team have been hard at work implementing support for users who use dual graphics card setups, and now fans can take full advantage of their setup to really push the stunning visuals of Gears of War 4. 

For those who don’t know, Multi-GPU (also known as mGPU) enables users to use two Graphics Cards in combination in order to boost the overall GPU capabilities of their rig. Gears of War 4 now utilizes up to two linked discrete GPUs to increase rendering performance up to 80%. 

Before getting started, ensure you read the following guide for a list of required updates and information on what to expect from our Multi-GPU support. 

Software Updates 
Multi GPU in Gears of War 4 requires some updates in order to function correctly. Not updating your graphics drivers may result in corruption or crashes during gameplay or when changing your visual settings. 

Windows 10: We strongly recommend you update to the Creators Update of Windows 10. The update contains fixes to the DirectX 12 layer that will improve Multi GPU performance by reducing time spent in some DirectX function calls.  
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/d4efb316-79f0-1aa1-9ef3-dcada78f3fa0/get-the-windows-10-creators-update  

NVIDIA Driver: An NVIDIA driver update is required to have Multi GPU function correctly on NVIDIA devices. Please update to version 381.89 (released 4/25/2017). 
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/117914/en-us  

AMD Driver: An AMD driver update is required to have Multi GPU function correctly on AMD devices. Please update to version 17.4.4 (released 4/25/2017). 
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64  

Setup 
To enable Multi GPU, you must enable SLI (NVIDIA) or CrossFire (AMD) in your devices graphics control panel. 

NVIDIA Setup 
1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel 
2. Select “Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX” from the “Select a Task…” list. 
3. Select the “Maximize 3D performance” radio button and apply the settings. 

AMD Setup 
1. Open the Radeon control panel. 
2. Select the “Gaming” tab. 
3. Toggle “AMD CrossFire” to On. 

AMD Note: If you’ve done the AMD Minimal Setup, you won’t have the AMD Radeon control center and CrossFire may be defaulted to off. You may need to install the Radeon software to enable CrossFire. 

Release Notes 

• To get the most out of Multi GPU, your game needs to be GPU bound (meaning the GPU is limiting you from higher framerates). You can check your performance using the in-game benchmark, which will tell you the percentage GPU bound the game is under load. If this number is 80+% than you should get some benefit from using multiple GPUs.
  • Increasing the resolution of the game or increasing the quality of some of the settings is a good way to take advantage of the extra rendering power of the second GPU.
  • The implementation of Multi GPU in Gears of War 4 requires constant synchronization of data between the two GPUs. Using 4K resolution and “Ultra” quality shadows may exceed the bandwidth available on the PCIe bus for synchronizing the two cards, causing stuttering or slowdown in the game.
  • Only two GPUs will be utilized if SLI or CrossFire is enabled. Systems with more than two GPUs will not see additional gains.
Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Gears Is Love 💛

This post has been hidden.

Can I add? RivaTuner is also a great way to see what is being used the most and how much. It shows CPU, GPU and RAM stats. You can also view FPS ect. 
You can get it HERE

Note: Disable Dame DVR and The Game Bar for RivaTuner to work.
Follow me on Twitter!  
Subscribe to my channel!  
\\*// GEARS for life, chainsaws FOREVER! \\*//  
Xbox Ambassador/ Xbox support  
Gears of War Technical Help and Support
GEARS BABY
has 1080 ti getting blue screens been fixed on Creators update ?
has 1080 ti getting blue screens been fixed on Creators update ?
Update and find out. You can roll back if it's not.
Follow me on Twitter!  
Subscribe to my channel!  
\\*// GEARS for life, chainsaws FOREVER! \\*//  
Xbox Ambassador/ Xbox support  
Gears of War Technical Help and Support
Yay , Finaly Time to play the game at 4k  

thank you TC for keeping your promise , better late than never
So does this mean mGPU support for Gears UE is finally coming too? This was promised to come around the same time.
I get a bigelowe error I got a week without playing
Pretty nice eh
AAAAAALLELUJA! 

I lost every hope, this is a great way to start the day, thank you!
Nice to see PC is still getting updates like this, keep up the good work. 
Next - HDR support <3
Nice! Looking forward to testing out later.
can someone check the scaling and post please 

i'am redownloading the game  

thanks
Thank you!!! I can finally play at 4K with my dual 1080's in my Asus GX800 lappy. However, you guys were very, very late.
so i just tried it out, both of my GPU's are at 90 to 100 percent usage and I went from 47 frames to about 75 to 80 at 4K maxed out...awesome!!! 

Asus GX800 Laptop  
7820hk @ 4.0ghz 
Dual GTX 1080's 
64GB DDR4 
2TB SSD Raid 0
MMy results. Should try again with Gsync off.
i would like to seee with gsync off to compare if u please  
thanks  

and thanks for pposting guys
i would like to seee with gsync off to compare if u please  
thanks  

and thanks for pposting guys
1440 with Gsync off. 4k rates were within mere tenths of a frame vs gsync on. 

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5