Rise of the Horde - Update Compression

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Hello Gears fans! 

When we release today's massive Rise of the Horde update for Gears of War 4, you may notice your download is noticeably bigger than usual. 

We've heard your feedback on the Hard Drive footprint of Gears of War 4 being quite substantial. Over the past few months, we've been working on a new compression technique to dramatically reduce the overall file size of Gears of War 4 and to provide smaller sized downloads for future Updates. In order to reduce our file size for all the Updates since release, you'll be downloading all our Updates again as one larger Update with Rise of the Horde - but the end result will be a much smaller overall game size than before. 

For those of you up to date on Update downloads, the Update will be the following size: 

Xbox One: 24.5GB 
Windows 10: 29GB 

Following installation of this Update, the overall size of Gears of War 4 will be: 

Xbox One: 78.5GB 
Windows 10: 103GB 

Thanks for your patience with this one-time larger download - you'll be playing Rise of the Horde in no time! 

The Coalition
Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
still no update😢
Do we know at what time the update will be available thanks and have a great day
Great development, really appreciated :) 

Update usually drops at 7 PM CET, so 40 minutes from now.
Why are we slowly grinding credits on past games' maps to unlock RNG packs for a chance of past games' characters?  

Homage to Delta Squad trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i845BlQxeTk  
Nice & i am gonna assume the emerald skins will be going out this week as well.?
Overall, this is great news. 
...I just hope I actually get to play tonight, as this DL is gonna take FOREVER :/
Twitter: @BChapy  
YouTube: GowTacCom  
Creator of the Team TAC-COM  
VT Aerospace Engineering VT  
Ex Community Reaper ------ #ChapsRadio ------ #DatSheffy
Holy crap, depending on your download speed, this may take up a lot of time.
Nice & i am gonna assume the emerald skins will be going out this week as well.?
They said 2 weeks. And they are giving Sunday's skins to the viewers list because of the website malfunction.
Gnashes, Gnashes we all fall down.
Is update ready now? 5 minutes ago it wasn't
Update should drop within the hour folks
GOW 1250/1250  
GOW 2: \\☆// 1750/1750  
GOW 3: 400 \\☆// 2000/2000  
GOW UE:400 \\☆// 1250/1250  
GOW 4:1075 \\☆// 1330/1500  
COG: B.S Tai Kaliso  
LOCUST: B.S savage Kantus  
My first Gears of war 4 montage  
Don't act like children act like adults  
@Sadistey twitter
Is update ready now? 5 minutes ago it wasn't
Check again in 35 minutes.
Why are we slowly grinding credits on past games' maps to unlock RNG packs for a chance of past games' characters?  

Homage to Delta Squad trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i845BlQxeTk  
24.5GB?????? noooooooooooooooooooooooo ZZZzzz
When I was little there wasn't youtube tutorials for video games, it was you against the world. That's how you become a true man.  

4 vs 1 XDDD
The updates usually drop at 1pm EST/10am PST/ 12pm CST/ 11am MST.
I would rather hav a game tht flows an works well. Gears can hav all the space it wants on my drive. Its a great game. Not sure what effect compressing data has. Sure they know what they are doing though
What time ???
Very good! Nice to see some more space on my HDD! 

At least for now, until more updates come out...
"THEY ARE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!!!" - Marcus, Gears 2  

SERIOUSLY 4.0 ACHIEVED: 02/07/17  

Gears 4 level: 1047  

Formerly CatchableSteam2  

If you were the Engineer in this match, don't tell me, otherwise you owe me compensation lol.
When is the update being released cuz I checked the calendar and it is definitely June 6?
The Emerald Skins they said will be about 2 weeks after the Las Vegas Open ended. So...probably not...
Anything "Not" Horde related of significance in this update, minus Iron Lung and Avalanche for maps...??? 

Not sure why anyone would pick those two maps to bring back.. Guess something is better than nothing..
Kuroko wrote:
The updates usually drop at 1pm EST/10am PST/ 12pm CST/ 11am MST.
So, in Europe, at 20:00 h CEST, a few more than an hour.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6