New COG Designs?

Just something that popped into my head, are we ever going to see a new variation for the COG Gear Armor among the latest generation? Because JD and Del got new armor, but look here: 

Notice how all the Gears in the background are still wearing the E-Day armor, which is a completely different style of armor compared to JD/Del's.  

Anyone else think it's a little od that we haven't seen a change in the COG Armor yet? I mean we had a change between Gears 1, 2, and 3. But no change yet in 4. 
Thoughts? 

Buster Out!
When Hope Runs Deep, you depend on your Brothers to the End, you Trust your Guts, and you Never Fight Alone.  
I'm writing a Book Series! Website Hub Here! Please let me know if you find any problems on Here/Xbox! Very much appreciated!
Seems more like it was a design choice as a reminder for the Locust War as it was the 25th anniversary since its ending that Jinn was doing her speech for so I'd imagine that it would be deemed fitting for the soldiers to wear the armor they had during the war. Or it was a simplistic approach by TC as the Gears were literally featured in the present timeline in only that cutscene so far. 

Or they're just using the old armor as these are likely older soldiers like Marcus(who still seems to use the Locust War era armor) and the COG only manufactured the newer armor for the new generation. Which, by contrast to the Skull omen standing for death(?), is now a Phoenix, which is known to rise from the ashes of itself. Most likely symbolism for the COG practically resurrecting itself from what was left of it after the Locust War ended. Though it's just a shadow of its former self now.
Kait as main character for Gears 5/6  

Kait´s change should be shown through less extreme ways that are more reflective of her personality instead of swearing and talking rubbish all over the place, it´s not the right direction to take with her character.
Seems more like it was a design choice as a reminder for the Locust War as it was the 25th anniversary since its ending that Jinn was doing her speech for so I'd imagine that it would be deemed fitting for the soldiers to wear the armor they had during the war. Or it was a simplistic approach by TC as the Gears were literally featured in the present timeline in only that cutscene so far.  

Or they're just using the old armor as these are likely older soldiers like Marcus(who still seems to use the Locust War era armor) and the COG only manufactured the newer armor for the new generation. Which, by contrast to the Skull omen standing for death(?), is now a Phoenix, which is known to rise from the ashes of itself. Most likely symbolism for the COG practically resurrecting itself from what was left of it after the Locust War ended. Though it's just a shadow of its former self now.
I can get that there's old soldiers there, but it seems like the old soldiers would be in the crowd, or the ones sitting down behind Jinn. And I guess a 25th anniversary makes sense. 

But I still do wonder if the COG have produced more armor for the shinies, or was it just somehow JD/Del? I know we have DB's but it would make sense that Humans are still deployed in certain areas that take more work than an AI could do (As the DB's are still very basic, from a robotics perspective).
When Hope Runs Deep, you depend on your Brothers to the End, you Trust your Guts, and you Never Fight Alone.  
I'm writing a Book Series! Website Hub Here! Please let me know if you find any problems on Here/Xbox! Very much appreciated!
Those are the few remaining veterans who remained in active service. They're wearing their historical armor and uniforms for the anniversary. Everyone seated around them is a discharged veteran in dress uniforms.
<span><span>RIP old Gears of War forums. You will be missed. (link)</span></span>  
Swarm Drones could be called "scabs" instead of "grubs."  

If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know.  
I do really hope we see new helmet wearing gears they were always my favourite fictional soldier design. I hope there not all helmetless
Something I just remembered. There was actually a hint at Gears using the new armor. You only caught a glimpse of it on the arm of the COG soldier who'd been in that pod for some time(the cutscene after one of you gets covered in that substance by the open pod), defied by the dark blue/black color and Phoenix omen(if it can be called that).

Kait´s change should be shown through less extreme ways that are more reflective of her personality instead of swearing and talking rubbish all over the place, it´s not the right direction to take with her character.
Something I just remembered. There was actually a hint at Gears using the new armor. You only caught a glimpse of it on the arm of the COG soldier who'd been in that pod for some time(the cutscene after one of you gets covered in that substance by the open pod), defied by the dark blue/black color and Phoenix omen(if it can be called that).
Was that armor? It looked more like the arm of someone like E-Day Anya to me.
Looks like an arm with armor to me. 

Looks like an arm with armor to me.  
Yeah, when I first saw it, it looked just like the arm of E-Day Anya, just with the Pheonix Omen. So maybe its the new armor, but it might just be someone else from the COG.
Could be some sort of special operations forces doing stuff outside of COG territory outfitted with full body armor like the Onyx Guards. Or, speaking of Onyx Guards, if they still exist, it could the new armor designed for them. 

Judging by the size of the arm I'd say it could've been a woman trapped in that pod. Or a small man(compared to JD/Del/Marcus).

Could be some sort of special operations forces doing stuff outside of COG territory outfitted with full body armor like the Onyx Guards. Or, speaking of Onyx Guards, if they still exist, it could the new armor designed for them.  

Judging by the size of the arm I'd say it could've been a woman trapped in that pod. Or a small man(compared to JD/Del/Marcus).
Yeah, that's why I thought it was someone like Anya (Not Anya of course, but someone with a similar job).
Just something that popped into my head, are we ever going to see a new variation for the COG Gear Armor among the latest generation? Because JD and Del got new armor, but look here:  

Notice how all the Gears in the background are still wearing the E-Day armor, which is a completely different style of armor compared to JD/Del's.  

Anyone else think it's a little od that we haven't seen a change in the COG Armor yet? I mean we had a change between Gears 1, 2, and 3. But no change yet in 4.  
Thoughts?  

Buster Out!
I think the reason Gears still wear the good old blue armour with black tactical uniform is because simply there was no reason to replace a effective armour set that has been used since the Pendulum Wars and was fairly effective even into the Locust War as was all of the Military Equipment (with the exception of the Lancer) which was never changed because the COG were world leaders in Military tech after years of research to gain any advantage over the UIR, also after the Lambent and Locusts got killed by Adam Fenix's machine there was almost nobody left to fight besides some rogue stranded who could easily be avoided so the remnants of the COG focused more or rebuilding civilisation rather than fighting because there was simply nothing to fight over so focus was put into other efforts like finding survivors and constructing new cities and other useful technology not directly related to Military purposes, you mentioned how advanced JD and Del's Armour is, it could easily be assumed that they were ether Special Forces or in a advanced Infantry unit and had custom Armour in a similar fashion how to Delta Squad and how everybody (with the exception of Benjamin and Anthony Carmine, Kim and Baird) had unique custom or rare armour that was silver in colour just like JD and Del have which probably isn't a coincidence, outside the in universe explanation as far as the Coalition's design choice is concerned I guess that the updated graphics of the Helmeted Gears a with the extra details alone are enough to make them look more "futuristic" so I can imagine that if we encounter any Helmeted Gears in future games they would be using a model very similar to how they appeared in Gears of War 4 and Gears of War Ultimate Edition, also there was no real changes between the overall designs seen in Gears 1 and 2 just that new Helmet variants were added as the whole lore of Sera was expanded such as parts of the hollow that was never previously mentioned, new locusts and weapons , the only design "change" was in Gears 3 where they looked more like post apocalyptic bodybuilders who had bulkier armour and even then the Classic Gears still appeared in some parts of the Game (as dead bodies, operating the King Raven turrets in Azura and in the Final Cutscene as survivors), the Helmeted Gears in RAAM's Shadows had the same model with a updated texture that gave them a more realistic looking Armour and Clothing , and in Gears 4 you may notice that the Female Gears have a very different helmet to what the men wear and you probably recall the Medics in the "V -Day" flashback who wore white armour and looked almost like Stormtroopers so design changes are made but the reason there was no drastic changes is probably because even though Gears 4 is set decades later they look "futuristic" enough and the designers don't want them to look ridiculously sci fi like how the Marines in Halo which disappointed many fans because they liked how they looked like realistic sci fi soldiers until Halo 4 when they looked more like some sort of "space rangers" from rejected Star Wars/Mass Effect concept art, clearly though many would disagree but I think that TC doesn't want to make that mistake as the Gears are the Gears of War equivalent of Marines and fans would get upset if they looked too much look space ranger robocops just like how they "played it safe" in every other regard like keeping the gameplay the same with the exception of the knife ability and keeping most of the original cast alive and making the new hero JD as plain as possible just in case fans didn't like whatever colourful personality they had intended, Cliffy B even stated that he thinks Gears 4 is "The Force Awakens" of Gears of War in the sense that very little has changed to avoid upsetting the fans over any possible changes, radical design change resulted in disaster for Halo that lost countless fans so there is no reason that risk should be made with our beloved Gears of War.

Yeah, that's why I thought it was someone like Anya (Not Anya of course, but someone with a similar job).

Just played through campaign with my newbie friend this morning, and when we got to that cuyscene, yea...I think I noticed a little bit of armored plating over the shoulder of the COG arm...so you may be correct. 
I think the reason Gears still wear the good old blue armour with black tactical uniform is because simply there was no reason to replace a effective armour set that has been used since the Pendulum Wars and was fairly effective even into the Locust War as was all of the Military Equipment (with the exception of the Lancer) which was never changed because the COG were world leaders in Military tech after years of research to gain any advantage over the UIR, also after the Lambent and Locusts got killed by Adam Fenix's machine there was almost nobody left to fight besides some rogue stranded who could easily be avoided so the remnants of the COG focused more or rebuilding civilisation rather than fighting because there was simply nothing to fight over so focus was put into other efforts like finding survivors and constructing new cities and other useful technology not directly related to Military purposes, you mentioned how advanced JD and Del's Armour is, it could easily be assumed that they were ether Special Forces or in a advanced Infantry unit and had custom Armour in a similar fashion how to Delta Squad and how everybody (with the exception of Benjamin and Anthony Carmine, Kim and Baird) had unique custom or rare armour that was silver in colour just like JD and Del have which probably isn't a coincidence, outside the in universe explanation as far as the Coalition's design choice is concerned I guess that the updated graphics of the Helmeted Gears a with the extra details alone are enough to make them look more "futuristic" so I can imagine that if we encounter any Helmeted Gears in future games they would be using a model very similar to how they appeared in Gears of War 4 and Gears of War Ultimate Edition, also there was no real changes between the overall designs seen in Gears 1 and 2 just that new Helmet variants were added as the whole lore of Sera was expanded such as parts of the hollow that was never previously mentioned, new locusts and weapons , the only design "change" was in Gears 3 where they looked more like post apocalyptic bodybuilders who had bulkier armour and even then the Classic Gears still appeared in some parts of the Game (as dead bodies, operating the King Raven turrets in Azura and in the Final Cutscene as survivors), the Helmeted Gears in RAAM's Shadows had the same model with a updated texture that gave them a more realistic looking Armour and Clothing , and in Gears 4 you may notice that the Female Gears have a very different helmet to what the men wear and you probably recall the Medics in the "V -Day" flashback who wore white armour and looked almost like Stormtroopers so design changes are made but the reason there was no drastic changes is probably because even though Gears 4 is set decades later they look "futuristic" enough and the designers don't want them to look ridiculously sci fi like how the Marines in Halo which disappointed many fans because they liked how they looked like realistic sci fi soldiers until Halo 4 when they looked more like some sort of "space rangers" from rejected Star Wars/Mass Effect concept art, clearly though many would disagree but I think that TC doesn't want to make that mistake as the Gears are the Gears of War equivalent of Marines and fans would get upset if they looked too much look space ranger robocops just like how they "played it safe" in every other regard like keeping the gameplay the same with the exception of the knife ability and keeping most of the original cast alive and making the new hero JD as plain as possible just in case fans didn't like whatever colourful personality they had intended, Cliffy B even stated that he thinks Gears 4 is "The Force Awakens" of Gears of War in the sense that very little has changed to avoid upsetting the fans over any possible changes, radical design change resulted in disaster for Halo that lost countless fans so there is no reason that risk should be made with our beloved Gears of War.
I agree with you for the most part, makes sense that they don't want to change much..but to be fair, I'd love to finally see a new type of Gear, unlike the one's we've had for 6-11 Years.

Just played through campaign with my newbie friend this morning, and when we got to that cuyscene, yea...I think I noticed a little bit of armored plating over the shoulder of the COG arm...so you may be correct.  

I agree with you for the most part, makes sense that they don't want to change much..but to be fair, I'd love to finally see a new type of Gear, unlike the one's we've had for 6-11 Years.
there would be new Gear Armour Variants for sure but they would always look the same in the basic design, in Gears 4 we got the Female Helmeted Gears and Gear Medics which in my opinion could be a big step forward and would be cool allies to fight with but we never got much of them because Gears 4 was a Outsiders story not a COG one.
  1. 1