New Gears of War Comics Coming In 2018!

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

We’re incredibly excited to announce a new series of Gears of War Comics is on the way in 2018! 

This first partnership in the new era of Gears of War Expanded Universe content teams Gears of War with IDW Publishing and writer Kurtis Wiebe (Rat Queens) to tell new stories inspired by the game series. 

The full article can be found here: https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/news/sdcc17-gearscomics
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Nice. Hopefully this time I can get them as they come out instead of trying to hunt them all down
As a big comic book guy - this has got me pumped. I figured there would be some sort of expanded universe stuff coming in 2018. Especially since the first novel Aspho Fields and first issue of the DC/Wildstorm comic both debuted a few months before the second game in 2008. I'm curious to see what type of story they tell and if they introduce any new characters that might appear in Gears of War 5. 

I would assume there will be new novels that come out that fill in the 25 year gap. At least that's what I'm hoping, but I'll take another comic series.
Nice. Hopefully this time I can get them as they come out instead of trying to hunt them all down
Or just get the hardcover once they are all out. Like I did! 

Very excited
I was MiniPistolTroika back in the original forums.  

Gears cake  
Digger montage  
TC shared my sniper clip  
JD COSPLAY
Me parese muy bien.
As long as Kait doesn't look like her mouth is full of lipstick in the comics themselves. Ugh. She doesn't even have any in the game itself. Which I prefer. 
Small edit : Let me be clear on this. Kait doesn't appear to be using any lipstick. Yet the thumbnail(I get it is for promotional art) shows her as if she covered her lips with it. Why do humans have such an obsession with women using lipstick just to try to look better(when it doesn't)? Especially when they're from a different planet and shown before without. Plus, I think she looks better without. And her armor looks awfully bulged out around her chest, if you get what I mean.
Kait as main character for Gears 5/6  

What the heck? Later that same match...yes, that was an Inconceivable Carrier on double health that I didn't hit before as Scout.  

There's no guarantee that Kait will lead the Swarm.
TC Octus wrote:
We’re incredibly excited to announce a new series of Gears of War Comics is on the way in 2018!  

PLEASE don´t get me wrong, I think this is amazing news for so many fans around the world but are these Comics coming out in English only again?
Good news for those who still care about the story.
Gears of War: Dom & Maria - Always In My Head <-------(WATCH)  
Favorite Character: Dominic Santiago  
Obsessed with Gears of War since 2007
Interested to see what Kurtis Wiebe does with the material. I greatly enjoyed Rat Queens.
NICE beatiful

This post has been hidden.

#bringELVISback

This post has been hidden.

#bringELVISback

As long as Kait doesn't look like her mouth is full of lipstick in the comics themselves. Ugh. She doesn't even have any in the game itself. Which I prefer.  
Small edit : Let me be clear on this. Kait doesn't appear to be using any lipstick. Yet the thumbnail(I get it is for promotional art) shows her as if she covered her lips with it. Why do humans have such an obsession with women using lipstick just to try to look better(when it doesn't)? Especially when they're from a different planet and shown before without. Plus, I think she looks better without. And her armor looks awfully bulged out around her chest, if you get what I mean.

riggght like any trailer trash that just woke up would have on red lipstick, stockings, too short skirt, high heels  
and body armor right...  
i mean, were the get those idea's from?  
its ridiculouss
pls dont use rainbow stockings!
#bringELVISback
I think it might just be the stylised art form used for the promo image, Marcus and JD's chests look super oversized and 'puffy' to and the shadows and scars on their face's are pretty highlighted.  

But hopefully they'll use a more standard art style for the comics themselves and if they do lets hope they don't pointlessly sexualise any one. The lack of any of that happening in GOW is part of why I love it so much :)
HighStump wrote:

I think it might just be the stylised art form used for the promo image, Marcus and JD's chests look super oversized and 'puffy' to and the shadows and scars on their face's are pretty highlighted.  

But hopefully they'll use a more standard art style for the comics themselves and if they do lets hope they don't pointlessly sexualise any one. The lack of any of that happening in GOW is part of why I love it so much :)
I hope so too. And I did mention that Kait's armor looks a bit bulged out. Her thighs also look completely disproportionate to the lower part of her legs. They are either too big or the lower part is too small.

What the heck? Later that same match...yes, that was an Inconceivable Carrier on double health that I didn't hit before as Scout.  

HighStump wrote:

This.
Excellent news! IDW publishes most of my favorite comics, and "Rat Queens" is a fantastic series with equal amounts of crazy, badassery, and humor. I'm looking forward to how Kurtis Wiebe writes for Gears, and especially how he approaches the Swarm/Scions. 

Equally important, I hope the art for the comics is lit half as well as that promotional art. But no more than half. That would be too much work. 

Much hype! 

HighStump wrote:

I hope so too. And I did mention that Kait's armor looks a bit bulged out. Her thighs also look completely disproportionate to the lower part of her legs. They are either too big or the lower part is too small.

She's just leaning back in the art and leaning forward most of the time in-game. Though she is wearing lipstick in the promotional art, and while they constructed her thighs properly (that is how thick they are in-game, she's a muscular woman) they made her boots and her calves disproportionately thin. Too much simplification of the boots, they look like they belong on a catwalk instead of being mountain hiking boots. And as a final critique, Kait is too short. She should be JD's height as she is in-game. As I said before, she's a muscular woman. And six feet tall is not uncommon in females, so making her five foot seven makes no sense. 

I'd still like to extend kudos to the artist of that promotional art, as they got everything else right or close-enough in what looks like a minimal amount of time. Even though they removed the rear sights from the Lancers, and didn't properly align part of the Gnasher's barrels, this is stellar promo art. The artist is clearly highly skilled and educated, because they've distinguished the forms, found details to expose that aren't as obvious on the character models, and rendered the lighting perfectly. They even made Kait's arms look more defined than they do in-game.  

Kait should really have bigger hands and calves with mountaineering boots, though. She's a badass with serious muscles under healthy levels of fat. The pretty face does not make her a fashion model. 

Pictured: a real-life person with Kait's proportions, flexing. 

Compare and contrast with: 

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/731/547/large/heber-alvarado-armored-kait-body.jpg?1476902262
<span><span>RIP old Gears of War forums. You will be missed. (link)</span></span>  
Swarm Drones could be called "scabs" instead of "grubs."  

If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know.  
Well, I did compare this(the promotional art) to her in-game model. If anything, it's just that her thighs look too big as her...how did you call them, calves? are really thin compared to them. Just let me add something. Kait is nearly the same height as JD, not quite, but almost. Might just be me though. And don't make her hands too big. They aren't man-hands after all, but they shouldn't be the same width as her arms, as hands do tend to be a little bigger than them due to the thumbs. 
That said, I play with Kait a lot(this might sound wrong, but I don't mean it that way) and she's definitely not your "ordinary" women. Although, what do you expect if you have to survive in the wilderness of Sera? I see more muscle than fat though. There doesn't seem to be a lot of the latter. She still got a thin body though, looking at her Outsider model here. I just wonder why so many Gears players dislike her. Don't really see their problem with Kait. 

What can you tell me on Kurtis Wiebe maybe? Never read any works from him/her(have a hard time telling whether it's a man or a woman by the name). 
Oh, by the way, I found a little detail high up on the left side of Kait's face. She's got a little bruise/scar up left right where her hair starts to go off to the right. Might be something that may have been missed. At least I don't seem to see it on here. Oh well, can't be perfect. 
Plus, I never said anything is wrong with Kait's pretty face! I just don't get the lipstick. Doesn't seem right to me, especially when she is nowhere seen with any on. And I do think she looks better without it. Her expression does seem a little...off. Like she's bored or something. 
Edit : Nevermind the last part about her face, misunderstood what you meant. After looking at the image in more detail I did notice that the scar on the left cheek of Kait's face(seen on your right) is missing(or I don't see it), but that detail seems kinda hard to miss to me.

Stoic Slab wrote:

HighStump wrote:

This.
Don't tell me Gears isn't sexy!!! 

< GoW: 40/57 >< GoW2: 79/79 >< GoW3: 82/82 >< GoWJ: 70/70 >< GoWUE: 56/56 >< GoW4: 113/113 >
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2