What do you think of this(my) view on Kait?

Foreword(s)  
22/12 : Edited some minor parts about Kait not being as ´receptive´ to gore than other characters. 
Mind you, I tried to look at this as objectively as I only could, but I do not guarantee full objectivity simply because I most likely cannot do so. 

Anybody who is interested can get involved in this thread. Start your own discussions if you want, I won´t mind. I said my stuff.  
However, I won´t acknowledge trolls, and posts that are not contributive and/or non constructive. It´s supposed to be a friendly discussion after all. 

Before anyone wants to call me out for ´fanboying over Kait´, don´t because this is just me putting down my view on her and asking you for what you think of it and whether it´s the right way to go with her according to you.  

There are aspects I´ll go into detail with more(probably all of them, knowing me).  

So, here´s what I think how TC should go with her character :  

Kait should be a non-militaristic(as far as that´s possible in a war), somewhat cynical person who despises/dislikes the fighting and the war in general and shows this through her actions and how she talks about it(but don´t go overboard with these two aspect or you´ll just make her annoying, which is to be avoided),(edit starts here), is put off more/less resilient towards gore, is somewhat subtle, calm and even a little bit child-like but livens up during certain actions on the battlefield(using a Dropshot/Buzzkill or getting headshots mostly seem to be the case for this) and doesn´t swear or trash talk as much and as expressively and overall doesn´t talk as much as other characters do. 
If I had to be entirely honest, right now she feels more like a hybrid between Marcus, JD and Kait instead of just Kait and a little generic too(I did just say that, yes). Personally, I attribute this to simply trying to go the path you´d have gone with every other Gears character. 

What I will elaborate on : (if you´re not interested in this part I looked at ways of hiding it, the spoiler tags seemed quite handy) 

Spoiler:
Show
This may be a little off topic but I also feel Versus dialogue should be separated from Horde, which, if the characters are in the campaign, should use the campaign dialogue. Reason why is because I kinda feel like excessive trash talk and overly excessive swearing fits more into Versus and not so much into Horde and campaign, whereI feel characters should be depicted more like they are instead of feeling like 75% of their lines are general trash talk and swearing.  

Anyway, that´s it. I hope this whole textwall isn´t too much to read. I tried to space it out as I could(if necessary for viewer´s pleasure I can separate the whole thing into two posts, this mess takes up two whole pages on Word).
This profile is inactive. More details in this on the bio.
What I think about your view on Kait? 
They're awfully similar. 

Since she was an Outsider, of course it would make sense to not have too much experience or enough from fighting a war. Although was trained by her uncle, Oscar. You know how Tai took revenge upon the UIR soldiers who took nearly everything he had, then later joined as a Gear for the COG. Well, the same thing occurred with Garron Paduk who was supposedly a UIR, having joined COG in Judgment. The point is, I think she will become more militarised unfortunately in the next Gears game, because the entire Outsider Village got wiped out except Oscar. So she has nearly nothing to cling onto where she came from, and would likely join up and be integrated into the new COG. So if she had a dislike for war, which in general everyone would. Then they might as well be a Private rank, since being not very experienced. While Marcus was probably a Lieutenant, and Hoffman being Colonel. I think she's gonna toughen up while the softer side might as well fade away, wanting to avenge her mother and everyone else she lost. So that might mean more violence and language. 

That's all I have for now.
"I know. You need time."
The point is, I think she will become more militarised unfortunately in the next Gears game, because the entire Outsider Village got wiped out except Oscar. So she has nearly nothing to cling onto where she came from, and would likely join up and be integrated into the new COG.
I don´t think she will join the COG though. There is more than one Outsider village-Kait may be tempted to join another group of them, instead of joining the COG, considering she grew up getting told(and seeing) that the COG isn´t good. I feel she may stick with the Outsiders(possibly due to Oscar) while JD and Del go to the COG. 

And I´m kinda opposed to making her more militarized, it´s something that makes her stand out and would be a different perspective to the whole soldier type of character we almost always had in Gears, which I find is a welcome and interesting change. 

While I agree that the softer side of her might fade away, I hope it doesn´t go away completely because right now, it´s one of the few things that makes her stand out compared to the other characters and I feel that taking it away completely wouldn´t really be a good thing to do. Like I said, I won´t mind if she changes some towards swearing and trash talking but if you go too far with it, it´s not going to work as well as it does with other characters. As for talking more, it´s a bit of the same thing. She doesn´t appear to be particularly talkative, and I don´t see why every character needs to never stop talking. I see no problem with having one or two characters who don´t constantly talk(Kait being one of them), some may even prefer that. I certainly do.
I think I pretty much agree, they definitely need to build on her character more. I think she would be a bit militarised as I imagine that she would have had training off friends and family during her lifetime to keep her safe and the culture of Sera is very militaristic anyway due to them being at war for so long. I think they need to make the game longer though to fit more story and character development in. I think it only took me 5-6 hours to beat the campaign on first play through and its simply not long enough to fit enough in. I still think you need the sort of tough macho type (Marcus) and the wise cracking annoying character (baird) to keep things gearsy. But it will be interesting to see what they do with Kaits character, in a way I think they are trying to make her the Dom of these games with her personal tragedies and all. I have a feeling that JD and the gang will band together with the cog in the next game to face a common enemy, or at least have some help from Hoffman and Bernie (if she is still alive).
Give me a pendulum wars trilogy plz.
I think I pretty much agree, they definitely need to build on her character more. I think she would be a bit militarised as I imagine that she would have had training off friends and family during her lifetime to keep her safe and the culture of Sera is very militaristic anyway due to them being at war for so long. I think they need to make the game longer though to fit more story and character development in. I think it only took me 5-6 hours to beat the campaign on first play through and its simply not long enough to fit enough in. I still think you need the sort of tough macho type (Marcus) and the wise cracking annoying character (baird) to keep things gearsy. But it will be interesting to see what they do with Kaits character, in a way I think they are trying to make her the Dom of these games with her personal tragedies and all. I have a feeling that JD and the gang will band together with the cog in the next game to face a common enemy, or at least have some help from Hoffman and Bernie (if she is still alive).
Sera having a more military culture is something I can get behind, but it would seem like the COG still insists more on those values than the Outsiders do, even if they teach their children how to use weapons, their culture seems centered more around keeping peace between their communities through, well, community. Like, if you look at the little newsboard in Reyna´s village you can see one of the hangouts saying ´Unity through Commmunity´, which would indicate they´re trying to step away from the whole militaristic culture as much as is possible, while the COG seems to stick to it more(complete opposite, with their words being ´Unity through Order´).  

Yes to a longer campaign for sure. 

As for JD wanting to join the rest to join the COG, I feel Kait would be the one to be opposed to the idea and want to stay with the Outsiders. She would just be at a conflict with the COG troops and not want to be there.  

Besides, I´d rather see some kind of alliance formed between the two with a separate storyline for JD and Del with the COG and Kait with the Outsiders. I don´t know how you feel but I always see COG here, COG there. Why can´t it be different for once in a while?  

Plus, I see JDs relation with the COG as a source of conflict between him and Kait rather than something she supports which may divide them. 

Oh, btw, I didn´t say Kait wasn´t militaristic at all, just not nearly as much as the other characters which is something that definitely makes her stand out and I think is one of the traits of her that should be preserved. I always keep seeing the talk of Gears being about soldiers and war, but that just gets boring if all the characters always follow the same style and there are no exceptions. And why does it always have to be war?
Minor update : put something into original post that I forgot earlier.
I honestly do not think I have come across any other person on a game forum (other forum) so totally obsessed, possibly unhealthy about a game character! 

Are you not a little concerned 're your obsession.  

This is not a hostile post, hopefully you know my post history, so know I'm not that type of formite/person but I am concerned/interested in your, sorry again, obsession.
LOCUSTS FOREVER  
RIP to Chris Cornell 18/05/17. Tom Petty 02/10/17. Sadly and devastatingly missed.
Duffman GB wrote:
I honestly do not think I have come across any other person on a game forum (other forum) so totally obsessed, possibly unhealthy about a game character!  

Are you not a little concerned 're your obsession.  

This is not a hostile post, hopefully you know my post history, so know I'm not that type of formite/person but I am concerned/interested in your, sorry again, obsession.
This is the wrong place to discuss this matter. Feel free to continue the discussion with private messages. I sent one to you.
Lmao rather see literally any other character develop.
Before there was nothing, there were monsters.
Lmao rather see literally any other character develop.
God knows JD could use some major development. Absolute generic beast, down to the khaki pants. 

Anyway, on topic, personally I don't know if I want to see Kait go the way of being less militaristic. I know she was raised as an outsider and views the COG as oppressive, but I think a cool flip would be for her to be the opposite of that. With her having seen what the Swarm did to her mother, I'd prefer her to join up with the COG and become as gung-ho about defending humanity as possible. She should actively want to get rid of the Swarm from a personal aspect as well as a professional one. 

It would be a cliché but imagine Kait is the Outsider who embraces rule and law and becomes a Gear. Meanwhile, even though JD would re-up with the COG in Gears 5, he's the son of a COG hero who decided to go AWOL and joined up with people who opposed the COG. It would be a nice flip of personalities and walks of life.
LA-LI-LU-LE-LO
  1. 1