Observation of MLG Mexico event.

The players don't shake hands, why? 

The players scream at the opposite team and in some cases are playing matches with audience almost standing on top of the players and they can in some instance hear the opposite team since they are so close. 

Feels amateurish compared to other competitive games and tournaments and the whole suit and tie thing for an OPEN felt very out of place, take some notes from CS and Dota where opens are a little more relaxed, suit and tie for an open feels forced. 

Ads, Microsoft advertising for xbox, games, game pass, xbox live and such feels like the whole event was a marketing tool rather than a tournament, you would never see a CS advertisement at a Valve event for instance. 

Production was very smooth, intros were good, though a little cheesy but that's just me. 

PS: They really should have some rules for the players so they don't scream at each other, it makes them seem very young and immature, if they want Gears to be acknowledged they can't let people behave like that, it cheapens the tournament and makes it seem like there is a bunch of kids playing, but I guess that is MLG and nothing will change, sadly.
The players don't shake hands, why?  

The players scream at the opposite team and in some cases are playing matches with audience almost standing on top of the players and they can in some instance hear the opposite team since they are so close.  

Feels amateurish compared to other competitive games and tournaments and the whole suit and tie thing for an OPEN felt very out of place, take some notes from CS and Dota where opens are a little more relaxed, suit and tie for an open feels forced.  

Ads, Microsoft advertising for xbox, games, game pass, xbox live and such feels like the whole event was a marketing tool rather than a tournament, you would never see a CS advertisement at a Valve event for instance.  

Production was very smooth, intros were good, though a little cheesy but that's just me.  

PS: They really should have some rules for the players so they don't scream at each other, it makes them seem very young and immature, if they want Gears to be acknowledged they can't let people behave like that, it cheapens the tournament and makes it seem like there is a bunch of kids playing, but I guess that is MLG and nothing will change, sadly.
i second the p.s. people who act this way shouldn't be looked up to in any way at all, seeing this actually makes me lose respect for the franchise, the ***** talk is unbelievable, and i'll be the one getting censored
the optic gaming is the best players
Toxicity is super prevalent in the Gears community. I don’t mind friendly sh*t talking, but there’s a difference between that and actually being toxic. I’ll admit I’ve been pretty toxic online before after it being instigated, but pro players should never act like that.
Before there was nothing, there were monsters.  

Stop asking for Cliffy B to come back. He made Lawbreakers ffs.
Most of the time they do shake hands. Two at the start and then the winners go over to the losers despite how vocally / socially competitive the matches often are.  

On that point, this is the Gears style. I believe it boils down to the fact that the circuit player pool is mainly composed of a "small knit community" who have dedicated a lot of their life to the Gears franchise and have built rivalries that span back a long time.  

In addition the game play it-self is extremely intensive and mostly close-range and "personal". To me it's a hybrid of a shooter and a fighter game. 

The proximity of players in the side matches does seem like it could be improved a bit.  

The intros are cheesy but they're all nerds playing a video game - what do you want from them lol. 
As for caster apparel, there is a mix of smart casual and smart. I think smart casual is a better look and fit but there's no harm in variety either!  

Greater acknowledgement of an eSport I guess primarily comes from the player base of that game and game-modes.  
Escalation is not exactly thriving online atm - definitely not in EU!  

Speaking of which - Looking for Silver - Onyx players to play Esc in UK / EU. Must have mic!  

Melvanized
  1. 1