Any tips for Gears UE Insane solo campaign?+ a few questions

I literally just come from finishing Gears UE on Hardcore solo(by literally I mean I just blew RAAM to hell with a frag and then jumped on here for some advice), so before I jumped into Insane I wanted to know a few tips and if my current strategies would work for a Insane solo run as well. 
I did have to hang back a little on Hardcore here, which is really not easy at all die to the complete lack of DBNO when playing solo(well, I did get down once but that was at the train station in Act 5 when I was too close to an opening grub hole but I didn't die to it), and stuck to my Lancer&Longshot combo for the most part with some use of the Boltok when a helmeted Locust survived a headshot. So I was wondering whether I should stick to that as well or if I should change the Longshot for a Boomshot or Hammerburst. I did sometimes use a Torque Bow but that was when I knew it was safe to take it and I could retrieve my sniper at the same spot. Or when it came to killing RAAM. Was surprisingly easy, though I did die a few times before I managed to kill him because he got stuck due to Dom running into him and getting stuck because he tried going forward but it didn't work as Dom was downed and blocked the path. At least for once he was some kind of use. 

Also, for anyone who's played through Insane, how many Longshot headshots do Therons sponge now? Three was already bad enough, they took almost as much fire as a Boomer(same number of headshots in fact, except that Therons would die to a few Lancer shots after two headshots). 
And do snipers kill you with one shot? What about Boltoks? 
Any advice or tips are appreciated. Do I need to be even more careful?
Kait as main character for Gears 5/6, not JD.  

What´s better than a long range dropshot headshot? Unintentional long range Boomshot headshot.  

Kait's walking animation in Campaign should be in Vs and Horde for her.
Don't know exact numbers, I'm working on Insane Campaign myself, my only strategy (My strategy for all games) I just make sure to stick back, and stay with long ranged, and a Boltok/Chainsaw for up-close. Just watch the Wretches, two-hit kill. Others like Grenadiers, Snipers, and Therons, like always.
I literally just come from finishing Gears UE on Hardcore solo(by literally I mean I just blew RAAM to hell with a frag and then jumped on here for some advice), so before I jumped into Insane I wanted to know a few tips and if my current strategies would work for a Insane solo run as well.  
I did have to hang back a little on Hardcore here, which is really not easy at all die to the complete lack of DBNO when playing solo(well, I did get down once but that was at the train station in Act 5 when I was too close to an opening grub hole but I didn't die to it), and stuck to my Lancer&Longshot combo for the most part with some use of the Boltok when a helmeted Locust survived a headshot. So I was wondering whether I should stick to that as well or if I should change the Longshot for a Boomshot or Hammerburst. I did sometimes use a Torque Bow but that was when I knew it was safe to take it and I could retrieve my sniper at the same spot. Or when it came to killing RAAM. Was surprisingly easy, though I did die a few times before I managed to kill him because he got stuck due to Dom running into him and getting stuck because he tried going forward but it didn't work as Dom was downed and blocked the path. At least for once he was some kind of use.  

Also, for anyone who's played through Insane, how many Longshot headshots do Therons sponge now? Three was already bad enough, they took almost as much fire as a Boomer(same number of headshots in fact, except that Therons would die to a few Lancer shots after two headshots).  
And do snipers kill you with one shot? What about Boltoks?  
Any advice or tips are appreciated. Do I need to be even more careful?
seeing as I've had experience with my big bro I suggest playing as a 2 man and I also suggest that if you have someone that's good with certain weapons like for example my bro was great with the Longshot so he could just sit back and pick off the enemies that dare show their head and then theirs me really talented with GOW UE torque bow if you want I can help. And also you don't get insta killed just downed but be aware of act 5 is a real pain.
the golden rule: take cover or die
The grenadeirs and theron with lancers are your biggest threat, I'd recommend the hammerburst over either the lancer or long shot, because the hammerburst is more accurate and does more damage I believe.
My GOW horde club - Gears of war 2 3 Horde  

Gears player since 09  

Favorite character - Grenadeir Elite/Cyclops  

Chop Suey!
Thanks for the advice so far, but I really want to try doing it solo(you know, for the added challenge), if it's possible. That's why I wanted to know whether snipers are one shot kills like they are in Gears 4 Insane. Prefer holding onto my lancer though because of the chainsaw making it's use against Locust in close quarters and because of the high rate of fire with decent accuracy and ammo capacity(like to use it for grenadiers and targets that have survived a headshot). 
Hardcore was already difficult enough in some places, especially the Reavers when you're on top of the train and the Brumak, or various Troika encounters. 
Can I still kill regular wretches with a single melee even if I'm holding a pistol? That was quite useful when it came to killing multiple of them in close quarters.

What´s better than a long range dropshot headshot? Unintentional long range Boomshot headshot.  

I've beaten Gears UE insane on PC and Xbox alone its not that hard The only two parts I found annoying would have to be the theater of horrors and the underground chapter with the Theron guards. Just try to make sure you have a sniper or a torque bow most of the time if you can aim it makes it so much easier and never get cocky when you see that red skull pop up just wait I've died a few times due to thinking I can finish a guy real quick or get a quick kill with the sniper or bow. oh and when you get to the car part try to learn when the kryll spawn so you can just tap the spawn and back up giving you more time to kill them all.
Well, I started a bit less than an hour ago and made it halfway through Act 1. I did encounter an odd glitch... 
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Kait%20Diaz%201/video/35079550 
Nobody died, Cole just got revived as the last grub died and when I entered the area apparently I failed the objective. Oh well.

Well, I started a bit less than an hour ago and made it halfway through Act 1. I did encounter an odd glitch...  
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Kait%20Diaz%201/video/35079550  
Nobody died, Cole just got revived as the last grub died and when I entered the area apparently I failed the objective. Oh well.
I had this happen to me in gears of war 2 lol Cole was downed by a mauler and was picked up when we killed it and the cut scene started and got a mission failed.
I can say I've made progress, got to Act 5 today. But now I'm stuck at the first Locust encounter, and regardless of what I do and where I stay I can't seem to get past it. Any ideas? I tried taking cover behind the APC after I didn't manage to survive in the tower(killed by a grenadier who, oddly enough, carried a hammerburst instead of a boltok) but that didn't work either.

Just take your time and hang back. I found solo insane on UE surprisingly easier than Gears 1. 

RAAM on insane is a big step up from hardcore. I like the torque, longshot and frags combo best however torque, lancer and frags work too. 

Disperse the kryll with the torque/frags and pound his head with active longshot rounds. Good luck
  1. 1