Gears 4 Audio Issues on Xbox One - Investigation Thread

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hi all - 

We're investigating reports of audio issues occurring for a small subset of users in Gears of War 4 (Xbox One). If you are experiencing issues, please provide us the following information in this thread as it will be invaluable for investigations. 

Platform: 
When did the issues begin: 
Describe the issues: 
What modes do you experience this in? (ie. Versus, Horde, Campaign, all, Versus & Horde etc) 
What maps do you experience this in? 
Does the issue ever resolve? If so, is this after any particular instance? 
What is your audio setup? Please also include if you have multiple outputs (ie. optical out to headphone setup + HDMI to TV) 

Thank you for your help. We'll provide updates as we have them. 

TC
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
NO or very low volume enemy foot steps or sounds coming from enemies. I can hear team mates clothes rubbing together and foot steps perfectly clear. 

xbox one S 

xbox headphones plugged into controller 

hdmi to Samsung soundbar.
I play for Keeps!! ...not really...
Happens mostly with the hammerburst for me. Loud echoing of shots. Quite jarring and painful on the ears. 

Started right after the most recent update.  

I only play versus so it's only there for me. Happens on any map, doesn't matter. I think mostly on enclosed areas.  

It does resolve after a few secs, but might happen again later on in the match.  

I have hdmi 5.1 surround sound speakers as well as normal stereo headset. Happens on both.  

Side note. Enemy footsteps seem to have gotten quieter again, sometimes even completely gone.
After the October update using Dolby Atmos sound through headphones using Optical Output Dolby Atmos under audio output.
Olá família gears. 

Utilizo mídia física. Eu uso apenas headset plugado no controle, modelo Sibéria V3, após a última atualização, passado alguns dias, ao abrir meu jogo, houve áudio até a parte da intro, quando a tela com o JD aparece já não tem mais áudio, chequei tudo e apenas no gears isso acontece. Instalei o jogo novamente apartir da loja Microsoft e mesmo assim o problema persiste.

This post has been hidden.

This post has been hidden.

Xbox One S 

After October Update 

Complete audio dropout. I have only played a few matches of horde on Fuel Depot since the update, but the issue seems to occur when too many sounds are being processed at once. As more enemies spawn, shoot, explode etc. Sometimes the audio will drop out for a second and return. Other times it will completely drop out and I have to toggle power on my receiver.  

Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 setup Pioneer Elite SC-95 receiver HDMI output to TV and input from Xbox to receiver.
I have experienced it in versus mode. It started after the October update. When I shoot my gnasher for example it will echo and start to cut out the volume for a few seconds. It will stop but eventually comes back. I use Astro A40s plugged into my xbox elite controller. Very rarely I will have the audio playing through my Monitor but I have yet to experience it then.
Just purchased Xbox One S 2TB gears of war limited edition.  

No sound at home screen, fails to create game as can not establish a connection to Xbox live.  

Connection is fine, have purchased Xbox live subscription.  

Downloaded gears 4 game and packs.  

Nothing is working. Please help.
I noticed the audio issues of the sounds of Gibbing an enemy or some times the fading sound of shots from guns sounding static like, it started about a week ago. The game mode I noticed it in was TDM, I hear while playing the game but it’s more noticeable while spectating when respawning. The only issues I noticed personally were the sounds of gibbing and some gun shots fade sound sounding static like. Hope this help. Thanks so much for the amazing game.  

Gscruffy
Platform: Xbox one and pc 
When did the issues begin: after update 
Describe the issues: I use the wireless Astros a50 and I sign in and just can't hear anything, I've messed with the audio setting on both my console and pc but nothings changing. I can finally hear people and they can hear me but no game or dashboard audio. 
What modes do you experience this in? (ie. Versus, Horde, Campaign, all, Versus & Horde etc) all 
What maps do you experience this in? All 
Does the issue ever resolve? If so, is this after any particular instance? No 
What is your audio setup? Please also include if you have multiple outputs (ie. optical out to headphone setup + HDMI to TV) astro router optical cord to Xbox one and USB into pc so it works simultaneously. I've tried putting it all on the Xbox but still nothing
I was MiniPistolTroika back in the original forums.  

Gears cake  
Digger montage  
TC shared my sniper clip  
JD COSPLAY
Xbox One 

Versus only, occasionally all sounds cease to exist and fail to be heard so to speak. After dashboarding, and exiting the dashboard, the sounds seem to be heard as normal, but it is annoying to do this in the middle of a round, which I've had to do once or twice. 

I have heard this on multiple maps, I cant remember all off the top of my head, but Foundation and Canals I know I've had this issue on. 

I have Headphones plugged into my JD Fenix LE controller, a Turtle Beach X50, to be precise.
"THEY ARE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!!!" - Marcus, Gears 2  

SERIOUSLY 4.0 ACHIEVED: 02/07/17  

Gears 4 level: 1055  

Formerly CatchableSteam2  

Thanks to xSonoshee for the Rockstar pack!
XBOX ONE & PC 

Enemy footsteps are not always present - even with low to high range audio equipment, they are simply not heard. Your audio mix needs work. You know this, said more was forthcoming, back tracked and now you (as in TC/mods) are deleting threads discussing this issue. That's actually kinda shameful to do that.
Yo si presente problemas, se me cortaba el audio en diferentes ocasiones, por lapsos de segundos, tengo xbox one, no presentaba este problema hasta despues de la actualización de Octubre, fue en el modo versus en diferentes mapas con esactitud: de compras y piedad, en estos ultimos dias ya no me ha pasado, llegue a pensar que era la consola pero con otro juego no pasa asi.
When using skype on the Xbox app. I experience audio issues and frames dropping while playing private matches.
There is a glitch where the mg sentry shooting sound is happening when the sentrys are not even shooting ie between rounds but usually goes away after a round or 2 but then comes back doesn’t matter who’s sentry it is or who placed it or map other people hear it in the game who have multiple different headset and sound setups
For me and my friends that we play horde, there's this distortion sound that always comes from the hammer or sentries. It began after the last update and it will last the entire wave as long as theres enemies still up
Hi I need help. I have no sounds in-game at all but on the xbox dashboard and other games it is working just fine.  

Xbox One S using both portable speakers and headsets for gears 4 happened after last update. I already tried checking the settings and stuff but to no avail.
Platform: XB1  
When did the issues begin: 3 or 4 days (today is 11/01) 
Describe the issues: Echo but like through a metal tube or something like that.  
What modes do you experience this in? Only in versus.  
What maps do you experience this in? The worst is on Clocktower in the bottom area by frags.  
Does the issue ever resolve? If so, is this after any particular instance? Yes, on other maps i.e. Canals, but Clocktower seems to stay constant.  
HDMI to TV (sound is down and muted) I use XB1 GoW Crimson Controller with Turtle Beach headset connected to controller via the supplied adaptor. 

Hope this helps! Thank y'all for your dedication and hard work!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4