Gears of War 4: Known Issues Thread [Update: 10/20/16]

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43
We will be constantly monitoring the forums to pass along any bug or issue reports along with feedback to the Development Team. This thread is designed to track issues with multiple reports, or the potential to impact a significant volume of players. The list below does not reflect all bugs and issues passed along to the Development Team. 

Matchmaking Issues  
We have deployed a multitude of server side updates to matchmaking and squads that have significantly improved outstanding issues. We are continuing to work on fixing any remaining issues. 

BOTH PLATFORMS 

DLC Items Missing 
We are investigating reports of some users missing Season Pass, Brothers To The End and Gears of War 4 Xbox One S exclusive content. If you are missing content, please read this FAQ for more information - you can also submit your Gamertag and missing content there. 

Audio Settings Reverting  
We have logged an issue where audio settings automatically revert every time the game is loaded. 

WINDOWS 10 SPECIFIC 

Store: Download Errors and Download Restarts 
We are actively working with the Windows Store team to investigate some instances where users are unable to initiate or finish their download. Solutions or information provided from the Store team on specific error codes have been listed below. 

Before continuing, please ensure you have followed the instructions found in this thread

Additionally some users have reported workarounds that have fixed their issues which we've shared below. These are user submitted workarounds that may or may not help if you are encountering issues, and are not officially endorsed as solutions. 

Bchaps - Try Again Later 

iAntique - Try Again Later  

Killer331 - Try Again Later, Something Happened On Our End  

--- 
Store Error 80070490 
If you are encountering this error, the Windows Store team have provided a workaround solution: 
  1. Windows+R and type regedit
  2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\PackageVolumes
  3. Right click and Modify DefaultVolumeKey to 1
  4. Restart your download
Store Error 80073cf9 
This error occurs when the install location is set to a HDD with Native 4K Sectors. Please choose a different Hard Drive install location. You can also join the Windows Insider program which currently has this fixed in build 14951 

Store Error 803f8007  
This indicates your Gears 4 digital license entitlement has been revoked. We detected some Gears 4 Windows 10 keys were obtained illegitimately via our NVIDIA promotion, and these keys have been revoked. If you believe your key was incorrectly revoked, we highly recommend you contact NVIDIA support with proof of purchase to help out with this. 
--- 

Windows Store - Error trying to download Title Update 
If you launch the game on Windows 10 without the update, you will get a message that an update is required to play with a link to the store. Clicking this link only minimizes the game when it takes you to the Store - please close the game fully before updating to avoid errors.  

Windows Insider Build 14936  
Insider Build 14936 of Windows has a known issue with UWP games.  
Solution: Update to Windows Insider Build 14951 

One or more of my Achievements won't unlock 
Some players are reporting PC achievements are not working. 
Solution: Ensure that your Telemetry and Application Telemetry Settings are enabled and that the service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry" is enabled. Make sure that any privacy tools you are using allow telemetry to be sent. This will rectify the issue and should unlock any 'stuck' achievements. 

Minimum Spec – Textures do not appear to stream properly 
When running the game on a minimum spec 2GB VRAM video card for the first time, textures may not appear to stream properly. 
Solution: Restart the game to resolve the issue. 

Co-Op: Second player gets kicked to menu upon load in 
Some users have reported their co-op partner being kicked to main menu upon loading Campaign. 
Solution: Ensure your Firewall is turned ON and your NAT settings are Open or Moderate to prevent this issue. 

Co-Op: Non-Host player appears to freeze after a Checkpoint Restart for Host player 
If hosting a co-op game with another PC user that has a slow computer, the other user may appear to freeze for a few seconds when restarting checkpoints if the host has vsync disabled.  
Workaround: The host can pause the game to avoid this becoming a detriment (reloading into combat, for example). 

Potential performance impact if SLI is enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel  
Gears of War currently does not support explicit multi-GPU. However, we have found an issue where single-GPU performance will drop if SLI is enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel. As a result, please disable SLI prior to playing Gears of War 4 if you have multiple-GPUs. NVIDIA and The Coalition are working on the issue and will inform the community as soon as we have the issue resolved. 

General Troubleshooting 
Gears of War 4 must be installed to an NTFS drive otherwise it may fail to install, run or update properly. 

You make sure that the Windows EFS service is running in order to run the title. Do not disable it. 

Some players have reported that the title will not boot when the Windows automatic update service is disabled. Enabling the automatic update service will resolve this issue.
Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears 
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio. 
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
TC Octus wrote:

WINDOWS 10 SPECIFIC  

Store: Download Errors and Download Restarts  
We are actively working with the Windows Store team to investigate some instances where users are unable to initiate or finish their download. Solutions or information provided from the Store team on specific error codes have been listed below.  

Before continuing, please ensure you have followed the instructions found in this thread.  

Additionally some users have reported workarounds that have fixed their issues which we've shared below. These are user submitted workarounds that may or may not help if you are encountering issues, and are not officially endorsed as solutions.  

Bchaps - Try Again Later  

iAntique - Try Again Later  

Killer331 - Try Again Later, Something Happened On Our End
The links in this section do not work, is it possible that you can replace them with the correct URLs? 

Thanks.
Hello the game is amazing only i miss the multigpu setting in a video wat we have see ....in the menu are multigpu on or off ...this menu is missing..... sorry for bad english....can anyone please tell me wo is the sli option please suport sli!!thx
Hi, I downloaded Gears 4 Ultimate Edition and I'm missing all of the characters and camos that come with that edition.
Z0MBIE o wrote:
Hi, I downloaded Gears 4 Ultimate Edition and I'm missing all of the characters and camos that come with that edition.
Same here. When I try to install "brothers to the end" skin pack it keeps downloading Adam Fenix dlc from the original gears of war ultimate edition, not gow4.
Zackcats86 wrote:

Z0MBIE o wrote:

Same here. When I try to install "brothers to the end" skin pack it keeps downloading Adam Fenix dlc from the original gears of war ultimate edition, not gow4.
Yes same here and it says I have the Brothers to the end pack installed but it's not
Please guy's give me a answer will you suport sli??? 
Way you have told the multigpu gpu from the menu?? 
Please anyone??
Windows won't let me rollback from 14936... Am I completely out of luck here? 4 days early and gonna miss it...
Could you guys give us some updates to the problem of downloading this game, i pre-order this game so i can play it not watch it stuck in downloading
cirushd wrote:
Please anyone??
It has been stated that it's coming in a patch post launch. BTW it's not SLI. It's mGPU in DX12.
JumpyBL wrote:

cirushd wrote:
Please anyone??

It has been stated that it's coming in a patch post launch. BTW it's not SLI. It's mGPU in DX12.
Hey and thx for responding...sli suport is coming???width a update??is this correct?
Soo.. is there a fix to the download issue on PC... what am I to try because I have completed removed the game from my downloads list. So I will have to re-download entirely but I want to make sure it will work before I sit for another 3 hours.
cirushd wrote:

JumpyBL wrote:

cirushd wrote:
Please anyone??

Hey and thx for responding...sli suport is coming???width a update??is this correct?
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/mgpu-in-gears-of-war-4-pc/3966fa17-6ff3-4c3b-8ce3-967ed29fb1bf/posts
Almost 9hrs after midnight and still can't Redeem my game download code. 
This is frustrating why did I even bother with pre ordering something if I can't use it? 

Gears of War 4 Limited Edition Xbox One S 2TB Bundle 

All 4 game codes provided with purchase are not working. 

This is the error message I get after trying to redeem any of the codes... 
"Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later."
How soon will a fix for Windows Insider Build 14936 be sent out? 
Insider Build 14936 of Windows has a known issue with UWP games. If you wish to play Gears of War 4 you will need to temporarily roll back until the next Insider Build is released.
Matchmaking for horde on casual and normal keeps timing out. was fine early this morning. Played 20 rounds, no problem. Tried half a dozen times on each and I can't get into a match....argh
Insider Build 14936 of Windows has a known issue with UWP games. If you wish to play Gears of War 4 you will need to temporarily roll back until the next Insider Build is released.
I really hope a fix is coming soon. This seems pretty crazy considering it's a first party Microsoft game. Sadly I nuked my rollback option to make room to install GoW4 on my SSD (Stupid I know, but I had zero major issues with this build up until I tried to run this.) So now I either need to reinstall or wait for an update.
HavronEX wrote:

I really hope a fix is coming soon. This seems pretty crazy considering it's a first party Microsoft game. Sadly I nuked my rollback option to make room to install GoW4 on my SSD (Stupid I know, but I had zero major issues with this build up until I tried to run this.) So now I either need to reinstall or wait for an update.
That's really strange, especially where games like "Forza 3: Horizon" have no issues with Build 14936 ! 

:-/
At the main loading screen my gears game will just keep loading and not move me into the actual game. Can someone tell me why this is happening and how i can avoid/fix this issue?
game downloaded and installed. whenever I run the game. i get an error : 

not able to load descriptor file ... gamegear.uproject
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43