3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 21
DEsanitE wrote:

I have Async Compute turned off try that once see if that helps...like BM Rubberducky recommended.

Thanks for the suggestion, but apparently I still had it turned off for the previous drivers.
Would you mind sharing your system? Maybe we can help you better that way. 

e.g. 
Windows Version 
CPU 
How much RAM 
Video Card & VRAM 
What settings are you using (custom, low, med, etc.) 
Do you have a gsync/free sync monitor? 
Do you have any weird software running in the backround (RTSS or Afterburner)? Maybe it's an old version or something. 

If you have an Intel CPU, have you tried updating the chipset drivers? (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/53/Chipsets
Do you play with a gamepad? Have you tried turning off vibration? 
Maybe the game is in a weird state. Have you tried doing a Reset on the app? (reference this link http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-windows-store-apps-windows-10 ) . This won't cause you to re-download the game. Just re-downloads your saved games. I think you lose your settings (controller, video, audio, etc.)
Don't bother troubleshooting. Completely useless as TC has acknowledged the problem themselves. Its up to them to fix it. Btw. G-Sync owners. If you set FPS to unlimited and vsync on. Do you get crazy stuttering with huge fps spikes dropping then coming back up randomly? If I turned vsync off and set fps cap to 120 I do not get those crazy fps spikes. 

Either way we need a custom FPS slider/counter. I have a 144Hz g-sync monitor and if I set it to 144 fps. I will get tearing. So I have to settle setting it to 120 fps and lose extra frames I could be getting. I would LOVE to be able to set FPS to 135. I feel that is a good buffer zone for you don't take g-sync out of range nearing that 144 mark.
Don't bother troubleshooting. Completely useless as TC has acknowledged the problem themselves. Its up to them to fix it. Btw. G-Sync owners. If you set FPS to unlimited and vsync on. Do you get crazy stuttering with huge fps spikes dropping then coming back up randomly? If I turned vsync off and set fps cap to 120 I do not get those crazy fps spikes.  

Either way we need a custom FPS slider/counter. I have a 144Hz g-sync monitor and if I set it to 144 fps. I will get tearing. So I have to settle setting it to 120 fps and lose extra frames I could be getting. I would LOVE to be able to set FPS to 135. I feel that is a good buffer zone for you don't take g-sync out of range nearing that 144 mark.
I have the same type of monitor, to avoid the tearing after setting up the game at 144Hz and Gsync on, go into the Nvidia control panel, find GOW 4 and make sure you set the vsync option in there as fast sync. Do not set vsync in the game-leave it off. 

The PC freezes with the newer nvidia drivers are a freaking nightmare. My PC would freeze completely and I have to hard reset it to use it. TC fix your game! This has been going on long enough!
Just played for a solid 2 hours just about, no crashes. After most recent drivers it ran just fine, will test more though
Just played for a solid 2 hours just about, no crashes. After most recent drivers it ran just fine, will test more though
Not gonna risk it without knowing specs for your system, OS, mode of play, etc... so your comment is basically pointless, for future ones, and this is just not for you, if you people are gonna put something like this, at least put your specs in the comment, without that, don't bother.

Would you mind sharing your system? Maybe we can help you better that way.  

e.g.  
Windows Version  
CPU  
How much RAM  
Video Card & VRAM  
What settings are you using (custom, low, med, etc.)  
Do you have a gsync/free sync monitor?  
Do you have any weird software running in the backround (RTSS or Afterburner)? Maybe it's an old version or something.  

If you have an Intel CPU, have you tried updating the chipset drivers? (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/53/Chipsets)  
Do you play with a gamepad? Have you tried turning off vibration?  
Maybe the game is in a weird state. Have you tried doing a Reset on the app? (reference this link http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-windows-store-apps-windows-10 ) . This won't cause you to re-download the game. Just re-downloads your saved games. I think you lose your settings (controller, video, audio, etc.)

• Using the latest version of Windows 10, usually keep it updated as much as I can and all my drivers are up to date, I check weekly.
  •  
  • AMD Ryzen 1700x
  •  
  • I have 16GBs of DDR4 at 2933mhz. They are rated for frequency up to 3000mhz, but Ryzen will downgrade it to 2933. I haven't stress tested the overclock, but this is the only game i have issues with. On a side note, right before I built this new system, my old system started experiencing identical freezes on Gears of War 4, it had an i5 2300 and a AMD RX480. I have played hundreds of hours an did not have one freeze or crash until then last June. After whatever they did in June, I have not been able to play the game on either system, they both freeze.
  •  
  • I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID. 11GBs of VRAM
  •  
  • Custom, I have the game on max settings, with the 2 optional Insane options, but tweaked the motion blur, anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion and sharpening to my liking
  •  
  • As for monitor, just a basic 60hz Dell IPS, nothing too special with it.
  •  
  • Only thing running in the back ground is Windows Defender, Razer Synapse software, Steam, GOG, EVGA XOC Precision, Samsung Magician, and also the HTC Viveport services run quietly waiting for me to plug up my headset. I do believe EVGA XOC is similar to Afterburner, it's up to date, by the way. 

•  
  • I play with a mouse and keyboard, usually my Xbox gamepad isn't even plugged up. I'll turn of vibration though. 
    I'll give that reset thing a try, thanks.

Not gonna risk it without knowing specs for your system, OS, mode of play, etc... so your comment is basically pointless, for future ones, and this is just not for you, if you people are gonna put something like this, at least put your specs in the comment, without that, don't bother.
Gtx 1080 Ti 
i7 4790k 
16 gb ddr4 ram 
144hz monitor 
windows 10 64bit 
I only play ranked and events 
like i said most recent nvidia drivers

I know you're frustrated, but he's just another player that's only trying to help. 

That being said, you are right that it would be more helpful if he posted his setup. [edit: Oops, didn't see his post] I'm assuming you're sticking with 382.53? 
If you've got other games you want to play anyways, then why not try out the driver? 
I guess if 382.53 works for all your games, then I guess there's no reason to risk instability. Drivers are usually pretty safe if you don't hear anything in a week.

I know you're frustrated, but he's just another player that's only trying to help.  

That being said, you are right that it would be more helpful if he posted his setup. [edit: Oops, didn't see his post] I'm assuming you're sticking with 382.53?  
If you've got other games you want to play anyways, then why not try out the driver?  
I guess if 382.53 works for all your games, then I guess there's no reason to risk instability. Drivers are usually pretty safe if you don't hear anything in a week.
No, I'm not frustrated, I just simply stated a fact. if you are gonna say that something works for YOU the least you can add is what do you have so we can compare, if not is like saying you can fly and don't even tell how you do it and expect us to believe you. Actually I have 384.94 and I don't have any crashes, I would like to update the driver but I'm no rush at all. I don't know what driver I had when the crashes started, but I reverted to 382.53 but for some reason it updated itself to the one I said, it is stable FOR ME with a Ryzen 1600x, a Xtreme Gaming 1070, and 16Gb of ram at 2133mhz. Windows is always updated to the last version, Creator's Update included. No MsiAfterburner, no FRAPS, no nothing out of the ordinary. 

I was playing with a buddy with a 970 until two weeks ago. Then he sold that one and got the same 1070 that I got, I told him, dude, if you put the last driver, you are gonna get crashes, he said, we'll see. 30 minutes later, the first crash, I could still hear him on RaidCall telling me he needed to restart the computer, next I told him my driver version, he downloaded, and now it works like a charm, just for THIS game. So yeah, I will need more than one person to justify the update, don't want any crashes on this computer, when I didn't know what was happening, I had my fill on that, who knew a driver could screw a SINGLE game that much and the developers of the drivers AND the game would care so little... Shame on them.
At least they are working on it as stated by OctusTC on reddit a few moments ago. 

"We're working with the relevant teams to resolve Driver issues. 
If you are using an Nvidia Card, please roll back to 382.53 for now."
Is the crashing fixed with the newest drivers? Nope. After playing much of yesterday and a few hours today. I just had my first hard freeze once again on these newer drivers. 

Specs&Crash 

https://imgur.com/a/0RTFr 

I also wanted to add. The fix TC needs to make is a very low priority for them. Keep in mind this has been going on for MONTHS now on PC. They are to busy creating packs and enhancing the game for the new upcoming XBOX. My best advice for PC gamer's. Don't buy GOW 5 on PC when it comes out. That is the best thing you can do. As much as I love this game playing MP against Xbox users. I wont be buying GOW 5 because of the poor PC support from TC. I would imagine the sales on PC for GOW 4 are complete trash as well. Just another reason why its a lower priority for them. 

So if any other dev wants to take notes how to piss off their PC community. TC it is. The sad thing is when the game works the way it suppose to. It looks amazing on PC and runs great.  

TC, i will remember this company well.
Every one give 1 star rating for the game on the windows store.
Every one give 1 star rating for the game on the windows store.
you mean all 8 of us? 

;)
It wouldn't even be as bad if it didn't ***** hard freeze your PC. 

If you could quit the game and reload it would be bad, but having to get up and reboot the ***** PC is infuriating. 

This needs fixing ASAP. It has gone on long enough
Gears fanatic since e-day.  

Are you a horde player? My team stopped playing and I'm looking for a new squad.  

Looking for older, mature and relaxed people to join up to have some fun on horde. Would be down for some vs too.
AC1D OMEN wrote:
It wouldn't even be as bad if it didn't ***** hard freeze your PC.  

If you could quit the game and reload it would be bad, but having to get up and reboot the ***** PC is infuriating.  

This needs fixing ASAP. It has gone on long enough
Yeah, for me is just like the game is frozen but the PC still runs, because I can still hear my buddy on my headphones talking, but I can't do *****, no alt+tab, no ctrl+alt+del, nothing, just press the on/off button from the tower and reboot the computer. I can't think a single program that had this kind of problem, normally it freezes the entire PC, or it crashes and then you have to re-open the program, but this issues just freezes the screen of the game and it doesn't let you close it. Weird as f***.
hello guys, im reporting again after trying gears witth last nvidia driver 387.92 

specs 

i7 700k stockk 
16gb ddr4 sttock 
game on ssd 
gtx 1080 ti 
win 10 up to date. last build downloaded yesterday 

AND ITS THE SAME FAQUING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

game freeze and i have tto hard reset the entire pc or wait for the bsod - watch dog violation - 

rolling back to driver 382.53 fix everything, but what a crap support we are having here. im gonna remember all this sh*#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TC only cares about loot crates and micro-transactions...they do not care about anything else. This is the first and last game I have bought from this greedy developer - zero support, 100% in your face money grabbing!
On a positive note, TC Octus said this to me (in relation to this bug) in the what's up this weekend thread: 

"We've been aware and responding to let people know we're working on it. The relevant teams are getting this resolved asap."
Gears fanatic since e-day.  

Are you a horde player? My team stopped playing and I'm looking for a new squad.  

Looking for older, mature and relaxed people to join up to have some fun on horde. Would be down for some vs too.
Talk is cheap. TC has lost any and all credibility when they talk about fixing existing bugs on PC. This is NOT a major bug that happened over night. This has been going on for MONTHS! TC has no shame. Simply no excuse for this at all. Its just plain damn neglecting PC while they focus on making packs, milking gamers until nipples fall off.  

On a positive note, TC Octus said this to me (in relation to this bug) in the what's up this weekend thread:  

"We've been aware and responding to let people know we're working on it. The relevant teams are getting this resolved asap." 
AC1D OMEN wrote:
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 21