[PC] Error 0x80073CF9 when downloading Gears of war 4

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
After restart my PC and redownload for a few time. It's still get this error (Error 0x80073CF9)

How can i fix this?
I have the same Issue! Have read all Solutions in Inet, but nothing works! I try to install Gears 4 to a different Drive, because i have on C: only 80 GB free. The download gets complete on F: for example and then this Error shows up. I have the Folder AUInstallAgent in Windows on C: and the APPReadiness Folder too. I have enough Space free and i have tried wsreset and so on. I had no Probs with Forza Horizon, Quantum Break and Gears of War Ultimate. Its really dissapointing. I have over 300 Games on Steam and there was never a Problem like this and i have Steam since 2003! If anyone have an Idea, it would be great, so that we can start playing this Weekend and get the "Ultimate Edition" Game, we paid for! It would be nice, if someone could help and answer!
i am getting the same error please someone help
I'm really excite about this game. but this error make me so much disappointed.
Please help. I have the same issue and redownload the game 3 times. Very dissapointed!
Alex2424 wrote:
I have the same Issue! Have read all Solutions in Inet, but nothing works! I try to install Gears 4 to a different Drive, because i have on C: only 80 GB free. The download gets complete on F: for example and then this Error shows up. I have the Folder AUInstallAgent in Windows on C: and the APPReadiness Folder too. I have enough Space free and i have tried wsreset and so on. I had no Probs with Forza Horizon, Quantum Break and Gears of War Ultimate. Its really dissapointing. I have over 300 Games on Steam and there was never a Problem like this and i have Steam since 2003! If anyone have an Idea, it would be great, so that we can start playing this Weekend and get the "Ultimate Edition" Game, we paid for! It would be nice, if someone could help and answer!
I had a very similar experience to this and the OP. When I first tried installing Gears 4 on my PC I would get to about 20 or 30GB and then it would hang. I also lost about 30GB of one download when I paused the download, powered off my PC and then turned in on the next day. Yay! 

Yesterday I realized I had about 90GB free on my C: drive, so I instead selected to download to my other SSD, which had 500GB free. It downloaded the first time with no issues. Seems like the 80GB free requirement isn't enough, at least as things stand now. 

So once it finally downloaded I thought I was home free, time to play! Nope, I get the same error as described in by the OP. "Try that again Something went wrong" error message with code 0x80073CF9. Given all the issues with the store I've probably downloaded around 200GB of Gears 4 in 4 - 5 attempts, thankfully my internet plan's cap is big enough to handle it.
see my post https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/a35773093fe74d3d9970e0a896b16d6d/threads/ultimate-fix-for-gears-of-war-4-not-installing-downloading-starting-mod-pin-this/eaf52464-4c08-462d-9c59-1fafa754233e/posts
Thanks Rafidd, I'll try that out. Can't at the moment, inadvertently used up my download cap (500gb) trying to get this working 7 times using various 'fixes'. Shame, won't get this working til after regular release, pretty disappointing on MS' front. I'd have gotten a refund and opted for a physical copy if it wasn't for Play Anywhere.
RAFIDD wrote:
see my post https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/a35773093fe74d3d9970e0a896b16d6d/threads/ultimate-fix-for-gears-of-war-4-not-installing-downloading-starting-mod-pin-this/eaf52464-4c08-462d-9c59-1fafa754233e/posts
Hi Rafidd, the link you post is not found. 
Can you give me a instruction here, Thanks
enable win 10 firewall and you will be able to finish the download, this is a big deal since Microsoft forces you to enable something you dont want so you can install their games/programs you want 

if your at error enable firewall and will finish in 2 sec no need to redownload all 73gb
The moderators removed my post because they don't want you guys to see the post for some reason :/ i will try to create another thread i will probably get banned cause for some reason the mods here don't want you guys to see this fix i wonder why O_o
Same problem here. I downloaded more than 20 GB yesterday, today the download reseted, I was able to download 2 GB, and now I have the error. I tried several things, nothing worked. That's a joke.
Any confimed fix for this?
Fixes are in this post on main page of technical support and help (second post) 

Gears of War 4: Known Issues Thread [Update: 10/9 - 4:00PM PDT]
i created another thread and it was removed seems like they don't want you guys to see the fix oh well good luck i am out of here peace.
At last!!!!!!! 

got a fix for this.  

This morning it donwload all the 73 FB but it failed when the installation was running. 

Try this: 

Windows +R 

write powershell , hit enter. 

Put this:  

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} 

Wait all the process, then, comeback to the store and push "retry" in the failed instalation. 
it show a progress bar downlonding the game again but, in a few seconds the game will be installed with no issues. 

Work for me.
Thank you so much SuperDanimal200. 

I've been lurking on these forums for days trying all the suggested fixes but your powershell works! 

I can FINALLY play some GOW 4! :D
Thanks Superdanimal200 
After download 73 GB 'Again'!! 
I'll try your way. Really disappointed in windows store
I tried yesterday, it didn't work for me. Same today. 
Congratulations Microsoft.
Run through these - http://www.pcerror-fix.com/tricks-to-fix-error-0x80073cf9-while-installing-apps-from-windows-store-in-windows-108  

I had the same issue, using powershell fixed it for me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4