2017 and Still Sybarite Achievement Discontinued

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
TC Octus wrote:

We definitely understand the desire, and if it wasn't a huge task to go back and do I'm sure we'd do it (we even talked about doing it post Gears 4). But, as much as we'd like to do this for all of you, the reality is those discussions highlighted how it's just not feasible for us to work on those games at this stage.
Just to point out, you said "at this stage" does this mean, not now - but it's not forgotten about, and may eventually happen?
So all the people that want to get all their games to 100% completed can’t. I got the sybarite achievement in 3 and i think i only needed one more in Judgement, so i guess I won’t get it now. But i issue is that sooo many copies of these games were just given for free because of UE and 4 but now they are broken and you could fix this but you don’t know if it will break the game . Just toggle it on and leave it . Make it on just because. Borken to let people get the achievement vs letting it sit, yeah i think we would all be ok with that.
Honestly this is just bs. TC ofcourse could fix the issue, but that would require integrity.
The hero this forum needs, but doesn't deserve
So all the people that want to get all their games to 100% completed can’t. I got the sybarite achievement in 3 and i think i only needed one more in Judgement, so i guess I won’t get it now. But i issue is that sooo many copies of these games were just given for free because of UE and 4 but now they are broken and you could fix this but you don’t know if it will break the game . Just toggle it on and leave it . Make it on just because. Borken to let people get the achievement vs letting it sit, yeah i think we would all be ok with that.
A bit cruel to the people who want to play it without any gameplay issues. 

An achievement is something you'll get then move on, what about the people who will still play it for the sake of playing it once you've moved on?
My Uncle Is Daddy Warbux, if I ask him to donate a couple million for new/old hardware, would you guys quit sitting on your hands?
TC Octus wrote:
<snipped>  

So why don't we just do this without proper testing? Well, if it breaks something, it could have knock on effects that cause major issues - save wipes, modes becoming unplayable, who knows.  

We'd then would be without the ability to QA the problem or rectify anything that wasn't changeable without an Update on a game our team isn't focused on or has any sort of testing environment set up for. It could leave a major problem in the game that, until all of what I just listed was scrambled together so we could fix the issue, could impact players for months.  

<snipped>
It's still not clear to me why you can't re-run previous events? How could they break the game if they've already been run without any issues? There have already been enough events for everyone to be able to get 30 ribbons for the achievement.
I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t “mess up the experience of others” If they just set that achievement to unlock the next time people logged on but I guess that’s just me!
i think they firmly said that it is impossible so move on guys that means me too
He wrote 'not feasible', not 'impossible'. It's obviously possible but what is clear is their position - to do nothing - has not changed and is unlikely to change. Apparently setting up a 360 test environment, which is something they must surely know how to do, is a task so huge that it's beyond the resources of a first-party studio. Apparently they need to setup a 360 test environment in order to re-run previous events even though they've been run before without problems. Apparently Microsoft can offer no assistance, they can only 'enhance' BC games and making an achievement obtainable again cannot be considered an 'enhancement'. Apparently TC don't trust themselves to make any changes without wiping everyone's saves or generally breaking the game. On reflection, that last one is actually believable. 

You're free to move on if you like but I've actually grown fond of venting about TC's incompetence and BS, so will carry on for the time being.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2