7/12 HotFix Update + Map Rotation Changes and More

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
HOT-FIX UPDATE ARRIVING TOMORROW 
Tomorrow, we are releasing a small update to Gears of War 4 that fixes some community reported bugs and introduces functionality needed for our upcoming Competitive 2.0 Beta test playlist. 

Update Notes 

• Fixed an exploit where immediately swapping to another weapon while revving the Torque Bow shows the player having a different weapon when they are still revving the Torque Bow
  • Avalanche: Fixed an issue where players could be killed in the Avalanche area if an Avalanche occured during a round transition.
  • Reclaimed Windflare: Adjustments to the Lightning Strike fizzle to ensure it represents the actual damage radius of the Strike

MAP ROTATION UPDATE 
Map Rotation is a feature of Gears of War 4 that, over the past few months, we've been continually working to improve based on your feedback. 

Today, we're excited to announce that - from tomorrow onwards - every map released for Gears of War 4 will be in the Versus Public Play Map Rotation at the same time. Now I bet the question you're asking is - how is there a Map Rotation if everything is live in Public Matchmaking? (Good question!). 

From now on, Map Rotation no longer signals a change in which maps are available in Public Play, but rather the probability of maps appearing. Each month, we'll be adjusting the probability of each map's chance of appearing in Social or Ranked Matches. By changing to this system, we're able to keep every map in matchmaking with a changing roster of maps that you'll be more likely to see every month. 

For this month, we're starting with every map on equal terms. We're going to be watching which maps you play the most, which maps you are voting for and listening to your feedback to help us define the first balancing pass for our Map Rotation in the future. Get out there tomorrow (Wednesday July 12th) to try out these changes for yourself and let us know your feedback. You know where to find us. 

Season Pass holders will still have the benefit of an exclusive week of access to our maps through the Developer Playlist, access to play any map whenever they want in Private Play regardless of their matchmaking probability, and the ability to play all Maps in Horde rather than the more limited selection that will be available for Horde matchmaking. 

(Note: Escalation will still use the Gears Pro Circuit Map Rotation along with the latest maps. Horde Matchmaking will have a smaller selection of available maps focused on those that provide great Horde experiences. New Maps will still be exclusive to the Developer Playlist for one week before being added to the Map Rotation for all playlists). 

OTHER NEWS 
Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Neat! Sounds good to depart from absolute selections.
Well look at that. This is more like it! Not sure how I feel about separate maps for Horde players other than that there is something making the SP less worthless though. Guess we'll just have to see how it turns out. At least Versus doesn't dictate Horde maps anymore. 
Note : Will all maps be available in Horde matchmaking for Season Pass holders or does everyone have the same maps to play on in the limited rotation? Can't quite get it from the post.
Kait as main character for Gears 5/6, not JD.  

Why do I like Kait? I find her to be very relatable, she acts how most of us would and feels more like a human who's never worn armor nor been in a war. Like most.  
Seriously 4.0 progress: 87%  
Ribbons : 138/141
Awesome news. So why did I pay $50 for a season pass again? and where are the locust grenadier packs??
"I'm at the top of the mountain, and I'm only half-way up" - Dr. Disrespect
As a SP holder I'm very excited about these map rotation changes. Variety in the rotation is always nice. 

Appreciate all the work you all do to make this game better!
All right! No more map rotations! Another step in the right direction. Excellent. 

ps. Now give us the sawed-off please. =)
TC Octus wrote:
Tomorrow, we are releasing a small update to Gears of War 4 that fixes some community reported bugs and introduces functionality needed for our upcoming Competitive 2.0 Beta test playlist (more on that later in the article).  

Update Notes 

• Fixed an exploit where immediately swapping to another weapon while revving the Torque Bow shows the player having a different weapon when they are still revving the Torque Bow
  •  
  • Avalanche: Fixed an issue where players could be killed in the Avalanche area if an Avalanche occured during a round transition.
  •  
  • Reclaimed Windflare: Adjustments to the Lightning Strike fizzle to ensure it represents the actual damage radius of the Strike
  •  

MAP ROTATION UPDATE  
Map Rotation is a feature of Gears of War 4 that, over the past few months, we've been continually working to improve based on your feedback.  

Today, we're excited to announce that - from tomorrow onwards - every map released for Gears of War 4 will be in the Versus Map Rotation at the same time. Now I bet the question you're asking is - how is there a Map Rotation if everything is live in Public Matchmaking? (Good question!).  

From now on, Map Rotation no longer signals a change in which maps are available, but rather the probability of maps appearing. Each month, we'll be adjusting the probability of each map's chance of appearing in Social or Ranked Matches. By changing to this system, we're able to keep every map in matchmaking with a changing roster of maps that you'll be more likely to see every month.  

For this month, we're starting with every map on equal terms. We're going to be watching which maps you play the most, which maps you are voting for and listening to your feedback to help us define the first balancing pass for our Map Rotation in the future. Get out there tomorrow (Wednesday July 12th) to try out these changes for yourself and let us know your feedback. You know where to find us.  

Season Pass holders will still have the benefit of an exclusive week of access to our maps through the Developer Playlist, access to play any map whenever they want in Private Play regardless of their matchmaking probability, and the ability to play all Maps in Horde rather than the more limited selection that will be available for Horde matchmaking.  

(Note: Escalation will still use the Gears Pro Circuit Map Rotation along with the latest maps. Horde Matchmaking will have a smaller selection of available maps focused on those that provide great Horde experiences. New Maps will still be exclusive to the Developer Playlist for one week before being added to the Map Rotation for all playlists).  

OTHER NEWS 

Any "HOT FIXES" for these issues?!  

Season Pass Issue 

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/a35773093fe74d3d9970e0a896b16d6d/threads/season-pass-on-windows-10-investigation/79b7791d-45f0-4369-b609-a7dec7087e0f/posts 

BIGELOWE Issue 

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/a35773093fe74d3d9970e0a896b16d6d/threads/bigelow-error---is-this-going-to-be-addressed/3b935c6b-d9a7-4d5c-8d0b-060699be8759/postsYou know, actual play-ability/connectivity issues!!! WHAT ARE THE STATUS ON THESE TRIVIAL NON-IMPORTANT ISSUES?!!
Let me get this straight. We still have skins and characters that reset to default for over a year and turrets that don't fire and bug out after a while but that avalanche got fixed pretty quick.
Thank you TC for finally listening to us on this issue. All maps in rotation is all we ever asked for. It was always like this in every GOW game and it kept the game fresh since there was map variety. A little feed back note that no one is voting the Rust Lung map for Ranked. I have yet to play it on a VS game mode since no one wants to vote on it.
xNinja9 wrote:
All right! No more map rotations! Another step in the right direction. Excellent.  

ps. Now give us the sawed-off please. =)
Hell no! Keep that trash out of Gears 4.
TC Octus wrote:
Tomorrow, we are releasing a small update to Gears of War 4...
Would it be possible in future updates posted to include the file sizes (or approximate sizes) for the updates to both the console and Windows versions at the bottom of the posts? I ask this because I usually download both updates and I am bandwidth capped each month, which shouldn't be an issue to most people but these monthly Gears updates are always rather large and any form of a "heads-up" would be beneficial to me.
Octus - Will the gnasher shot delay ever be removed? Why is there a delay when we pull RT when using the gnasher? :(
Cant wait to see all the threads from people complaining that they never get to play on "this" map or "that" map...
What the hell, why does only versus get all the maps in matchmaking at once? Why does Horde get left in the lurch like that? 

Why do you keep desperately clinging to this moronic map rotation system when literally everyone in the community who ever talks about it doesn't like it?
and when are you going to give something exclusive to those who buy the stupid season pass? you disappoint me
Well look at that. This is more like it! Not sure how I feel about separate maps for Horde players other than that there is something making the SP less worthless though. Guess we'll just have to see how it turns out. At least Versus doesn't dictate Horde maps anymore.  
Note : Will all maps be available in Horde matchmaking for Season Pass holders or does everyone have the same maps to play on in the limited rotation? Can't quite get it from the post.

Horde matchmaking is unchanged - still a limited selection of maps available each month. This update is only for the Versus Map Rotation. 

Lemieuxs wrote:
Any "HOT FIXES" for these issues?!
As mentioned in both of the posts on these issues in the Technical Help and Support forum ,investigations are ongoing - we're working to find solutions as quickly as possible. We don't have solutions yet so we can't hot-fix the issues. Both are very complex but we've made good progress in both areas.
Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Wow a work in progress but I'm amazed. This team CAN come back from fucktarded design decisions. Like this map rotation nonsense. Now whether you're just saying it and if when implemented I even have a chance of playing those maps with lower possibilities is yet to be seen. Dont agree with the pro scene being dictated by map rotation but at least for pubbies its good.  

I will give a clap to you TC but quite honestly this again shouldn't have been a thing to begin with. Its the kind of pleasant feeling you get when a child realizes its choices were just retarded and now they are coming to their senses. Theres still more for you to improve on, but this a good step. Still wont buy Gears 5 or support any of your business practices until proven otherwise.
Nothing about the drop rate for the packs then? Opening 60 Packs and not getting the char? 

Bout time you released the characters separately to be purchased if your gonna give rubbish drop rates.
Can you guys undo whatever happened to the gnasher with the July update? This is the most inconsistent it has ever been. Long range shots appear to do more damage than close range and too many instances where you do no damage and receive 100% damage when trading shots. PLEASE FIX
No change on horde map rotation. I'm usually optimistic but c'mon. That's just damn lazy.
Trust but Verify.  

Level 10 Scout with max core cards.  

Stop whining. Start winning.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7