7/7 Server Side Update: Wings Re-Up Credit Balancing

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hello Gears fans! 

Since we released Re-Ups 11-15, known as Wings, we've been working on a new model for Credit Bonuses for those extended Re-Ups to provide a normalized Credit Earn rate. 

For those of you who don't know, we introduced the Wings Re-Ups to be a showcase of hardcore dedication to Gears of War 4. Wings Re-Ups take significantly more XP to max than Re-Ups 1 - 10. To compensate for this, we increased the rate at which Credit Bonuses are given back in March to once every level once you reach these new Re-Ups. 

While the Credit Rewards for the Wing Re-Ups scaled at the same rate as previous Re-Ups, we've determined - with community feedback - that as you move through the Wings Re-Ups, the Credit to XP ratio dropped too low comparative to Re-Up 10. 

Today, we've released a server side update to balance out the Credit Bonus to XP earn rate. All Wings Re-Ups have been rebalanced to have a similar XP:Credit ratio to the Re-Up 10 curve - meaning the value of Credit Bonuses at each level is based on the XP required, creating a more consistent Credit Earn rate for all Wings Re-Ups. 

Due to the nature of the system, we are unfortunately unable to retroactively provide any Credit Bonuses for previous Wings levels earned. We hope that this will provide a better experience for new and existing entrants to the Wings club moving forward. 

Thank you for your feedback. As always, we'll be watching and listening. 

TC
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Can't help thinking it was more of a 'Oh now we have been rumbled we'd better give normal Credit Earn Rates back. Damn, prospective cash sales won't be boosted as well as we'd hoped'. I mean it wasn't randomly set this way to start with? It was decided in the first place? 

Nicked...from below but this is what I was thinking of. 

What about XP and credits earned overall? 
Some of us don't like using boring speedruns in Horde over and over again in order to farm credits for your ridiculous RNG packs.
**erase irrelevant.. finally acknowledged elsewhere**
RIP Chester Bennington #LINKINPARK  
The Coalition on PING bars: FINALLY, The Ping has arrived to Geaaaaaarssss 4.....  
Region Selector Ping = / = In-Game Ping  

When players say, GoW J had the best aiming system.
TC Octus wrote:
Hello Gears fans!  

Since we released Re-Ups 11-15, known as Wings, we've been working on a new model for Credit Bonuses for those extended Re-Ups to provide a normalized Credit Earn rate.  

For those of you who don't know, we introduced the Wings Re-Ups to be a showcase of hardcore dedication to Gears of War 4. Wings Re-Ups take significantly more XP to max than Re-Ups 1 - 10. To compensate for this, we increased the rate at which Credit Bonuses are given back in March to once every level once you reach these new Re-Ups.  

While the Credit Rewards for the Wing Re-Ups scaled at the same rate as previous Re-Ups, we've determined - with community feedback - that as you move through the Wings Re-Ups, the Credit to XP ratio dropped too low comparative to Re-Up 10.  

Today, we've released a server side update to balance out the Credit Bonus to XP earn rate. All Wings Re-Ups have been rebalanced to have a similar XP:Credit ratio to the Re-Up 10 curve - meaning the value of Credit Bonuses at each level is based on the XP required, creating a more consistent Credit Earn rate for all Wings Re-Ups.  

Due to the nature of the system, we are unfortunately unable to retroactively provide any Credit Bonuses for previous Wings levels earned. We hope that this will provide a better experience for new and existing entrants to the Wings club moving forward.  

Thank you for your feedback. As always, we'll be watching and listening.  

TC
I, for one is happy to hear that. Thanks! 👍
"I never lose. I either win or learn."  
Twitter
Some of us don't like using boring speedruns in Horde over and over again in order to farm credits for your ridiculous RNG packs.
Yeah, and this fix is just for Wings to be closer to re-up 10 with the 500 Bonus CR earn-rate. Re-up 10 is horrible as is with how much longer it takes than re-up 0. Re-ups 1-9 progressively get worse with the 500 Bonus CR earn-rate. 

Why wouldn't they just fix it universally to go off XP, so that it's the same amount of time to get the 500 CR Bonus at re-up 0, all throughout re-ups 2-10 and Wings? They're doing the same half-fix BS. 

You can do the math and see how much worse it gets throughout re-ups 1-9 alone. We should have a consistent and equal amount of XP needed to get the 500 CR from before any re-ups, all the way through Wings, end of story. So, it's still gonna be a nightmare for those in Wings. 

Just looking at the chart, you can see to get to level 100 at re-up 0 compared to re-up 9, it has doubled in XP. So, you're 500 Bonus CR earn rate will take approximately twice as long to get by re-up 9. This fix is for Wings to be like re-up 10 with XP requirements, which should be more than double what it took at re-up 0 to earn each 500 CR Bonus. 

I'm re-up 8 right now, and it takes me way longer than it did before re-up 1 for the 500 CR Bonus. That is not right, especially considering 500 CR is already such a small amount for 5 levels. All they had to do was use that consistent XP system they're using for Wings to match 10, and have it match the starting levels before re-up 1 and use it throughout all re-ups.
Thanks. 

10 char
XtraTrstrL wrote:

Yeah, and this fix is just for Wings to be closer to re-up 10 with the 500 Bonus CR earn-rate. Re-up 10 is horrible as is with how much longer it takes than re-up 0. Re-ups 1-9 progressively get worse with the 500 Bonus CR earn-rate.  

Why wouldn't they just fix it universally to go off XP, so that it's the same amount of time to get the 500 CR Bonus at re-up 0, all throughout re-ups 2-10 and Wings? They're doing the same half-fix BS.  

You can do the math and see how much worse it gets throughout re-ups 1-9 alone. We should have a consistent and equal amount of XP needed to get the 500 CR from before any re-ups, all the way through Wings, end of story. So, it's still gonna be a nightmare for those in Wings.  

Just looking at the chart, you can see to get to level 100 at re-up 0 compared to re-up 9, it has doubled in XP. So, you're 500 Bonus CR earn rate will take approximately twice as long to get by re-up 9. This fix is for Wings to be like re-up 10 with XP requirements, which should be more than double what it took at re-up 0 to earn each 500 CR Bonus.  

I'm re-up 8 right now, and it takes me way longer than it did before re-up 1 for the 500 CR Bonus. That is not right, especially considering 500 CR is already such a small amount for 5 levels. All they had to do was use that consistent XP system they're using for Wings to match 10, and have it match the starting levels before re-up 1 and use it throughout all re-ups.
Right? I mean im re up 8 lvl 70 if I managed to get this far we should be compensated a little better not less for making it this far.
XtraTrstrL wrote:

That's one of the issues I have. 

To copy/paste what I put on reddit: 

I'm extremely happy (and actually very surprised) that this update was made. 
The playing field isn't completely leveled yet...as the Re-Up 10's (and wings now) are still getting leveling bonuses per xp at 1/2 the rate of a re-up 0. 

See this image: 
Essentially this change will will make it so that the blue-line is the same, but the red line will theoretically level off after RU10. 

So, this change is certainly better than where it was, but I'd still like to see it fixed further. 
But oh well, I'll take what I can get. And I really am happy that they've done what they have! 

Again, Octus...thanks for getting it this far; anything is 10x better than nothing!
Twitter: @BChapy  
YouTube: GowTacCom  
Creator of the Team TAC-COM  
VT Aerospace Engineering VT  
Ex Community Reaper ------ #ChapsRadio ------ #DatSheffy
Well thats a relief im not terribly far off from wings 1 and am ***** my pants enough as it is leveling at reup 10 68
GOW 1250/1250  
GOW 2: \\☆// 1750/1750  
GOW 3: 400 \\☆// 2000/2000  
GOW UE:400 \\☆// 1250/1250  
GOW 4:1075 \\☆// 1330/1500  
COG: B.S Tai Kaliso  
LOCUST: B.S savage Kantus  
My first Gears of war 4 montage  
Don't act like children act like adults  
@Sadistey twitter
This is off topic, but why is the load more threads button not working?
That's good news to me. Thanks
"Thank you for your feedback. As always, we'll be watching and listening. 

"Listening" lmfao TC has jokes
Or number of views per thread.

Well clearly they have listened to some degree by implementing this change.
Locust/Swarm fanboy and proud!  
If you encounter a new player please try to not scare them off (they are learning as you once did)  
Please try to encourage less toxicity in the community as a whole, we all love gears.  
Epic are not coming back, get over it.

Well clearly they have listened to some degree by implementing this change.
Yes they listen to a small issue as opposed to fixing the hundred big issues that have been prevalent since day 1. Bravo TC. TC only listens to TC wants to hear. Anyone who defends them at this point is just a target for ridicule. Please TC, just take down your forums page, we know you don't care about anything but your profit.
I just got the re up 11 recently and hit level 19 today. I think I got like 625 for level 19. I honestly can't complain, just screwing around on developers. For as much as I hate sentrys my friend and i said, let's see if we can spawn trap/speed up the 40 waves without lightning hitting the idiot boxes. Got that barn turned into a slaughter house and an opposite spawn death trap. Actually had alot of fun messing around.
You mean how it loses the filter you have set once you hit "Load More" and becomes random? If so, it's always been broken like that.
Amazing idea I fully support this ranking up is insane when you reach wings so i'm glad the grind is being rewarded. Excellent move TC!
so what did they actually do? I am reup 11 lvl 73 and it takes 250,000 XP to next level just to get a measly 625 credits c'mon TC
Missing Forum Badge  

Watch This Laggy ****** Grenade  

https://twitch.tv/capnjacksparo: <==== He Streams Gears 4 on Twitch  

"Well, we're not here to sell cookies... So they know something's up."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4