[Locked] ALL BS ASIDE...

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am very excited to see how this new TU will change the game. Extremely pumped for all the quitters to slowly but surely start leaving this game for good :)  

Hopefully we get some awesome character and weapon skins too. Ohhh and of course the maps, PLEASE let it be some OG Gears 2 or Gears 3 maps. Like maybe Avalanche, River, or Blood Drive. Bring the excitement back in the maps! 

And for everyone who is complaining about the time bans for quitting...YOU are more than likely the problem! And this new update is going to fix that problem, PERIOD!!! 
Go and play Social if you don't like losing every gunfight and can't get the mechanics of the game down and stop ruining the game for us serious players. Certain games are not for everyone and Gears of War is definitely a HARD game to master. It is not your basic COD shooter where ANYBODY can get decent and it takes absolutely NO SKILL to be good. 1st person and 3rd person, totally different worlds.  

So lets stop with the complaining and get your heads in the game or GTFO and play Social where there are NO penalties and you can leave anytime you get outplayed/outgunned. Plain and simple. 

Thank you to TC for listening to the fans requests and taking Gears 4 in a better direction. Can't wait for future updates with further quit penalties, weapon tuning, hopefully some more swarm/locust characters, and pre-game lobbies. Gonna be an awesome year for Gears fans! Let's Go!!!

This post has been hidden.

RaXcKs wrote:
Thank you to TC for listening to the fans requests and taking Gears 4 in a better direction.

Were you born yesterday? Have you not noticed all the complaints for the past 3 months regarding how TC have done nothing but ignore what the community has been asking for?  

Even this leave penalty, most were arguing against it, and yet they still implement it. This is going to have a negative impact, and I will be here to laugh in your faces when it does.
Most were arguing against it? Lol who? I've seen nothing but support on enacting these quit penalties to properly balance the game with punishing losers who rage quit because they are absolutely TRASH at the game... A.K.A. people like you ;) 

Lol and as I've been saying to you for the past hour. I will be extremely pleased to know that people like you have officially quit Gears because of the quit penalties :) 

Thanks to The Coalition !

RaXcKs wrote:
Thank you to TC for listening to the fans requests and taking Gears 4 in a better direction.

Were you born yesterday? Have you not noticed all the complaints for the past 3 months regarding how TC have done nothing but ignore what the community has been asking for?  

Even this leave penalty, most were arguing against it, and yet they still implement it. This is going to have a negative impact, and I will be here to laugh in your faces when it does.
I've not seen anyone arguing against it? I thought this was one of the few features that was universally welcomed? If you want to quit a game play social.
I play Gears too much. Apparently 150,000+ kills in Gears 2... Total kills, the only stat that counts ;)  

Join our Gears 4 PC Discord. We organise competitive 10 man games every day!

RaXcKs wrote:

I've not seen anyone arguing against it? I thought this was one of the few features that was universally welcomed? If you want to quit a game play social.
Thank You ! Lol I honestly think this kid is a troll, just look at his other forum posts. He's just going against the crowd it's pretty obvious and pathetic!
RaXcKs wrote:

RaXcKs wrote:

Thank You ! Lol I honestly think this kid is a troll, just look at his other forum posts. He's just going against the crowd it's pretty obvious and pathetic!
Always like seeing a positive post around here. Im pretty excited to see what TU3 brings, maybe it will get me off battlefield haha.
"Something's wrong with this thing, it keeps jamming..."
The Single biggest problem this game has which is the main cause for quitting is region hopping!!!! 

Yet TC choose to do anything about it despite the many complaints!! 

Quit bans will only bury the game or just segregate everyone to play social............................there goes enjoying the game with a group of friends. 

If rolling lobbies, JIP, MAP voting and bot filing would have been included like it always has been we would not have this serious quitting problem
"Hello darkness my old friend"
RaXcKs wrote:
Lol and as I've been saying to you for the past hour. I will be extremely pleased to know that people like you have officially quit Gears because of the quit penalties
I quit a week after release, when I finished boosting to 10th. The luck factor in a skill based shooter put me off.
RaXcKs wrote:
I am very excited to see how this new TU will change the game. Extremely pumped for all the quitters to slowly but surely start leaving this game for good :)  

Hopefully we get some awesome character and weapon skins too. Ohhh and of course the maps, PLEASE let it be some OG Gears 2 or Gears 3 maps. Like maybe Avalanche, River, or Blood Drive. Bring the excitement back in the maps!  

And for everyone who is complaining about the time bans for quitting...YOU are more than likely the problem! And this new update is going to fix that problem, PERIOD!!!  
Go and play Social if you don't like losing every gunfight and can't get the mechanics of the game down and stop ruining the game for us serious players. Certain games are not for everyone and Gears of War is definitely a HARD game to master. It is not your basic COD shooter where ANYBODY can get decent and it takes absolutely NO SKILL to be good. 1st person and 3rd person, totally different worlds.  

So lets stop with the complaining and get your heads in the game or GTFO and play Social where there are NO penalties and you can leave anytime you get outplayed/outgunned. Plain and simple.  

Thank you to TC for listening to the fans requests and taking Gears 4 in a better direction. Can't wait for future updates with further quit penalties, weapon tuning, hopefully some more swarm/locust characters, and pre-game lobbies. Gonna be an awesome year for Gears fans! Let's Go!!!
The only thing I don't agree with is having blood drive for a third game. Everything else has me interested in turning the game on after work.
-Redacted-  
-Redacted-  
-Redacted-  

-Redacted-  

-Redacted-  
-Redacted-
Will the temporary ban stop everyone from quitting a match? No of course not but it will make people think twice before doing so. 
Rocket league have a 15 minute ban for leaving a ranked match which I think works well it definitely stops me from leaving a match even when I am getting a serious ass kicking. 
The game also allows you to forfeit if someone decides to leave which again works well otherwise you are at a disadvantage, but I think for gears maybe if two left this could be an option? 

I am not a veteran like some of you guys, but I have played every gears games so far : )
appleUK wrote:

RaXcKs wrote:

RaXcKs wrote:

Always like seeing a positive post around here. Im pretty excited to see what TU3 brings, maybe it will get me off battlefield haha.
Hopefully it will get you off battlefield bro. The more people playing and supporting the game the better ;)

RaXcKs wrote:
Lol and as I've been saying to you for the past hour. I will be extremely pleased to know that people like you have officially quit Gears because of the quit penalties

I quit a week after release, when I finished boosting to 10th. Luck in a skill based shooter is not what I'm about.
You just admitted you boosted to tenth? Lol you are seriously trash kid. Do us all a favor and just uninstall the game, break it in half, and GTFO these forums . No one likes a troll man, just stop already.
RaXcKs wrote:

RaXcKs wrote:

I quit a week after release, when I finished boosting to 10th. Luck in a skill based shooter is not what I'm about.

You just admitted you boosted to tenth? Lol you are seriously trash kid. Do us all a favor and just uninstall the game, break it in half, and GTFO these forums . No one likes a troll man, just stop already.
Should I be ashamed of boosting to 10th? I don't think so. I took advantage of TC's negligence, something that is easy to come by when you have developers as incompetent as them. You have no right telling me to get off these forums, you're just as much a troll as I, with your delusional posts.
The Single biggest problem this game has which is the main cause for quitting is region hopping!!!!  

Quit bans will only bury the game or just segregate everyone to play social............................there goes enjoying the game with a group of friends.  

If rolling lobbies, JIP, MAP voting and bot filing would have been included like it always has been we would not have this serious quitting problem
I honestly think the MAIN reason for people quitting is just flat out Rage Quitting! I can't tell you how many times I have outplayed someone or killed the same guy 4 times in a row and then see him in the spawn with No Weapon in his/her hands lol (means they have quit the game) it is so pathetic it makes me sick bro. There are just to many noobs that do not UNDERSTAND how the game works. It's extremely obvious if you just pay attention. 

But hey that is just my opinion, I'm not trying to talk down on your opinion.
RaXcKs wrote:

I honestly think the MAIN reason for people quitting is just flat out Rage Quitting! I can't tell you how many times I have outplayed someone or killed the same guy 4 times in a row and then see him in the spawn with No Weapon in his/her hands lol (means they have quit the game) it is so pathetic it makes me sick bro. There are just to many noobs that do not UNDERSTAND how the game works. It's extremely obvious if you just pay attention.  

If you're able to dome people over and over, it's likely because they aren't as good as you. Is it their fault that the game has coupled you with lesser skilled players? No, it is the matchmaking systems fault. If a Bronze level played gets put up against a diamond level player, then of course they are going to want to leave the game. All quit penalties will do there is cause players to endure being ass raped for 20 minutes. I'm sure that it wouldn't take long for them to get fed up with that and just quit the game. 

These kinds of games are not an infrequent occurrence, more often than not games are imbalanced.

RaXcKs wrote:

RaXcKs wrote:

Should I be ashamed of boosting to 10th? I don't think so. I took advantage of TC's negligence, something that is easy to come by when you have developers as incompetent as them. You have no right telling me to get off these forums, you're just as much a troll as I, with your delusional posts.
Your a virgin aren't you? Hahaha loser, stop talking and GET OFF THESE FORUMS YOU WORTHLESS TRASH CAN :)
RaXcKs wrote:

RaXcKs wrote:

Your a virgin aren't you? Hahaha loser, stop talking and GET OFF THESE FORUMS YOU WORTHLESS TRASH CAN :)
Please, tell me more about myself, oh wise one.

RaXcKs wrote:

If you're able to dome people over and over, it's likely because they aren't as good as you. Is it their fault that the game has coupled you with lesser skilled players? No, it is the matchmaking systems fault. If a Bronze level played gets put up against a diamond level player, then of course they are going to want to leave the game. All quit penalties will do there is cause players to endure being ass raped for 20 minutes. I'm sure that it wouldn't take long for them to get fed up with that and just quit the game.  

These kinds of games are not an infrequent occurrence, more often than not games are imbalanced.
If a player isn't skilled enough to be playing ranked, surely they shouldn't be playing it anyway? As far as the matchmaking goes, that's almost certainly a symptom of low population more than a bad algorithm. The only way to fix that is to get more players, and I doubt that's going to happen. So why not just improve the experience for the more hardcore that stay?  

I don't know about you, but the whole idea of playing ranked in my mind is to play in a team of good players, against a team of good players. I'd rather play against better players and get beaten than play against a team of people that quit when they start to lose. Nothing is worse than being the last person on a team after everyone else has quit.
I play Gears too much. Apparently 150,000+ kills in Gears 2... Total kills, the only stat that counts ;)  

Join our Gears 4 PC Discord. We organise competitive 10 man games every day!
RaXcKs wrote:

They Rage quit because they have a disadvantage......regardless if its them lacking skill or a game issue!! 

There is still that 50% game issue which needs to be fixed by TC
"Hello darkness my old friend"

RaXcKs wrote:

If a player isn't skilled enough to be playing ranked, surely they shouldn't be playing it anyway? As far as the matchmaking goes, that's almost certainly a symptom of low population more than a bad algorithm. The only way to fix that is to get more players, and I doubt that's going to happen. So why not just improve the experience for the more hardcore that stay?  

I don't know about you, but the whole idea of playing ranked in my mind is to play in a team of good players, against a team of good players. I'd rather play against better players and get beaten than play against a team of people that quit when they start to lose. Nothing is worse than being the last person on a team after everyone else has quit.
They didn't make Bronze 1 for nothing. Ranked has to cater to ALL players, especially if it's going to entail a completely different ruleset and weapon tuning.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2