Crossplay Test Weekend Special Event -- CONCLUDED

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 68

This test has now concluded. Thanks to everyone who helped us trial Crossplay Versus for the first time! We'd love to hear your feedback in the thread. 

Hello Gears fans! 

The time has come for us to run a special test weekend event to trial Crossplay Versus in Gears of War 4. This test is being conducted to evaluate the potential of a more permanent Crossplay solution in the future to allow Windows 10 and Xbox One gamers to play together in Versus outside of Private Matches. 

Crossplay is divisive in any Versus experience, and Gears of War 4 is no different. From the beginning, we stated our intention to keep both platforms separate in non-cooperative game modes in order to preserve competitive balance. Conserving a fair, competitive environment remains a top priority for us. 

The purpose of this weekend is to give Crossplay a trial run in a public playlist. We care deeply about players on both platforms and we’ve heard you, so our goal is to use this event to bring in a ton of data and listen to feedback from players on both platforms to examine the results. 

What comes next after this hasn’t been decided – this weekend is an incredibly important first step in this process. Once we use the combination of our data and your feedback together, we’ll be able to make an informed next step (or not as the case may be). The key thing we want to stress is that we won’t be making any surprise changes all of a sudden based on this weekend. 

We need as many of you to participate as possible to make this a truly effective test. As a thank you for participating, we’ve increased the win / loss XP for match completion and allow squads of up to 5 players into this Social style playlist. Some of you may play this weekend and never match with another PC gamer. Others will. Regardless, we’d truly appreciate your feedback. 

The settings for this test are as follows: 

Playlist Settings 
PC and Xbox players can matchmake together in this special Versus Playlist from Friday December 2nd - Monday December 5th. 

Playlist Type: Social 
Modes: Team Deathmatch, Dodgeball, King of the Hill 
Maps: All (including Checkout and Dry Dock) 
Win XP: 1500 (up from 600) 
Loss XP: 750 (up from 100) 
Maximum Squad Size: 5 

Please do let us know your feedback by posting in this thread. Please tell us the Platform you play on and how you felt about the gameplay experience if you knowingly played with players on another platform. 

Even if you haven’t been in a match in Crossplay, we still want to hear your voice. Let us know your concerns or hopes for Crossplay Versus in this thread along with which platform you primarily play on. 

Thank you in advance for your feedback and time to help us perform this special test. 

The Coalition
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Finally!!!! I Have PC and haven't played for weeks as i cannot play versus with anyone but now thanks to crossplay i shall be playing again. Needs to definitely be a permanent feature!!!
Ah good, it's not happening on ranked so I don't have to worry about running into aim botters.  

Otherwise I hope it works for PC users
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch  
Current Giveaway: None  
Forum Lurker --- Embry Star Recipient
Dang, I won't be able to play this weekend. Hopefully everything goes well.
Blood. Sweat. Tears.  
Forum Editor Tips and Tricks  
Twitter Handles Every Gears Head Should Be Following  
Spoiler:
Show
Awesome! Can't wait! Thanks guys!
Follow me on Twitter!  
Subscribe to my channel!  
\\*// GEARS for life, chainsaws FOREVER! \\*//  
Xbox Ambassador/ Xbox support  
Gears of War Technical Help and Support
Thank God I don't play much Social lol. Good luck to all of those on X-Box One who participate.
Thank God I don't play much Social lol. Good luck to all of those on X-Box One who participate.
Will be interesting to see if any really do
Thanks for the notices TC Octus, good week.
FINALLY!! I hope this go good and TC implements full crossplay soon, PC players need it.
This will work if you keep it to a separate playlist..keep core and comp separate and just add cross play playlist (for ranked ) that way if u dont wanna play with pc pkayers (lot of cheaters) then u are not forced to...cuz if this ends up being a permanent thing and not in a separate list then i can see alot of ppl not wanting to play from the xbox side
Nice, can't wait to play with people like this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wApU_i6vLPs

We have been permanently banning anyone using stuff like this for some time now.
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
It's about time. I play on pc and my husband plays on the xbox one. Now it will give us the option to play together as before we were not allowed due to different platforms. It also give me a wider player base as I was almost always unable to find a match and would sit in the loading menus for 4-6 minutes before being booted back to the main menu. I hope it all goes well for everyone.
TC Octus wrote:

We have been permanently banning anyone using stuff like this for some time now.
Really? Awesome news :D
Thank you!!! Hey tryhard PC players!! Try not to tryhard! +^_^+ I'll try hard, but only cause i can barely keep 1.0 KDR anyway!!
Achievements and progress are nothing more then pixels on a screen, but a good match makes friends and memories+^_^+
This is a good start but the issue is that hardly anyone plays social play and it's still leaving pc players not being able to play ranked matches.  

A condensed playlist of ranked and competitive with crossplay but enforcing using a controller / 60fps 1080p and same fov would be great.
TC Octus wrote:

And keep doing so+^_^+
Achievements and progress are nothing more then pixels on a screen, but a good match makes friends and memories+^_^+
Sounds promising cant wait to try it
GOW 1250/1250  
GOW 2: \\☆// 1750/1750  
GOW 3: 400 \\☆// 2000/2000  
GOW UE:400 \\☆// 1250/1250  
GOW 4:1075 \\☆// 1330/1500  
COG: B.S Tai Kaliso  
LOCUST: B.S savage Kantus  
My first Gears of war 4 montage  
Don't act like children act like adults  
@Sadistey twitter
How this sounds like a good idea is beyond me, look at all the aim bot vids online, I encourage Xbox 1 users to stay clear, not our problem they play on PC, sorry it's true.  
There are clear reasons why console and pc multiplayer games aren't cross play, cheating is only a small part of those.
I thought cross-play was already a thing. I see people typing and chatting on the screen during core game mode gameplay on the Xbox One, not to mention, we've encountered some teams that move @ incredibly fast speeds, and can't seem to miss a headshot. I do love a challenge, but again, I thought cross-play was already a thing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 68