Gear In The Machine | Episode 1 Live Now!

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6

Hello Gears fans! 

We're always looking keep our fans informed on the game you love whenever we can. 

To help answer your burning questions and give you a true curtain-lifting look at the game, we grabbed Ryan Cleven (Multiplayer Design Director for Gears of War), a devkit, a camera plus a very temporary room to film in (studio renovations!) and got filming. 

The result is our new video series launching today called Gear In The Machine! This series will take you under-the-hood of Gears of War 4, combining developer only data with design commentary to deliver a never-before-seen level of insight into the mechanics of a Gears of War game. We hope you'll join us for the ride. On that note… 

EPISODE 1: GNASHER VS PERSPECTIVES 
In Episode 1, we explain how player perspective and intuitive design impact the mechanics of the Gnasher. Watch it below. 

We built this series for fans, so we'll be listening to your feedback, suggestions and questions to help guide future episode topics. Be sure to let us know what you want to see in future episodes, and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel (and turn on your alerts) to stay up to date with each episode we release. 
TC
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Thanks for the extra info! 
Edit: 
any comments on this shift in aiming dynamic could cause the seemingly "inconsistent" gnasher play that players are constantly railing on about? 

as in "omg this thing seems to have a mind of its own when I'm battling" which seems to be true when coupled with the latency that occurs during online play... 

since the other character isn't truly in this "adjusted" aim range on my screen despite the appearance of it, they would receive a different shot pattern
Biggest problems with Gears right now  
- horde map voting  
- afk/quitting players  
- $RNG

This post has been hidden.

Locust/Swarm fanboy and proud!  
Try to encourage new players, we were all new at one point.  
Please try to encourage less toxicity in the community, we all love gears.  
Blind praise and blind hate are equally useless.  
Epic are not coming back, get over it
actives are so op with gnasher
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER PLS: https://twitter.com/AyyLmaoTV  

Verified Youtuber: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUAVy2Kd0vAsu1D89y7ujg
Please do a video on split screen and answer a few questions. 

1). Why is the lettering so small it's virtually unreadable at any distance? 
2). Why is the field of view not more similar to Gears 3? 
3). Why does the audio for the second player bleed over to the first if both are using headsets? Directional sense is impossible when playing split screen. 
4). Why have no changes been made to split screen since launch even though many legitimate complaints have been vocalized?

Interesting. I see how having things change depending on different circumstances adds a more intuitive feel to the gnasher, but could that also be adding to some of the confusion people have? 

When your shot is constantly changing depending on your distance from your target, if you're using left trigger, whether you're walking or standing (or I'm assuming bouncing). I can see why people call the gnasher inconsistent. Because it's doing all these things depending on so many other things. 

Just my two cents. Also, does that mean somebody running up on you can gib you from a hipfire at a range that you could only down them with a wellplaced left trigger shot? I'm asking because technically their barrel shooting hipfire has their pellets coming out closer to your body than your left trigger shot (due to your pellets coming from behind you while theirs come from their barrel). 

Edit: 
I know in the video he demonstrated how at a close range, it will switch to barrel shooting on your left trigger, my question specifically is is there a sweet spot where blindfires can gib you but your aimed gun hasn't switched to barrel shooting yet. He didn't really go over such a scenario.

>We'll be listening to your feedback  
By feedback you mean only the eSports losers you keep kissing asses to.

You take literally any opportunity to have a go at TC, save it for when it's needed,

It's always needed cause they're playing you all like fools and your eating up all their lies and letting it continue.

You are making it sound like I am many people here love TC. I have lots of gripes with how gow 4 has panned out and how TC interacts but I don't go complaining at every possible opportunity.
So complaining about other people complaining makes things better? You're just making a endless cycle by doing that.

Let's keep the discussion in topic please, 
and constructive.  

Thank you.
Original Gears Freak and I live for the Gears Community! Hosting events since 2009.  
~ GearsFeed Community Nights ~ ~ Reaper Festival ~

~ Twitter ~ Youtube ~ Live Stream ~ ~ 2nd Community Spotlight ~
I hope to see this series continue, seeing the finer details on how certain mechanics function can only help when it comes to understanding the game.
I only hope that it solves the problems of the gnasher since it left the game update it and it does not improve at all
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6