With Series 2 cards now hitting the game (Title Update 3), we will be adjusting and changing some of the Gear packs which contain Series 2 cards. We will also be adjusting and changing all future premium content packs as well. You can find the changes below.
Horde and Versus Boosters - 400 credits or $.99
- We've seen some positive comments since we adjusted these values late last year and we are going to stay consistent with those changes.
Operations Packs - 800 Credits or $1.99 (Formerly 1000 Credits or $1.99)
- We have adjusted credit values to better align with Horde and Versus Booster values for Operations Packs.
Elite Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 3500 Credits or $4.99)
- We have brought the credit values significantly down on the Elite Packs to better align with the above packs. Players will now have an easier time obtaining these with credits. We have also re-tuned Elite Packs to offer better rewards and results.
Community Packs - 400 Credits or $.99
- These packs will stay at the current pricing for future events. These packs are similar to our Gearsmas packs.
eSports Packs - No Credit Value and $9.99
- These packs are meant to help benefit the eSports programs and our prize pools. We will continue to keep these at their current price point to help drive additional prize pool and event funding.
- Future Gears eSports City Supporter Packs will be getting tweaks. Three slots of the five card pack will now offer eSports Supporter Pack 2 Content related content. One slot will offer a potential Series 2 content card or emblem and the last slot will offer a weapon from the city pack. This helps offer more eSports content in these packs then before.
Feature Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 4400 Credits or $9.99)
- This one is the big change. Future Feature Packs will now have a much lower credit and dollar value cost. We are wanting to make sure these are obtainable by those in their limited availability windows. For reference, Feature Packs are packs that contain new content and sold in special packs (ie: UIR Packs were a Feature Pack)
We are also looking at future ways of bundling Feature Packs and Community Packs. For example, if you buy four Feature Packs for $19.99, you will receive one pack for free. We are hoping to have this ready in time for the next big content release.
We also saw a good amount of feedback regarding Feature Packs feeling a bit of a dud with emblems. We are going to make some improvements to emblem drops in these packs so players won't see multiple emblems in the same pack.
These changes will take affect with all new packs starting with the Series 2 release. For the time being, we plan on keeping existing packs at their old prices but we may tweak these in the future.
Thanks for all the feedback over the past few months. We will be the first to admit that we aren't always perfect and we aren't always going to nail things but the feedback (though harsh!) is incredibly valuable in helping shape the best possible system for everyone.