Gear Pack Changes [NOW LIVE]

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
Over the holiday break we received a good mountain of feedback from the community regarding pricing on our premium packs (specifically UIR packs). I mentioned during the break that we were going to have a sit down with our live operations and business teams who manage these items. We wanted to relay feedback from the community over from during the break. This meeting occurred and we have some changes that will be coming to Gear Packs. 

With Series 2 cards now hitting the game (Title Update 3), we will be adjusting and changing some of the Gear packs which contain Series 2 cards. We will also be adjusting and changing all future premium content packs as well. You can find the changes below. 

Horde and Versus Boosters - 400 credits or $.99 
- We've seen some positive comments since we adjusted these values late last year and we are going to stay consistent with those changes. 

Operations Packs - 800 Credits or $1.99 (Formerly 1000 Credits or $1.99) 
- We have adjusted credit values to better align with Horde and Versus Booster values for Operations Packs. 

Elite Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 3500 Credits or $4.99) 
- We have brought the credit values significantly down on the Elite Packs to better align with the above packs. Players will now have an easier time obtaining these with credits. We have also re-tuned Elite Packs to offer better rewards and results.  

Community Packs - 400 Credits or $.99 
- These packs will stay at the current pricing for future events. These packs are similar to our Gearsmas packs. 

eSports Packs - No Credit Value and $9.99 
- These packs are meant to help benefit the eSports programs and our prize pools. We will continue to keep these at their current price point to help drive additional prize pool and event funding. 
- Future Gears eSports City Supporter Packs will be getting tweaks. Three slots of the five card pack will now offer eSports Supporter Pack 2 Content related content. One slot will offer a potential Series 2 content card or emblem and the last slot will offer a weapon from the city pack. This helps offer more eSports content in these packs then before. 

Feature Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 4400 Credits or $9.99) 
- This one is the big change. Future Feature Packs will now have a much lower credit and dollar value cost. We are wanting to make sure these are obtainable by those in their limited availability windows. For reference, Feature Packs are packs that contain new content and sold in special packs (ie: UIR Packs were a Feature Pack) 

We are also looking at future ways of bundling Feature Packs and Community Packs. For example, if you buy four Feature Packs for $19.99, you will receive one pack for free. We are hoping to have this ready in time for the next big content release. 

We also saw a good amount of feedback regarding Feature Packs feeling a bit of a dud with emblems. We are going to make some improvements to emblem drops in these packs so players won't see multiple emblems in the same pack. 

These changes will take affect with all new packs starting with the Series 2 release. For the time being, we plan on keeping existing packs at their old prices but we may tweak these in the future. 

Thanks for all the feedback over the past few months. We will be the first to admit that we aren't always perfect and we aren't always going to nail things but the feedback (though harsh!) is incredibly valuable in helping shape the best possible system for everyone.
Communications Director for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for game news and updates!  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for studio updates!  
You can follow me on Twitter - @PezRadar
Improved adjustment and good work!!
I only ever buy horde booster packs since I care very little about cosmetic stuff. But it's good to hear you are listening to the community and applying changes accordingly.
Yes... All kinds of yes to this... WTG @Pez!!!
Thank god you guys listen to "some" feedback 4,400 was extremely over priced, 2,000 is much more reasonable
I can't believe i'm saying this... 

Good work TC.
works for me
Amazing changes to the packs here. Awesome to know all future featured packs will be 2,000 credits each, which is a fair price. I must say, the UIR fiasco was heavily argued on but look at it this way, it brought ALL of the community together which is a good thing. Sometimes providing harsh feedback is exactly what's needed to help with decision making. 

Anyhoo, looking forward to owning the new characters and weapon skins! Zombie Minh is back from the dead! RAAM should be scared now!
Ex-Community Reaper Weeks 22-24 | Contest Winner Of Funniest Moments Thread! 
My Twitter = @I_AM_V3NGFUL 
Looking to join a Horde Club? Request an invite HERE 
Gears of War 4 Re-Up 10 reached 1/1/17 | Thanks III LYCAN III for Dark Omen Gnasher!
I have to say all these price and credit points seem very fair.
Who's the carpenter over at TC who gave us 9 different wood skins that all look the same? SCRAPPP
Fantastic, cannot wait to get this update and play Blood Drive.
I am not the best Gears of War player, but I like to think I'm the smartest...some of the time.  

Click here if you fancy checking out my YouTube music channel.
Some decent changes, especially adjusting emblem drop rates for the feature packs
Good changes. The lower values seem a lot more reasonable.
Thank you TC...... this looks better now :) 

But would still like to see other RTJ type air drops that contain everything
"Hello darkness my old friend"
I care little for skins, but this still gets a huge thumbs up from me. 

Great voice from the community, great listening and action by TC, beautiful!
Is it true that the Medic Gear is out now? He can be crafted or recieved from a normal Horde pack?
Great news! I love the new maps aswell. Clocktower is looking really good! 

I also really love the look of the Gear corpse skins!
Today people like to be offended, it's a way to be part of a minority group and get the attention they need. 
Homage to Delta Squad trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i845BlQxeTk 
Bring on the people complaining and demanding refunds because they wasted money/credits on the old UIR pricing lol
Is it true that the Medic Gear is out now? He can be crafted or recieved from a normal Horde pack?
Yes, but not available right now. After the update goes live in 2 hours, you will have to wait for TC to confirm that the new skins are live.
Today people like to be offended, it's a way to be part of a minority group and get the attention they need. 
Homage to Delta Squad trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i845BlQxeTk 
Excellent job TC. This is some major negotiating and I think you are being very reasonable with these prices. Can't wait for the TU3!
Nicely done.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17