Gears of War 4 Coming to Xbox One X!

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6

Hey Gears fans! 

We hope you're enjoying all the news coming out of E3. We're excited to be part of the E3 madness to announce that Gears of War 4 will be enhanced on Xbox One X - and all for free for existing users who pick up the new console. If you already own Gears of War 4, you'll be upgraded when you play the game on Xbox One X for no extra cost. 

Head on over to our announcement post for info on the new visual and audio technology coming to Gears of War 4 on Xbox One X.
Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears 
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio. 
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
It says dolby atmos receivers but does it work for dolby atmos soundbars? Such as lg's sj9 5.1.2 soundbar?
GOW 1250/1250 
GOW 2: \\☆// 1750/1750 
GOW 3: 400 \\☆// 2000/2000 
GOW UE:400 \\☆// 1250/1250 
GOW 4:1000 \\☆// 1000/1000 
cog: classic dom 
locust/swarm: general raam 
My first Gears of war 4 montage 
Don't act like children act like adults 

@Sadistey twitter

This post has been hidden.

This post has been hidden.

Awesome, looking forward to playing Gears on the One X! And hopefully soon after on my very own 4K TV.
Blood, guts, and glory its Gears!  
Passionate Torque Bow hater!  
An active damage boost in a competitive multiplayer game is just silly.  
Like it or not Judgment dose indeed count. 
Will there even be people still playing this game on November 7th?
👍 ONYX GUARD FOR GEARS 4 👍 

Add the Onyx Guard, ADD HIM. Or her.
Will there even be people still playing this game on November 7th?
There's still a small but dedicated player base playing Gears 3 so yeah Gears 4 is going to be fine until Gears 5.
Was anyone expecting a "cost" to come with the upgrade? Isn't that what $499 should get a man at the least?
Was anyone expecting a "cost" to come with the upgrade? Isn't that what $499 should get a man at the least?
The update is free, it says on the picture.
It's kinda ridiculous you can't have it stay at native 1080p so you can do Campaign/Horde at 60FPS. With the power of the GPU, it's a shame, you should have the option like on most PS4 Pro games, rather than it just be chosen for you. Most X1 gamers I'm sure are gonna be expecting 60FPS for both those modes. It seems like such a weird and silly decision. It is in line with a lot of TC's other decisions with GOW4 so far though.
On a vifeo Rod sai horde and campaign will still be 30 fps, can this change? Horde would be so much better at 60 fps. With all the power of the xbox oneX, i feel like this would be very possisble. Please make it happen TC! Thanks!
Will it cross play with the x1?  

On a different note, I thought the next console was gonna be the Scorpio?
Seriously 4.0 achieved - 18/2/17
BigStu4q wrote:
Will it cross play with the x1?  

On a different note, I thought the next console was gonna be the Scorpio?
It doesn't need to "cross" play with the Xbox One, it's still natively the same game and player base. The Xbox One X is just an Xbox One with more powerful components allowing better graphics settings, just like the PS4 Pro is an upgraded PS4. Just imagine playing Gears 4 on your PC, then putting a new graphics card and more RAM in it and going back on Gears and enabling higher graphics options. Same game with the same players, it just looks nicer. 

The Scorpio is the Xbox One X. "Scorpio" was the codename.
30fps laziness
XtraTrstrL wrote:
It's kinda ridiculous you can't have it stay at native 1080p so you can do Campaign/Horde at 60FPS. With the power of the GPU, it's a shame, you should have the option like on most PS4 Pro games, rather than it just be chosen for you. Most X1 gamers I'm sure are gonna be expecting 60FPS for both those modes. It seems like such a weird and silly decision. It is in line with a lot of TC's other decisions with GOW4 so far though.
Totally agree. Gears 5 had better be 60fps in all modes. As a side I was very disappointed with the entire MS pitch.
Nope ,stayin with my good ol classic xbone :)
how modest of u guys that the update is for free for gow4 owners. 
six(6)👍🏻👍🏼👍👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿 

ey how u reconize a good player in gears of war multiplayer? 
30fps laziness
How so? 

Oh wait, you're trolling. Gotcha :) 

The 4k patch is nice but I almost expect to have a lot of problems such as not being able to be downloadable, causing stuttering, texture popping etc. After a month or so, it'll be fixed but by then, most will have moved on. For me, I play on PC in 4k so it's rather meaningless.
I think Xbox is just trying to market the new X like this everywhere. "Buy the console, all your games will be refreshed for no more additional cost!". 

It would be despicable for any X1X game to actually charge for these updates. They're just saying to not worry about any additional costs to start using the X1X even though it's obvious unless the company is owned by Satan themself.
Well that's massively disappointing. I was expecting to be able to play Gears 4 at 1080p/60fps. 

My excitement for Xbox One X has just taken a nose dive. So my budget gaming PC will play Gears 4 in 1080p/60fps no problem at all but Microsofts new monster console can't? 

Pathetic.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6