Gears of War 4 January Update - Out Now!

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6

Our latest Update for Gears of War 4 is out now featuring new Gear Packs, updates to prepare for Ranked Season 3, improvements to the Heavy Class and more. 

Head to our Community Blog for all the info including the first details on our next Gear Pack and a list of things we're working on!
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Glad to see that anthony and ben have different dialogue now, and that the carmines will say their legacy lines more
"COME ON BABY DIE FOR PAPA!" - Carmine 2006-2018  

1. Gears 3 is my favorite <3  
2. Gears 2 & 4 are tied for second favorite  
3. Gears 1/UE is my third favorite  
4. JUDGMENT WAS A MISTAKE!  

• Anthony and Ben Carmine now have almost entirely seperate dialogue in MP to keep their personalities distinct
  • Anthony, Ben and Clayton Carmine will now say their legacy dialogue more often

definitely looking forward to this
I think putting the update out 24 hours before the contents are implemented is a good idea, gives people more chance to update and get straight into things when the changes are actually live. Glad to hear QoS is being discussed internally, even if no changes yet. Basically in Europe you are lucky to find anything bar TDM and KotH even at supposed peak times.
Any chance of getting the weapon skin from the last osok event that I'm still waiting on?
Seriously 4.0 achieved - 18/2/17  
Solo inconcievable campaign 14/8/17
Stoked for the new update. Even more stoked about those Scion skins. Thank you TC!
Yes! Thanks TC, now I can hear more of Clayton's OG dialogues.
"Good thing I wear a helmet."  
"Ooooh Bacon"  
Clayton Carmine  

Cog: Black Steel Clayton Carmine/Black Steel Kait/Black Steel Bernie/Black Steel Marcus  

Swarm/Locust: Black Steel Locust Grenadier Elite/Black Steel Scion/ Black Steel RAAM
Did you restore factory settings or something? Just updated and logged in, all my cards registered as new, my controller set up is back at default
Seriously 4.0 achieved - 18/2/17  
Solo inconcievable campaign 14/8/17
Nice TC, thank you.
I never bring those cards as heavy anyway but thx for continuing to support the game much appreciated
On my Xbox One, the update seem to freeze at 11%. 
Since 15 min, no move, no close, just staying at 11%...  

Bug ?
Just a french fan of Gears...
Solid update for this far into the game’s lifecycle. Did I miss the feature pack announcement for this month? I assume one is coming after the community pack. 

I highly support the idea to guarantee the community character in a mega pack.
Scion tho, thats cool. Looks like this should shake some things up.
| My YouTube channel: AhMaZe RaNgeR| Be sure to follow me on Twitter for news @AhMaZeRaNgeR | Watch me on Twitch | Gears Forum Community Events Host. News www.gfce.weebly.com
I expect that after this update all south americans, europeans, asians, africans and oceanics will be able to find matches quickly.
Just curious how can you tell if the card's new effect works because when you look at the cards after the update they still look the same?
Obtained Seriously 3.0 7/24/12 Gears freak since '09  

Obtained Seriously 4.0 12/23/16  

100% achievement progress through all Gears
I don't even use the swarm anymore since all these locust were released I'm a gears 1 - 3 fanatic so Raam, Scorge and Armored Kantus are my "Swarm loadout"
Furyan76 wrote:
On my Xbox One, the update seem to freeze at 11%.  
Since 15 min, no move, no close, just staying at 11%...  

Bug ?
Unlocked with time... Just wait.
Just a french fan of Gears...
All in all a good sounding update.  

About kill trades, is there a reason the "zero millisecond trade window" is only being "tested" on Competitive playlists? 

I take that to mean ranked Competitive playlists, is that correct?
Simply Irresistible
Nice to see you guys are still supporting the game, you could be less focused on skins and packs, but whatever. 

Re QoS, dudes its not the long mm times thats the major issue, its that the games all play like crap and have people jumping out of region, just to play with local players . This is at peak times as well. Local.players using McDonalds WiFi get in games with people sitting under 10ms in game ping when you DO get local servers. its just broken. 
If you don't fix that fixing kill trades is virtually pointless. 

Maybe try less focus on quantity of games and try and focus on quality of games instead. 
I'd rather wait forever If I knew it would get me a good game. 

Well.i guess you are trying still and I do appreciate that. But c'mon guys
Day 1, Gears 1, OG veteran.  
Oldschool Gnasher whore and long time forum rabble rouser.
Does the TC plan to do anything about those of use with a stable connection to the "servers" getting shafted by those who do not?  

People are not missing their shots - the client isn't accurately predicting where people with unstable connections will be so you shoot and hit them, but you really you didn't because they weren't there.
Cogs of Conflict 5 : Jaun's Revenge
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6