Gears of War 4's First Birthday!

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6

Update: 10/11 @ 10:00am PDT 
Even more announcements! Enjoy 4XP until October 12th at 10am PDT plus more! Check out the full news on our Community Blog. 

Original Post 
To celebrate a year of Gears of War 4 and our amazing community, we're kicking off the celebrations today in advance of our 'true' first birthday on October 11th! Head to our Community Blog for all the details. 

We remember this time a year ago vividly. On little sleep but fueled by excitement and enough coffee to sink a boat, we watched Gears of War 4 Early Access slowly roll out around the world. People were finally playing OUR game in the comfort of their own homes - something that, only a year before that, had felt so far away. It was a proud, surreal and highly-anticipated moment for everyone in the studio to see the next chapter of Gears of War, built by us here at The Coalition, now out in the hands of Gears fans. 

Since then, we've continued to support Gears of War 4 with extensive updates, new features, quality of life improvements and fine tuning. We've listened, we've learned and we've worked hard to build on the foundation we established back in October 2016. Why? Because of you - our fans. 

While we sometimes wince reading your comments or responses, we know it all stems from a passion. A passion for a game you love to play. A passion for us to have the best game possible. A passion for Gears. To have that passion for a game that hundreds of people poured so much love and hard work into means the world to us. We are all Brothers To The End. 

Once more from all of us at The Coalition, thank you for your dedication, passion and support of our game. 

TC
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Thanks Octus. I REALLY REALLY like Gow 4. Sure there are times like, what is going on? But, I look towards the positive. Keep up the good work. Not all of is are TC bashers.
Gears 4 has been a great game for me. The Golden Gear and the new Gold weapon skins are really nice too. So thanks for that, TC. 
I live in Australia though and the matchmaking is currently pretty bad. I think if a game cant be found after 10 mins, then a new game filled with bots should be created, until other nearby Gears players fill up those spots. Staring at a game search screen for 20+ minutes sucks.
TC Octus wrote:

To celebrate a year of Gears of War 4 and our amazing community, we're kicking off the celebrations today in advance of our 'true' first birthday on October 11th! Head to our Community Blog for all the details.  

We remember this time a year ago vividly. On little sleep but fueled by excitement and enough coffee to sink a boat, we watched Gears of War 4 Early Access slowly roll out around the world. People were finally playing OUR game in the comfort of their own homes - something that, only a year before that, had felt so far away. It was a proud, surreal and highly-anticipated moment for everyone in the studio to see the next chapter of Gears of War, built by us here at The Coalition, now out in the hands of Gears fans.  

Since then, we've continued to support Gears of War 4 with extensive updates, new features, quality of life improvements and fine tuning. We've listened, we've learned and we've worked hard to build on the foundation we established back in October 2016. Why? Because of you - our fans.  

While we sometimes wince reading your comments or responses, we know it all stems from a passion. A passion for a game you love to play. A passion for us to have the best game possible. A passion for Gears. To have that passion for a game that hundreds of people poured so much love and hard work into means the world to us. We are all Brothers To The End.  

Once more from all of us at The Coalition, thank you for your dedication, passion and support of our game.  

TC
This paragraph is very important...I've tried to make the same point over and over, but in all fairness, a lot of the backlash Gears 4 has gotten feels well deserved.
When Hope Runs Deep, you depend on your Brothers to the End, you Trust your Guts, and you Never Fight Alone.  
I'm writing a Book Series! Website Hub Here! Please let me know if you find any problems on Here/Xbox! Very much appreciated!
Lets hope next week we get delta
the golden rule: take cover or die
Lets hope next week we get delta
Possible, but I don't think so.
When Hope Runs Deep, you depend on your Brothers to the End, you Trust your Guts, and you Never Fight Alone.  
I'm writing a Book Series! Website Hub Here! Please let me know if you find any problems on Here/Xbox! Very much appreciated!
I realize that I have said a few negative things about the development phase of Gears 4, but understand that none were to bash TC or the development team, but rather frustration over development decisions. And I have said positive stuff too. 

And there are definite points of Gears 4 that I prefer over older Gears. I liked the campaign, and could say it may have been the best if it wasn't for overly repetitive and linear gameplay. I could say the same for Horde. Have you forgotten about bringing Anything Goes to Public or is it not possible? 

Though I think that will change. While we're at the campaign, take this feedback saying that we should be able to pick any of the three new characters in future Gears! It's an ideal solution for not wanting to play as JD(all the time) and everyone would benefit.
Kait as main character for Gears 5/6  

We've had Fenix for four games now. It's about time for a change. Bunch of ideas in this link.  

There's no guarantee that Kait will lead the Swarm.
Please delete this post. Forgot to quote the author. My real post is below
Gears fanatic since e-day.  

Are you a horde player? My team stopped playing and I'm looking for a new squad.  

Looking for older, mature and relaxed people to join up to have some fun on horde. Would be down for some vs too.
TC Octus wrote:
We've listened, we've learned
I beg to differ. You've selectively listened and I don't believe you've learned at all.  

We said we hated recycled launch maps the first time you did it, and you kept doing it. That isn't listening or learning.  

That, unfortunately is just one example in a long line of not listening nor learning.  

I do love gears 4, it's just a missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned, due to all the issues the game has had and still has to this day. 

I hope you guys knock gears 5 out of the park though, as you could easily do so, if you fix all the mistakes from gears 4. 

Hoping you've actually listened for gears 5....:)
Gears fanatic since e-day.  

Are you a horde player? My team stopped playing and I'm looking for a new squad.  

Looking for older, mature and relaxed people to join up to have some fun on horde. Would be down for some vs too.
Happy 1 year anniversary. It’s been a bumpy road at times, but dang, I’ve had a blast playing through most of it.  

Wish in some ways the game would go back to how it played a year ago. Appreciate the continued quest to improve the game though. While misguided at times, or so it appears, it’s obvious TC keeps trying things to create a better product.
Love how people are coming out and saying they never bashed TC lol yeah ok
Crazy 1st year but things are looking up for gow. Loads of progress made
| My YouTube channel: AhMaZe RaNgeR| Be sure to follow me on Twitter for news @AhMaZeRaNgeR | Watch me on Twitch | Gears Forum Community Events Host. News www.gfce.weebly.com
You know, it's definitely been a rough ride for the first year. Could it have been better? Sure, but it could also have been worse. 

They're obviously aware of where they've gone wrong and what they've done right, so while we won't now see much needed fixes in Gears 4, we have to hope that TC do their utmost to resolve these during development of Gears 5.

This post has been hidden.

Only 1 character? Why not at least include Onyx Guard? Simplest addition ever. Just turn the same damn skin all black.
If they half-assed Onyx Guard like that his fans would be rightly pissed.

This post has been hidden.

question: DobleXP is available for all play modes? i mean horde private also will offer dobleXP?
I am generally pleased with the game, of course I hate RNG and you can fix it, just make the odds much more in our favor, also add some real, special value to Season Pass, something really unique to show off if you're a SP owner plus constant XP and credits boost, fix matchmaking to actually keep ppl in their respective regions and make modes like KOTGnasher permanent, you could add OSOK too, make more characters and weapon skins unlockable ONLY through completing certain challenges and stop messing with the Shotgun.  

Other than that, keep up the good job TC!! ♥️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
a.k.a. KiLLER UZi  
>> My Youtube - jus_killah <<  
BX stand up!  
Crazy 1st year but things are looking up for gow. Loads of progress made
DOWN* 
*NO PROGRESS*
TC just put the RNG system on the Map Rotation
Tr0pp0 wrote:
question: DobleXP is available for all play modes? i mean horde private also will offer dobleXP?
Yup!
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6