LIVE NOW: Anything Goes Enhanced Loot

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4

We've had great feedback on Anything Goes from the Horde community, and we're excited to bring a new twist to our random Horde Wave event. 

This month, you'll be battling both the elements and the Horde on Reclaimed Windflare! Additionallly, two difficulty levels will be available for players to let you pick the challenge you want - Insane (Standard) and Normal (Ironman). Choose which difficulty you prefer by toggling Ironman On or Off. 

This playlist also has Enhanced Loot Drops, with this month's event focusing on the Rise of the Horde Skill collection. In case you don't know, Loot Drops occur after defeating a boss at Wave 30, 40 and 50. In this playlist, Skill Loot Drops of Rare or above will be a guaranteed Rise of the Hode Skill Card! 

We've also increased the chance of finding Epic Skill Cards in this playlist, with as high as a 25% chance on Insane difficulty. If you're chasing the best Loot Drop chances, Insane is the way to go - but for players looking for a less intense challenge, Normal Ironman still provides a great way to build up your Rise of the Horde skill collection. 

Try it now under the Horde Matchmaking Menu! Enhanced Loot Drops are enabled until Friday 28th July. The playlist will be available until our Horde event next month. 

*NOTE* Thanks to community reports, we have identified and fixed a bug that impacted some tuning in the previous Anything Goes playlist. This is now resolved in time for Anything Goes with Enhanced Loot Drops.
Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
Cool. I'll be looking forward to completing my collection. Just need 1 more card.
Neat, I'll chase some of the new cards I don't have yet. Be a good way to earn up some credits as well. Thanks and I look forward to the Horde event next month.
Well.. Let's see If I finally get my hands on that pesky " Steady Hand" card. That's the only one I don't have. " Crossing My Steady Fingers" .
Listen Here to my Metal Version of the Song "Gears Keep Turning". The main theme from the GOW3 Soundtrack  

The Artist formerly known as Barrick Cigars Inc.  
Great!! THANKS!!!!
So a Re Skin of another Horde Event. TC loves to Re Skin maps and characters and then say its a new thing. It's the same event just with better loot. Just like when they released Feral Horde again a couple of months ago. Are they not capable of being creative and fresh. The thing that bothers me the most as all Horde special events is that it is on 1 map. Most of us already played Horde on the Reclaimed Wind Flare map for a whole week during the Developer's Playlist. The event is going to be up for a month, not the special loot which will be active for a week. There is only a limited amount of times we can play the same map over and over in a month until it gets boring and repetitive. Is TC not able to make special events that run on multiple maps. I do like that they let us play it on multiple difficulties though.

This post has been hidden.

I think it's great that they are trying to make the boss cards meaningful... how they were before they were completely useless, and insulting... I think those cards should be at least rare, with a realistic chance of an epic, with odds changing based on difficulty level...  

But I think this is a great step in the right direction...  

Yes, I'm not crazy about the single map, but if we look at this as a trial balloon, that's fine.... Hopefully next TU will expand this to other maps, and they'll tweak the cards odds based on what happens here.  

Overall, a reasonable trial thing, I think. Not AWESOME, but not bad either... i'll be playing this, for sure...
ok finished one run on insane got 1 green and 2 rare and no epics 

decoy cost - called shot - assault rifle accuracy
2 green, 1 rare on Insane.... 

Just guarantee a rare or better on inconceivable difficulty. Or do rise of the horde only boxes for 800 credits. 

Otherwise, the whole rise of the horde launch has been a letdown for me because I STILL haven't got any epic soldier skills.
SHINTOK17 wrote:
So a Re Skin of another Horde Event. TC loves to Re Skin maps and characters and then say its a new thing. It's the same event just with better loot. Just like when they released Feral Horde again a couple of months ago. Are they not capable of being creative and fresh. The thing that bothers me the most as all Horde special events is that it is on 1 map. Most of us already played Horde on the Reclaimed Wind Flare map for a whole week during the Developer's Playlist. The event is going to be up for a month, not the special loot which will be active for a week. There is only a limited amount of times we can play the same map over and over in a month until it gets boring and repetitive. Is TC not able to make special events that run on multiple maps. I do like that they let us play it on multiple difficulties though.
^^ This. That's why I stopped playing " Anything Goes" when I found out It was gonna be available to play on Harbor only. Reclaimed was a nice addition but again, got tired of playing both maps. Now you do it again. Just one map. Ohh Wait!! It's the new Windy and Lightning Strike map. Like that makes it any different. NO.. It doesn't make any different. It's just ONE FRIGGING MAP. 

As I've stated back when Anything Goes came out. " Don't you People (TC Devs) GET IT ALREADY??" . This is it!!.. No more Sandbox testing. statistic and feedback gathering period is needed. This is the way to Horde 3.0 should've been designed from the get go. Forget the " One Regular/ One Feral " wave switch game mode. It has become predictable also. Anything Goes needs to be the " New Normal" in Horde. Octus.. I know you have your hands full and then some after Pez left. It seems like you're the only guy in the studio working his butt off. I could be wrong. But from my view and my perspective. Seems like " Lazyness" is The New Normal in TC. I'll be more than happy if you can prove me wrong.
Listen Here to my Metal Version of the Song "Gears Keep Turning". The main theme from the GOW3 Soundtrack  

The Artist formerly known as Barrick Cigars Inc.  
One run on Insane so far for two commons and a rare - Steady Hand may still be a long time coming for me...
"You jacked a grub barge? Damn Marcus, you got some hangers on ya"!
Good event Horde 👍👏
But what if crazy and like doing Insane Ironman?
-------thesuicidefox-------  
youtube | twitter | twitch | xbox  

All maps, all weapons in one place!
green & blue cards... not what I was expecting.
Hey TC this is where you f*cked up, you see, its not a new event its the same crappy one that no one likes, second, why not have this as a permanent thing? The guaranteed epic thing? No? Alright have fun losing your fans. Idiots...
So this event is just like your RNG packs rigged and random. Even if you complete all 50 waves all you get is common and Rare but no Epic skill. So you changed the drop rate from 1% to 25% seriously. There is no incentive to play this damn event since its based on chance not completion.
Did one run on insane, 2 greens and 1 blue.... lol greens shouldn't even exist when doing this high of difficulty... whatever I guess. Not doing another match of that playlist, I'll spare myself the headache.
They certainly toned down the difficulty. Hardcore anything goes was much more challenging than this. Color me disappointed🙁
Micharu wrote:
ok finished one run on insane got 1 green and 2 rare and no epics  

decoy cost - called shot - assault rifle accuracy
Likewise I got 2 greens. One on wave 30 and then 40. Didn't get to wave 50 as we had a player afk for 25mins at wave 47, one enemy was left also so we were stuck! 
Incidentally. Managing to get games on this mode, still no luck with any other Horde games. Makes no sense.  

Also people quitting, I understand the problem, but quitting when you have scout and engineer??? You know what map you are getting!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4