New horde players are just awful or uninformed

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3

When I play Heavy, I would like to trade my Boomshot with someone so two people could commit suicide.  
But instead, I'd have the Scout tailing me sometimes and either shooting at me or melee'ing.  
Or the Soldier who's planting Grenades, but Scout is impatient and does the same as above  
selfish - (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for other people; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.
I can't understand the impatients of some scouts when I am planting grenades before the the engi has even reached the fab. Recently I had a scout screaming at me to kill myself while I was planting grenades while the engi was picking up the fab and moving it into position. It took me 20 second to plant my grenades and the engi hadn't even reached where they were going to deploy the fab but the scout kept at me. As far as I am concerned the whole killing yourself is between you and the engi and when I am playing scout I am not going to melee or shoot you until you do because (IMO) its just bad sport to come at a player like that.

When I play Heavy, I would like to trade my Boomshot with someone so two people could commit suicide.  
But instead, I'd have the Scout tailing me sometimes and either shooting at me or melee'ing.  
Or the Soldier who's planting Grenades, but Scout is impatient and does the same as above  
selfish - (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for other people; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

I can't understand the impatients of some scouts when I am planting grenades before the the engi has even reached the fab. Recently I had a scout screaming at me to kill myself while I was planting grenades while the engi was picking up the fab and moving it into position. It took me 20 second to plant my grenades and the engi hadn't even reached where they were going to deploy the fab but the scout kept at me. As far as I am concerned the whole killing yourself is between you and the engi and when I am playing scout I am not going to melee or shoot you until you do because (IMO) its just bad sport to come at a player like that.
Perhaps some people find it very annoying that soldiers run all over the map planting grenades, turning it into a darn minefield. As if you need to have every kill on the initial wave. You're essentially hijacking the match because the engineer won't drop the fab until you kill yourself.  

I usually wait until you guys plant all your grenades, then I quit. Impatience, you're right about that.

Perhaps some people find it very annoying that soldiers run all over the map planting grenades, turning it into a darn minefield. As if you need to have every kill on the initial wave. You're essentially hijacking the match because the engineer won't drop the fab until you kill yourself.  

I usually wait until you guys plant all your grenades, then I quit.
I am not planting them all over the map. I am planting them within range of the base besides while the fab is being moved is the perfect time to plant grenades and when I kill myself and am respawned when the fab is deployed I have another 9 to use during round one. I make sure I am dead well before the engi has even gotten the fab to whatever location they want to use so no I am not holding up the match.

I usually wait until you guys plant all your grenades, then I quit. Impatience, you're right about that.
Then get reported!

ExcaIibur wrote:
I haven't really played much horde on Gears 4, I find it one of the biggest boring grinds there is in a game.  

I hadn't been on Gears for some time, however I thought I'd try out the horde mania event, because I thought it would be quicker... it wasn't, it was still an bore fest. To top it off, I was carrying the team as an heavy (my level seems to be stuck on 9 since the game came out and all other characters are zero or one still), and we finally get to wave 25 and my team completely sucked. They had no clue on how to defeat the boss wave.  

Bearing in mind, this is on normal... NORMAL. Then 2 of them quit and that was pretty much the end of that, uncompleted.  

That's when I knew why I stopped playing this game again.

(Not being condescending). If you mostly played on casual or normal, your class level would rise very slowly. The class xp was 40% of the regular xp (ribbons didn't/don't count). Now it's 80% (permanent 2x class xp). If I remember correctly it takes 200k class xp to fully level one.
Yeah I know, but I normally play solo, so I'm not in a team to play it on insane... which obviously makes it easier. However I don't think it helps that its such a grind to level up your class. New people to the game will be put off by it mostly. 

I think it should be much easier to level up classes and cards. Who has that amount of time to spend grinding on horde? Not many.

ExcaIibur wrote:

ExcaIibur wrote:
I haven't really played much horde on Gears 4, I find it one of the biggest boring grinds there is in a game.  

I hadn't been on Gears for some time, however I thought I'd try out the horde mania event, because I thought it would be quicker... it wasn't, it was still an bore fest. To top it off, I was carrying the team as an heavy (my level seems to be stuck on 9 since the game came out and all other characters are zero or one still), and we finally get to wave 25 and my team completely sucked. They had no clue on how to defeat the boss wave.  

Bearing in mind, this is on normal... NORMAL. Then 2 of them quit and that was pretty much the end of that, uncompleted.  

It's boring and filled with noobs because you're playing on normal. lol

I played on normal because when I use to try on insane, people would quit early on.  

Obviously it would help if I had people to team up with, but I don't anymore. Most people I knew didn't like Gears 4 and stopped playing it altogether.  

However I still think I would find it boring, its so slow paced, Gears 3 horde is still better.

If you are a skilled player overall, stay off Normal. If you are still learning what exactly to do in Horde 3.0 , hop onto YouTube and look into what each class should do. In reference to your title, I'd take a new player who is willing to learn and listen over a seasoned player who cannot/will not adapt. That is not a jab at you personally, just the title.
I do have a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career of playing Gears. 

Seriously though I'm more of a pvp person when it comes to Gears, I find Horde 3.0 samey, grindy and slow paced. 

You are right about people not adapting to change, most cant or wont do it.

1) Have you ever played a Grenadier Build on Soldier? 

2) Soldier has two Epic Grenade Skills: Resupply and Siphon. 

3) Grenadier Build takes the longest time to develop and max out. 

4) Playing Grenadier is the most strategical play style known to Soldiers. 

5) Grenade Plants synergies with Siphon = More Power for Engineer from Wave 1. 

6) Planting Grenades before Wave 1 and Suicide = More Damage and spawn with another 8 Grenades. 

7) Heavies with Dropshots, Snipers with Explosive Headshots and Strikes, Engineers with Sentries can potentially outscore and over-kill than Soldiers on later Waves. If Soldiers could excel with most kills earlier on, that would be much appreciated. 

8) Engineers may be okay with Soldiers planting Grenades. 

9) Soldiers cannot hijack the match, the only people who hijack the match are Engie/Scout quitters from Wave 1.

6) Planting Grenades before Wave 1 and Suicide = More Damage and spawn with another 8 Grenades.  

7) Heavies with Dropshots, Snipers with Explosive Headshots and Strikes, Engineers with Sentries can potentially outscore and over-kill than Soldiers on later Waves. If Soldiers could excel with most kills earlier on, that would be much appreciated.  

9) Soldiers cannot hijack the match, the only people who hijack the match are Engie/Scout quitters from Wave 1.
They can't even read the Poster's info. And saying they are impatient, but wait till the Soldier plants, and then quits is seriously FUBAR.
I need to be a high level player but I can't get to my true level (ping, carrying, idiots, blah), so I go as part of a Stacked team with mics against solos to get where I truly belong, at the top.  

I am all, but what am I?
After this evening's wave 25 fail..... I'm very happy that I already have both skins. What a damn gong-show. LFG may be in my near future. I got wings on pubs so nothing left to "prove" if that even means anything. I won't call the player out as they are only re up 3 but I honestly could not tell if it was trolling or just that damn dim. The late Mortar to drain the fab indicates likely troll.... Shellshocked. Ha.
Trust but Verify.  

Stop paying for packs.  
Start paying attention.  

I am a casual-scrub-noob who cannot even wall bounce. Despite these dibilitating issues I do quite well!
After this evening's wave 25 fail..... I'm very happy that I already have both skins. What a damn gong-show. LFG may be in my near future. I got wings on pubs so nothing left to "prove" if that even means anything. I won't call the player out as they are only re up 3 but I honestly could not tell if it was trolling or just that damn dim. The late Mortar to drain the fab indicates likely troll.... Shellshocked. Ha.
When the White Soldier moves the Fab from your placement (near where you will be working esp important with so little 'safe time') and takes it waaaaaay back, and buys at least 3 barriers, you know it's time to go. Had crap all night. Even had the wrong Bounty, so I got 6mm of XP.
I need to be a high level player but I can't get to my true level (ping, carrying, idiots, blah), so I go as part of a Stacked team with mics against solos to get where I truly belong, at the top.  

I am all, but what am I?

This post has been hidden.

This post has been hidden.

Trust but Verify.  

Stop paying for packs.  
Start paying attention.  

I am a casual-scrub-noob who cannot even wall bounce. Despite these dibilitating issues I do quite well!

Bare in mind, some Heavies don't want to see your own Weapon Skin.  
When we see Dropshots that belongs to our currently equipped Skin, then we automatically assume it's ours.
That reminds me of a game a couple of weeks ago: me and a mate of mine were playing on public. I don't even remember which class I was, but I do remember that my mate was scout. He was trying to help out the heavy by picking up dropshots and putting them in the fabricator. Only problem: he had DotD skins on and the heavy didn't like the pink colour. He was bashing against the weapon lockers for like three minutes and then decided to leave. We couldn't stop laughing about it. 

While I love the horde events, the amount of unskilled people that decide to play it is highly frustrating. I could deal with versus players going for the skins, but there are so many new players trying to play on insane. Last night I had some time to try the new event out and got lucky that the first game only contained skilled people. It was easy. Every game after that was a disaster, due to people who didn't had a clue what to do. They also seem to fancy the vital roles of horde, meaning the game gets ruined fairly quickly. The last game I tried I was playing as engi with three first-reups and a second-wing scout. We were able to carry the team, but on wave 10 we suffered quite the damage from a snatcher. It was a close one so most of the base ended up being destroyed. The next wave I started buying new wires to build up the base until the soldier, first reup, decided to help me out and began buying wires as well. I thought that ***** on insane and inconceivable ended months ago so I quit straight away. I'm not going to deal with that any more. 

TC really needs to put a barrier for new people on higher modes, so they can get some useful experiences on the lower ones first preventing them from making serious errors and ruining it for the skilled players as well. When I started with Gears 4, I began on hardcore, playing soldier for watching how people played the roles of engineer and scout. Anyone who is new shouldn't be allowed to go insane or inconceivable straight away. Perhaps it's something for Gears 5, hopefully TC understands that.

They can't even read the Poster's info. And saying they are impatient, but wait till the Soldier plants, and then quits is seriously FUBAR.
In my opinion, the soldier has the time to plant the grenades till the fabricator has been deployed. He doesn't even necessarily have to plant nine grenades straight away, but blow himself up after the sixth/seventh one then plant the others when the fabricator's deployed. It's not like the scout has a very busy job before the deployment of the fabricator. If he's too late blowing himself up, he gets revived after that or just has to skip the first round. 
What is extremely annoying is when the soldier plants the grenades all over the map. He also has to realise that there's someone who ends up running all over the map to get the energy on time. Good points for the soldier but a pain and possible lag for the rest of the team. Pretty much goes for the those snipers as well who make headshots on the other side of the map. The main reason why I don't like being scout on Fallout. Too much risk of snipers that make headshots at the other respawn.
Bakspatel wrote:

In my opinion, the soldier has the time to plant the grenades till the fabricator has been deployed. He doesn't even necessarily have to plant nine grenades straight away, but blow himself up after the sixth/seventh one then plant the others when the fabricator's deployed. It's not like the scout has a very busy job before the deployment of the fabricator. If he's too late blowing himself up, he gets revived after that or just has to skip the first round.  
What is extremely annoying is when the soldier plants the grenades all over the map. He also has to realise that there's someone who ends up running all over the map to get the energy on time. Good points for the soldier but a pain and possible lag for the rest of the team. Pretty much goes for the those snipers as well who make headshots on the other side of the map. The main reason why I don't like being scout on Fallout. Too much risk of snipers that make headshots at the other respawn.
As Scout I let Soldiers plant. I just watch them to see where they go. As Soldier I plant as many as I can while watching the Fab movement to time my arrival and departure! :)  

My view is why waste the chance to use those grenades and give Power boost, and being W1 there isn't a huge amount of Power lost is the Scout misses it. 

The latest Horde tho means you should place those greanades close to base and as ever within sight of Scout. Which reminds me, if Soldier has plants, Heavy please don't blow up enemies that those grenades will kill. Seen it so many times a plant is wasted as the Juvie or whatever is Dropshotted as it gets to the grenade - wasting the grenade. Juvie dead...then grenade explodes.

I am all, but what am I?
As soon as I discern the random(s) are not good teammates, (and maybe giving the benefit of attempting communication,) I quit. I am not going to deal with 25-50 waves of their crap, (assuming we even make it that far.)
As soon as I discern the random(s) are not good teammates, (and maybe giving the benefit of attempting communication,) I quit. I am not going to deal with 25-50 waves of their crap, (assuming we even make it that far.)
Sometimes I take a back seat and see if my prediction comes true.

I am all, but what am I?
ExcaIibur wrote:

ExcaIibur wrote:

(Not being condescending). If you mostly played on casual or normal, your class level would rise very slowly. The class xp was 40% of the regular xp (ribbons didn't/don't count). Now it's 80% (permanent 2x class xp). If I remember correctly it takes 200k class xp to fully level one.

Yeah I know, but I normally play solo, so I'm not in a team to play it on insane... which obviously makes it easier. However I don't think it helps that its such a grind to level up your class. New people to the game will be put off by it mostly.  

I think it should be much easier to level up classes and cards. Who has that amount of time to spend grinding on horde? Not many.
Mine didn't take that long, but I usually played during the season pass map updates, which yielded 4x class xp, but definitely a grind without it.

ExcaIibur wrote:

ExcaIibur wrote:

Mine didn't take that long, but I usually played during the season pass map updates, which yielded 4x class xp, but definitely a grind without it.
Yeah I was busy during all those times it was giving 4x xp. I think I've now put Gears to one side anyway.
ExcaIibur wrote:

ExcaIibur wrote:

ExcaIibur wrote:

Yeah I was busy during all those times it was giving 4x xp. I think I've now put Gears to one side anyway.
My play time has dropped off the last couple of months. Ticked up a bit to finish the flaming skins and get the most recent midnight omen ones. Not sure if I'll be able to finish the latter (weather issues).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3