Over Priced Gear Packs (Microtransactions)

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
Why are the gear packs so expensive? 4000 credits for an elite pack? seriously? thats ***** ridiculous. I average around 15 to 25 credits per game. thats about 200 games to get just one elite pack. why is everyone okay with that? Coalition PLEASE adjust this to make it more fair, i know the $100 i spent on this game wasn't enough for you and you want more, but i really dont want to spend more money on this game just to be able to get some skins.
Second that.
Havent cracked open the versus yet but the prices do seem kind of crazy.
Hi.
Worst part is, there's a still a very high chance you won't pull a Epic or Legendary card from the pack.  

Earlier i saved up 4000 creds and purchased an Elite pack. I got a common emblem and two uncommon weapon skins.
Don't buy that *****. 

ANY OF IT.
Abuse your advantage. 
Play to win.
iJonesy 99 wrote:
Worst part is, there's a still a very high chance you won't pull a Epic or Legendary card from the pack.  

Earlier i saved up 4000 creds and purchased an Elite pack. I got a common emblem and two uncommon weapon skins.
Okay, what i now recommend is based on Halo 5, and i have to wait to next week until my GoW4 arrives. However if it works like Halo 5, here an tipp. Begin to open with the lowtier Packs at first. Believe me, if it's like Halo 5 this is the best what you can do. I myself wasn't very patient, and now i have a nephew, where it doesn't makes any sense anymore to open Bronze and Silverpacks, because he get REQ-Points(which you use to buy packs) back, because he almost unlocked everything from lowtier(common, uncommon etc) with bronze/silverpacks beforehand and now he often gets Legendary out of the Goldpacks, with way less playtime than me... and i was so impatient and aimed mostly for the Goldpacks, and have gotten mostly uncommon and rare. if you begin with the lowtier at first, you will get cheaper faster the common/uncommon finished, and if you open the hightier packs, you have an better chance to get legendary etc. But this only work, if you can't get permanent Cards twice or more(because i heard there is also an Scrap system? Which would make sense that you can obtain a permanent more often), which i don't know because like i said, i have to wait until next week... 

#Topic: That really seems a bit harsh, but what about bounty's? I heard you can also get bountycards which rewards you with more coins(as well exp)?

iJonesy 99 wrote:

know because like i said, i have to wait until next week...  

#Topic: That really seems a bit harsh, but what about bounty's? I heard you can also get bountycards which rewards you with more coins?
The bounties that reward you with credits are a joke. The highest reward bounty i've gotten so far is 25 credits.
Its not gonna require rocket science or a huge amount of time for readjustments of cr rewarded in game. Just open on thread instead making more to complain about the sane issue
Maybe, but that's only an idea, they also lowered the reward, because the Game isn't realeased officially, so early access player don't have that much of an advantages. But this is only an idea, we will see... 

(I swear by god, this captcha get so much on my nerves.. grrr....)
Yeah I've already gotten to level 45 and only been able to get 1 pack. I'm around 1/2 of my way to a second. There's no way it can stay like this. The one pack that I worked hard to get had nothing in it either. At least 2 of them were duplicates and my rare was a dumb snub skin. Working for that long to just be rewarded by something so underwhelming is quite annoying honestly. Making it worth 2,000 would make more sense.
Maybe, but that's only an idea, they also lowered the reward, because the Game isn't realeased officially, so early access player don't have that much of an advantages. But this is only an idea, we will see...  

(I swear by god, this captcha get so much on my nerves.. grrr....)
I hope that is the case because in H5 (not to compare them so much) it takes about 10-15 Arena matches to earn enough REQ for a Gold Pack. 200 games seems a little ridiculous but it does make sense not to give UE owners a big advantage. Let's just hope because that discourages me from even wanting to earn everything in the game (and it doesn't make me want to buy packs either).
It'd be a lil less messed up if you atleast got Gear packs on level ups, like in Overwatch with loot crates. Although, they don't have as many things to unlock as in Overwatch, like all the avatars, voicelines, sprays, etc. So, that's part of why they wouldn't want to do that I suppose. They need to do something though, starting with either lowering the price of Packs, or upping the amount of CR we get.
I feel like the whole point is to discourage people from buying them with real money. Just grind and earn your stuff like a normal person. Makes it much more satisfying.
Off topic but need info on if you can equip Longshot Sniper in Multiplayer, or do you find it on the map. Thanks

iJonesy 99 wrote:

Okay, what i now recommend is based on Halo 5, and i have to wait to next week until my GoW4 arrives. However if it works like Halo 5, here an tipp. Begin to open with the lowtier Packs at first. Believe me, if it's like Halo 5 this is the best what you can do. I myself wasn't very patient, and now i have a nephew, where it doesn't makes any sense anymore to open Bronze and Silverpacks, because he get REQ-Points(which you use to buy packs) back, because he almost unlocked everything from lowtier(common, uncommon etc) with bronze/silverpacks beforehand and now he often gets Legendary out of the Goldpacks, with way less playtime than me... and i was so impatient and aimed mostly for the Goldpacks, and have gotten mostly uncommon and rare. if you begin with the lowtier at first, you will get cheaper faster the common/uncommon finished, and if you open the hightier packs, you have an better chance to get legendary etc. But this only work, if you can't get permanent Cards twice or more(because i heard there is also an Scrap system? Which would make sense that you can obtain a permanent more often), which i don't know because like i said, i have to wait until next week...  

#Topic: That really seems a bit harsh, but what about bounty's? I heard you can also get bountycards which rewards you with more coins(as well exp)?
Also a Halo 5 veteran. The problem is that you can get repeats on here. There's a lot less than there is on Halo 5 but to compensate for that they just drove the prices up to astronomical levels... And made it so you get repeats >:(  

At first I was complimenting the ability to break down stuff you don't want for scrap to save up and build the items you do want but after playing a few matches and seeing how little you get rewarded for a couple hours of play (played two half hour long king of the hill matches and a horde up to wave 20 for about another hour and have almost a thousand saved) I felt very let down.  

I hated Halo 5's system and I think the basis for a much more fair system is here but they must change the prices or the credit rewards. Or do what I also wish Halo did and actually have more stuff that is awarded for achievements like the good ol days.
gammagoll wrote:
I feel like the whole point is to discourage people from buying them with real money. Just grind and earn your stuff like a normal person. Makes it much more satisfying.
????  

Its exactly the opposite. They designed it this way to encourage people to buy them, because it takes so damn long to earn them "like a normal person" 

This is pure greed and its ***** annoying.
gammagoll wrote:
That is literally the opposite of the point. They make things a ridiculous grind that any sane person would not have the patience for in an attempt to coax you into buying them for $$$ since it's quick and easy and gives you instant rewards. This is why I hate MMOs and despite being a lifelong Halo fan, have had a rather on/off relationship with Halo 5, a game that I love and hate for this very reason.

gammagoll wrote:

That is literally the opposite of the point. They make things a ridiculous grind that any sane person would not have the patience for in an attempt to coax you into buying them for $$$ since it's quick and easy and gives you instant rewards. This is why I hate MMOs and despite being a lifelong Halo fan, have had a rather on/off relationship with Halo 5, a game that I love and hate for this very reason.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
I just watched a Vid of some guy who spent +31$ on 5 gears pack Lol.... WTF !!! and the fact that legendaries and epic are not guaranteed is straight RI-DIC-OLOUS !
If it stays like this, by the time Gears 6 would be out I bet nobody would've unlocked all the skins in 4 lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30