What's Up - March 29th 2018

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Here’s What’s Up this week in Gears of War 4! 

• The April 2018 Update is out now!
  • Easter Event now active including Bunny Hunt and Juvie Madness
  • Big Rig Dizzy (and some surprise Esports Skins) arrive later today
  • New information on the reported Rank Drops in the community
  • First 2v2 Event arrives in Late April

Find out full details in the full What's Up post: https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/whatsup-mar29-2018
Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  
@CoalitionGears (direct updates from the studio)  
@GearsofWar (latest news on Gears)
Should be a good Gears weekend! 

If anyone is wondering, the Easter skins are all rare.
How long does update take. Been on start screen for 30 min. Wheel spinning.
1.23 GB. Mine started instantly. I’d reboot and open Gears again.
why dizzy packs isn´t in the shop?
I rebooted and nothing. Thanks.
RedDogCR wrote:
why dizzy packs isn´t in the shop?
22:00 UK/ 17:00 US of A, not sure what part...fancy have more than one time zone ;)
LOCUSTS FOREVER  
RIP to Chris Cornell 18/05/17. Tom Petty 02/10/17. Sadly and devastatingly missed.

1.23 GB. Mine started instantly. I’d reboot and open Gears again.
Thanks I did that and nothing. Actually lost the A button. Uninstalled and trying again.
so still no adjustments to mm as promised in Jan? Nice one tc. 

If you ever decide to try and fix mm, try and fix the hideous lag comp and incredibly poor networking as well A?
Day 1, Gears 1, OG veteran.  
Oldschool Gnasher whore and long time forum rabble rouser.
TC Vectes wrote:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Find out full details in the full What's Up post: https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/whatsup-mar29-2018
From the "What's Up Gears" post about the ridiculous rank drops in a nutshell: 
"Everything is normal and the system is working how it should". No, Coalition - it is not. Season 3 has been out for over a month and only LAST WEEK have these significant rank drops started taking place. You development of Gears is a tragedy when it comes to PVP multiplayer. You're like the 343 Studios version of Gears and need to do better. On top of all the other BS you've pulled with microtransactions and the constant updates with weapon tuning, you really can't afford another ***** up
Yeah, woo - bring it on sucka!
So basically while I was installing the update, it stopped at 12,9% and didn t move for 10 min. I thought to restart the update, but that deleted the entire game...Loking forward to reinstall these 90GB...
Dizzy in 5 - 400CR packs. Not sure I’ve been that lucky before. Plaid skins, ok. Not exciting but not the worst.
Four words. 

"Waiting for other players..."
I need to be a high level player but I can't get to my true level (ping, carrying, idiots, blah), so I go as part of a Stacked team with mics against solos to get where I truly belong, at the top.  

I am all, but what am I?
TC Vectes wrote:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

I’m sure my opinion will fall on deaf ears but still gonna voice it. Is there any way to have the 400 AND 2000 credit packs back for all future packs? It’s good for all sides. 400 is the perfect amount for people who don’t have the credits or time to play extensively. The 2000 credit pack is great for the player base that has the time/credits built up. If your gonna force us to choose one or the other can you please stick with the 2000 credit packs? The drop rate on them is tremendously better. I think the majority of the community would prefer it that way.
How long are the Bunny Hunt and Juvie Madness Events on for? There is no mention in the March 29th What's Up post about a date and time that these events are done. 

I really hope both events are for an entire week as some of us will be travelling to visit family and friends over the holidays. These events are always great to take part in but can be difficult to play if only available for two or three days, especially over a holiday weekend. Plus, I do not want to miss out on the Midnight Omen Gnasher and Boltok. 

Cheers,
Harsher punishments for AFK and Quitting Players.  
Additional Campaign DLC, not just Inconceivable and Ironman Modes.
TC, 

I was waiting on additional feedback regarding this post. I never got it. Unfortunately, I am 32 years old now and I have given a lot support for this franchise and no longer have the patience for it. I am talking 2008 EPIC game forums. I know vast of the player community doesn't care about my opinion and this is a new generation for this franchise. I am most likely complaining to an abyss. I've have announced various times that I was done with this franchise for x & y reasons. In the past, the reasons had been nullified by TC team members. I've had fun playing Gears 4 and I won't deny it. Not limited too, playing with some of the members at The Coalition late at night (and I had some fun times). I was really hoping I would get some feedback on this. I did not get it and while this might be bittersweet, I have to let this franchise go. It is no longer the same franchise I once knew.  

Honestly, I don't know what the future of Gears entails. I am grateful that after some back and forth, and months of waiting, PING was implemented even though I had been requesting this for years, even at EPIC. The major problem I have with Gears is that it always feels that the multiplayer component is always in a "beta" stage. I've seen this franchise go from fully blossoming, to being on life support (Gears 2 TU2). I no longer have the same patience I once did for this franchise to at least morph into something worth while spending my online gaming time on. Consistent online infrastructure for playing online is crucial to me. I have to repeat, I no longer have the patience to deal with the discrepancies that the Gears of War franchise illustrates in Gears 4. I miss playing Gears. I do. There is no other game like it. The movement mechanic is was defines Gears, next to it's beautiful awe inspiring gore. 

In the end, it is time for me to say good bye to Gears. I've been months deep playing Fortnite and while I do miss the gore, I don't miss the frustration that Gears provides along side the gore. 

I want to thank The Coalition for all the time invested into this game and for continuing to keep the dream alive. Let's be honest here, as a community we were afraid Gears was dead after Gears Of War Judgement but you guys did a good job at the beginning in keeping the dream alive. 

If it matters, here are my 2 cents as to why Gears 4 went down a dark path: 

- Community division via Core/Comp 
- Constant revisions of weapon tuning 
- Constant revision of movement/aiming mechanics 

If the game had been like Fortnite (free) then this would be justifiable but most of us paid $60 to play for a finished game. Sure, patches and fixes are always warranted but experiments when money is involved? Never a good thing.  

Take care, god bless, I hope for the best for the future of this community and this franchise. Again, thank you for the good memories and the fun times.
RIP Chester Bennington #LINKINPARK  
Thanks for trying.  
Moved to [Fortnite]. Online Infrastructure won't be fixed.  
[full motion]  
SEE YOU SPACE GEARSHEAD...  

TC Vectes wrote:

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

I’m sure my opinion will fall on deaf ears but still gonna voice it. Is there any way to have the 400 AND 2000 credit packs back for all future packs? It’s good for all sides. 400 is the perfect amount for people who don’t have the credits or time to play extensively. The 2000 credit pack is great for the player base that has the time/credits built up. If your gonna force us to choose one or the other can you please stick with the 2000 credit packs? The drop rate on them is tremendously better. I think the majority of the community would prefer it that way.
Without a large sample size, I don't know if that's accurate. I got all but the Lancer in eleven 400cr packs. In the spectral I missed two weapons and one character with 14 packs. I bought 38 of the recruit packs: missed one weapon, one character. 

In my limited sample, # of characters and frequency of emblems appear to be important factors. This pack only had one character and only 5 out of 11 (45%) had an emblem. The other 2 had two characters; as for emblems, the spectral was 13 of 14 (93%), and the recruit 23 of 38 (61%). 

As long as the emblem % is down, 400cr packs may be ok. Also possibly better with single characters, but two might be ok, with a lower emblem rate.
WTF is wrong with midnight omen skins! Ive played the event 10x today and yesterday and get the boltok skin 10x in a row. Are you ***** kidding me Coalition.

TC Vectes wrote:

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

Without a large sample size, I don't know if that's accurate. I got all but the Lancer in eleven 400cr packs. In the spectral I missed two weapons and one character with 14 packs. I bought 38 of the recruit packs: missed one weapon, one character.  

In my limited sample, # of characters and frequency of emblems appear to be important factors. This pack only had one character and only 5 out of 11 (45%) had an emblem. The other 2 had two characters; as for emblems, the spectral was 13 of 14 (93%), and the recruit 23 of 38 (61%).  

As long as the emblem % is down, 400cr packs may be ok. Also possibly better with single characters, but two might be ok, with a lower emblem rate.
Keep in mind the specter pack had no legendary cards. It’s a lot more likely to pull epics out of then legendary cards. Hell for me it took roughly 40k credits to get one legendary in the officer pack 62k to get both characters. Last night when the dizzy packs went live I was playing horde me and the other people bought 5 400 credit packs got nothing really worthwhile. We bought a few 2000 credits pack got dizzy in the first or second pack. Even got 3 or 4 duplicate dizzys in 15 packs or so. Point being the 2000 packs have a higher drop rate... Or that was extremely fortunate or coincidental.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2