What's Up Gears? - February 1st 2018

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

We’re back for our second ever edition of What’s Up, your weekly look at all things Gears. 

Here’s What’s Up this week! 

• The Big Game ‘Blitz IV’ Weekend starts on Friday, February 2nd
  • New Thrashball Pack arrives with The Big Game Weekend
  • OpTic Gaming took their fifth win in a row at the Mexico City Open
  • Rise of RAAM #1 stock is sold out to stores. Grab it while you can!
  • February Update released with 5 additional Wings levels and minor miscellaneous fixes

Read the full article: https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/whatsup-feb1-2018
Senior Community Manager for Gears of War at The Coalition  

Follow Gears of War on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest on Gears  
Follow The Coalition on Twitter and Facebook for updates direct from the studio.  
You can follow me on Twitter - @OctusTC
SWEEET! 
10 chars
>Check out my Channel <  
#2 Pistol Tournament (by GFC)
Ayy, thrashball characters. Nice, thx. We should've had them earlier, but it is what it is.
Gears of War Machinima Playlist (Currently 10 Episodes)
5 more wings 
Im still on wings 1 lol.  
Otherwise thumds up.
UK hoarder.  

\./ Members of the old guard horde xbox club \./
I'm pretty excited for the Thrashball Gear Pack, so I hope you've kept to the consistency with the given cards as with Heavy Scion and DB Industries, as you did pretty darn well there. :) Keep it up. 

Also! I'm wondering if you've ever considered a whole new THRASHBALL MODE. I mean, I love the updated original modes that keep coming with the newer games, but I'm VERY surprised that this never made it into later DLC for Gears of War 3. I don't know how it'd work or play out, but assuming plenty of interesting roadie running. ;) Maybe something to think about, try it with a beta, see how it goes. It'd be something COMPLETELY NEW and a long-time coming perhaps. It'd surely be something to have tons of fun and rage about, as I'm sure fans would extend it with Thrashball divisions and championships. lmao! Maybe you should revamp Beast Mode too, as I'm also surprised that with Horde 3.0, we didn't get Beast Mode 2.0 "Swarm". ;)  

Give it a go, eh, with THRASHBALL? We don't wanna play McFadden clearly, so it's something to toy around with to give it it's edge Gears-style. You never really know. ;) It'd be a challenge for you to make, which if it pays off would be completely worth the fun!
CORE blitz probably = no thanks 

0.001% character drop rate on new packs  

OpTic AGAIN !!! 

5 more wings ???? 5 more 50 MILLION XP !!??  

No fix on auto region hopping ?? 

You guys are great ... thanks for everything ...
We finally got the Thrashball pack. Awesome!
The only thing that should be fix is this extremely unbalanced lag compensation, I'm on the verge of throwing my hands up and quit playing gears 4, the clip here was from the last 24 and almost every game I had to predict where a player would be to hit my shots and to me that's not right. Playing gears since last update fills like riding a bike up hill.<a href="<iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="320" height="185" style="max-width:100%" src="http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TXxiPROxDIRTY/video/43389500/embed"></iframe>"><iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="320" height="185" style="max-width:100%" src="http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TXxiPROxDIRTY/video/43389500/embed"></iframe></a>
You guys have done great. Although, not sure I understand why add more wings?? Only speedrunners will ever reach those levels and make the wings feel obselete and vain. Most of the good players I know haven’t even reached wings 2 yet.
Before there was nothing, there were monsters.  
COG: Black Steel Medic  
Swarm: Black Steel Savage Kantus
Looking forward to play some Blitz. Are there any CR bounties that we might be able to use for winning? Since I'm guessing KOTH Victory wouldn't work...

This post has been hidden.

still getting empty shotgun shells, you guys really got to work!

Ayy, thrashball characters. Nice, thx. We should've had them earlier, but it is what it is.
It makes sense this weekend since it's the superbowl.
You guys have done great. Although, not sure I understand why add more wings?? Only speedrunners will ever reach those levels and make the wings feel obselete and vain. Most of the good players I know haven’t even reached wings 2 yet.
Are you saying speedrunners aren't good players?
Ashes2003 wrote:

Are you saying speedrunners aren't good players?
Do you have basic reading comprehension? Where was that insinuated? What I was saying is if you mainly play mp, you will most likely never reach wings 5. Although, if you do participate in speed runs, you’re probably a clown.
Before there was nothing, there were monsters.  
COG: Black Steel Medic  
Swarm: Black Steel Savage Kantus
CORE blitz probably = no thanks  

0.001% character drop rate on new packs  

OpTic AGAIN !!!  

5 more wings ???? 5 more 50 MILLION XP !!??  

No fix on auto region hopping ??  

You guys are great ... thanks for everything ...
what do you mean by auto region hopping? 

you need to know that even though there are other regions listed in data centers list there is no one playing there.(ranked) 

I joined my united states friends to play with them 155ms ping difference cause there is NO ONE else to play with. united states rules as the most played region for us in any game with good connection out of the whole world. there are no other players we can connect to unless we want like 350ms ping.  

can we please agree as a community to allow players to change to a different region. My united states friends found a match so fast I went back to lobby for 4 seconds while my game said waiting for lobby host then it jumped back into ranked. I am in Australia and I have not played ONE SINGLE season 3 match in my region cause it is DEAD. I need to change region to united states to play RANKED at ALL. Please fix this for me cause it was perfect before the quality of service. let us choose to use QoS or the old way PLEASE.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2