Why quitting still be an issue in GoW4

Ok, so in TU3 we are promised some solution for quitting. Unfortunately yet not for horde (which is only mode I play), but I understand that TC have to start somewhere so they picked the modes they picked. 

Some people are getting really excited about this, but I will be more realistic in this. 

At first good news. Being able to rejoin with not penalty if my kid drops over my internet cable is great. Kudos for that ! 

But now comes the bad news. TC and GoW franchise will most likely (you know, never say never :) ) not be able to implement really punishing quitting penalties which are available in some heavily played franchises. For example I can speak for Counter Strike (back in the day. Not sure about its status now), others are mentioning League of Legends, Rocket League etc which I cant confirm as I never played those. ... Guys, you have to keep in mind one major thing. Those games have much higher player base than GoW. If they will block thousands or even tens of thousands of people because they are leavers, you will still have a lots of players of your skill which you can be matched against. ... If you will do that in GoW, you will be playing either alone or the matchmaking will be so broken, that the game will be totally un-enjoyable for you. 

So overall yes, there will be quitting penalties, but TC can implement only something very decent, because they cannot divide already small community. 

I have a great example in another game I play a lot. Real time strategy Company of Heroes 2 on PC. Great game, small player base. Usually like 5 - 7 thousands of people are playing when I am searching for a match with friends... People are calling for quitters penalty in team games for nearly 4 years. But still nothing implemented. Why ? Because even now it takes several minutes to find you a team match and even than you are sometimes placed against players from top10 world rank. ... Imagine if quitting penalties were implemented. You will be waiting longer and be placed against much more (or less) skilled opponents. 

But what Company of Heroes 2 implemented and I can see something like that in Gears of War is that they replaced the quitters with AI. The only problem is that they still didn't figure out the level of AI so it will be an adequate opponent. 

I don't want this threat to be throwing dirt at TC, community, GoW franchise or whatever. I just want to calm down some maybe overly optimistic players who thinks, that quitting in GoW will magically disappear within TU3 and TU4.
I don't personally see why the controvesy over this quit penalty and why there are so many up in arms. This is a step in the right direction. Make things as less desirable as possible to quit, put obstacles in the way to try and deter from doing so as much as possible. And what they did in this update is exactly that. 

Of course, you are never going to stop people quitting. Unless you remove the option from the menu and have someone from TC stand beside you while you play to prevent you from powering down your console/pc.
Thanks to Atlas the Alpha for the Avatar Tee & Jungle Camo Longshot skin. | Thanks to Girrappphhhffe for the Zombie Pack. | Thanks to III LYCAN III for the Zombie Gnasher skin.
I don't personally see why the controvesy over this quit penalty and why there are so many up in arms.
It's not because we enjoy quitting, it's because we enjoy a good quality match, and is that too much to ask for? The fact that there are penalties isn't the most frustrating part. The most frustrating thing is that TC is using the penalties as a means to avoid them having to actually figure out the issues that cause people to leave. If I could actually verse players that don't eat 9/10 shots and teleport around the map, I would never leave a game. But the fact is, those are the only kind of players I verse, and i'm fed up with it.
This is a multi-layered issue and simply cannot be addressed with a one-time fix it all solution.  

By implementing changes like this, they can assess the match quality of Ranked/Competitive matches and add further changes based on data they've collected. 

Understanding that this is a necessary step in the direction of obtaining the highest caliber match quality that they have to offer is something players should consider before jumping to conclusions.
SA
Z7 SA Z7 wrote:
Understanding that this is a necessary step in the direction of obtaining the highest caliber match quality
All this step will achieve is make those who are already frustrated with versing foreigners even more frustrated. It's basically "you can no longer leave matches against teleporting sponge gods, and instead you must endure them". This would be fine if those kind of matches were infrequent, but they aren't, they are extremely frequent, to the point where they are pretty much every single game.
Yeah which is why I assumed they were holding off on adding the quit penalty due to fixing server and matchmaking issues as well as putting a stop to the Region Hoppers who clearly don't need to change region but do it anyway.
Legacy Characters for Gears of War 4 
Seriously 4.0 Unlocked: 30/03/2017 
Anthony Carmine  

<span></span>
I still quit every Match to destroy the game for bullet sponging 5 man Teams, i dont care about quit penalties
Just curious where you are getting Gears of War 4 player base size from to compare it to other games?
Just curious where you are getting Gears of War 4 player base size from to compare it to other games?
Well it is just "reading between the lines". No bragging from MS or TC side about how many copies were sold, the speed with how my large friendliest abandoned GoW4 and started playing other games, or even TC not implementing harsh quit penalties yet. Because the know how is there and if they had big player base it will be already implemented. But as the player base is small they have to think about something, test it etc. and this takes time. 

Edit: And last, but not least, the massive price drop for an AAA title after just 3 months.
Cassper17 wrote:

Well it is just "reading between the lines". No bragging from MS or TC side about how many copies were sold, the speed with how my large friendliest abandoned GoW4 and started playing other games, or even TC not implementing harsh quit penalties yet. Because the know how is there and if they had big player base it will be already implemented. But as the player base is small they have to think about something, test it etc. and this takes time.
So what you are saying is you are basing it almost completely off conjecture with no solid facts or evidence to actually back up your statements..

Cassper17 wrote:

So what you are saying is you are basing it almost completely off conjecture with no solid facts or evidence to actually back up your statements..
If you think as a solid fact only something that will be officially announced by Major Nelson or Phil Spencer, than no. ... If you consider "the whole picture" of facts, plus information from insiders like Shinobi602, than you know, that GoW4 was not as successfull as TC hoped it to be. And even at its best sales in previous GoW games it wasn't nearly anywhere close to League of Legends, Dota2 or other big fanbase franchises. 

It is really just a simple logic. No nuclear physics or moon-landing calculations.
Dont care about quitting penalties. If i see anyone remotelly sponging, or a obviusly unfair match im gonna leave. I have not been banned yet but i am praying for it so i dont have to touch this broken af game to be completely honest. Dont want to play ranked and i dont want to be forced to play competitive in general, dont want to deal with BS, region hopping, awful mechanics, and a stressful enviroment in general. if i am not having fun im gonna f*** leave
There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to thing that i walk that line every day of my life.
  1. 1