Bigelowe can represent a number of causes for the same error.
The vast majority of reported Bigelowe errors are due to incorrect account permissions
- Xbox Live Gold membership is required to access Gears of War 4’s online features.
- Gears of War 4 is rated M for Mature. If your Xbox account settings block M rated titles or online play, you cannot access Gears of War 4’s online features.
Poor internet connection quality due to instability, network speeds or both.
- Gears of War 4 does not support low speed or unstable connections. Our minimum requirement for online play is 0.1MB/s upload and download speed, but we recommend at least 0.5MB/s upload and download speed for a stable experience.
- Playing Gears of War 4 via a mobile internet (3G/4G) device or tethering may cause Bigelowe. Connecting via mobile internet is not recommended or supported by Gears of War 4.
Some ISPs have issues with communication to ports required for the Gears of War 4 services
- Some internet service providers are causing communication issues with the Gears of War 4 services.
- We are gathering a list of ISPs for awareness and will publish a list soon.
A known issue where your profile will not load from Gears of War 4 Services
- This issue will not impact or corrupt your profile, but will prevent you from accessing Gears of War 4 services (which will result in the BIGELOWE error)
- As of the July Update, we can now track most instances of this occurring and unblock your profile as quickly as possible. Please allow up to 5 days to be unblocked.
- We are working on a permanent fix for this issue and hope to deploy it in the near future.
A known issue where your profile cannot contact the correct service in Gears of War 4
- This issue accounts for roughly 10% of reports. We are working on identifying a solution and fixing this in a future update.