Dates: Friday, October 13th - Sunday, October 15th
City: Mexico City, Mexico
Venue: World Trade Center Mexico City
Prize Pool: $150,000
Pro Points: 25,000 Series
Friday, October 13: Doors open to spectators at 12:00 PM CST for open bracket viewing. Teams must arrive by 11:00 AM CST for a tournament start at 12:00 PM noon CST. Main stage matches begin at 4:00 PM CST.
Saturday, October 14: Doors open to spectators at 9:30 AM CST. Teams must arrive by 9:00 AM CST, tournament and main stage matches resume at 10:00 AM CST.
Sunday, October 15: Doors open to spectators at 9:30 AM CST. Teams must arrive by 9:00 AM CST, tournament and main stage matches resume at 10:00 AM CST.
Stream Schedule: Starts Friday at 4:00 PM CST, Saturday at 10:00 AM CST, Sunday at 10:00 AM CST on http://live.gearsofwar.com
All team passes include 5 players and a coach/manager. Full team rosters must be submitted at time of purchase and are non-refundable and non-transferable. The team pass purchase page requires information about each player (Xbox Gamertag, MLG username, contact info, etc) so please make sure you have that information handy before you register for a team pass. Due to high demand, this season's event has been increased to 76 teams total and is expected to sell out quickly.
Latin American Team Pass Pre-Sale (2000 MX Pesos): Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 5:00 PM CST
All 5 players must reside in Latin America. Any international teams attempting to purchase team passes during the Latin American pre-sale will not be registered or refunded. Please note our team pass sale page is only available in English but will be used for both Latin America and General team pass sales.
The Latin American pre-sale special pricing will have limited availability for 2 days only. The pre-sale ends on Friday, September 1 at 4:00 PM CST.
Click here to purchase Latin American Pre-Sale Team Passes (SOLD OUT!)
General Team Pass Sales ($200 USD): Friday, September 1 at 6:00 PM EST
Teams from around the world may purchase the General Team Pass after this date. Latin American teams may purchase the General Team Pass if they missed the pre-sale. Pool play, travel coverage and open bracket teams all purchase and use the same team pass purchase process.
Click here to purchase General Team Passes (SOLD OUT!)
Spectator Ticket Sales Begin: Fri, Sept 1st. 400 pesos for Latin American residents (AVAILABLE NOW, click here for Ticketmaster MX) and $25 USD for all regions on Smash.gg (AVAILABLE NOW, see instructions below).
Spectator passes include full access to the main stage area, featured station pro team area, and the exciting open bracket for the entire weekend.
Meet Gears of War developers and the professional Gears teams! Signings and photographs will be available throughout the weekend.
Non-refundable and non-transferable.
Purchasing Spectator Passes on Smash.gg (English):
- Register an account on Smash.gg.
- Go to the Event Page (https://smash.gg/tournament/gears-pro-circuit-mexico-city-open) and click the "Register" button.
- Enter your details and continue to the Registration form.
- Select "Spectator Pass" under "Team Pass".
- Select the amount of passes you wish to purchase
- Fill out the remainder of the form (Note: Xbox Gamertags will be used to grant all Watch and Win skins given away on stream)
- Proceed to Payment form and pay for your passes.
- Confirm that the confirmation and receipt has been sent to your account.
Pool Play Teams: Rosters must be submitted via Smash.gg by September 25th at 5:00 PM EDT (official roster lock deadline). Rosters must be submitted at time of pass purchase, but may be changed until the official lock deadline. Official roster submissions will not be accepted by email. Pool play roster changes may be made AFTER the Roster Lock date (September 25th at 5:00 PM EDT) until the open bracket roster lock date, however these teams will be removed from pool play and seeded into the open bracket. Any roster changes made after the open bracket roster lock date will be placed at the bottom of the open bracket unseeded. All roster changes made after the pass purchase date must be approved by Gears Esports and submitted via email@example.com. Pool play teams will be seeded by Pro Points as of September 25th at 6:00 AM EDT. All pool play teams must arrive (latest) on Thursday, Oct 12 and depart (earliest) on Monday, Oct 16 due to media day requirements.
Travel Coverage: Travel stipends are available to the Top 8 Latin American teams, Top 8 North American teams, and the Top 3 European teams via Gears Pro Points at the seeding point deadline. Teams submitting for travel coverage must have submitted their roster & purchased a pass via Smash.gg by September 25th at 5:00 PM EDT (official travel coverage deadline). Stipends are paid out at a total amount for average travel costs based on your region. This gives the teams or organizations flexibility to book travel as desired. Teams are required to book their own travel (flights, accommodations, etc). Travel stipends are paid out after the event has completed and teams (and org owners) must sign a form releasing the funds to either individual players OR to be paid to the organization (one or the other). In an emergency financial situation where a team cannot book their own travel, they may request it be booked by the tournament organizer (by Sept 26), but they will not receive a stipend. Roster changes made after the travel coverage deadline may result in partial or zero team travel funding. All teams submitting for travel funding must arrive (latest) on Thursday, Oct 12 and depart (earliest) on Monday, Oct 16 due to media day requirements. For travel coverage questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Bracket Teams: Full rosters must be submitted via pass purchase on Smash.gg by October 9th at 5:00 PM EDT (official open bracket deadline). Official roster submissions will not be accepted by email. After this date, roster changes may be submitted via email@example.com and are subject to approval by Gears Esports. These teams will be placed at the bottom of the open bracket unseeded Open Bracket teams will be seeded by Pro Points as of October 9th at 6:00 AM EDT.
General Rules: Teams may not sell or transfer passes. The submitted team roster must have at least 2 players from the original roster submitted at team pass purchase time, or the pass will be forfeited and will not be refunded. All changes to be approved at the discretion of administration including emergency situations.
How to register for a Team Pass on Smash.gg:
- All team members must register an account on Smash.gg.
- Team Captain or Manager goes to the Event Page (https://smash.gg/tournament/gears-pro-circuit-mexico-city-open) and clicks the "Register" button in the top right (under the header) to access the Registration form.
- Team Captain or Manager fills out first page of form with personal details, advances to Registration form.
- Team Captain or Manager selects correct team pass from the drop down menu (Note: All 5 players must reside in Latin America for Pre-Sale passes. Any international teams attempting to purchase team passes during the Latin American pre-sale will not be registered or refunded.)
- Team Captain or Manager creates a new team by entering a team name in the prompted field, and inviting teammates by entering their Smash.gg usernames.
Note: If your team captain/manager has already paid for your team, you do not need to do anything, such as accept the invite. The tournament admins will handle putting you onto your team.
- Team Captain or Manager fills out the remainder of the form, advances to Payment form.
- Team Captain or Manager fills out Payment form to pay for pass.
- Team Captain or Manager receives a registration confirmation email, and can make any changes to their roster (prior to roster lock) on Smash.gg